IGNORED

Craig Woodman

Claverham_Red

I'm not slating him but do you think it was the right decision to play him.

He is good on the ball but just a tiny bit too defensive.

But will he play there on wednesday or will Danny Wilson play Scott Murray on the right and Tony Rouiger on the left.

I think he will play on wednesday but if it is still 0-0 at half time or if we are losing I think Murray will come on and then Rougier will play on the left.

But saying that Mickey Bell could return from injury but that seems highly unlikey.

What do you think?

Guest bugs

on tonights display I would not play Woodman, didn't seem to get involved enough or to give us an attacking option. preference would be for Murray and Rouge, but who knows!

Thought he did an excellent job, particularly with a couple of timely interventions in the centre half - they must have been good because Taylor didn't whistle for a foul against!

Because of the (inevitable) balance of pressure, had too few chances to demonstrate his excellent crossing ability but otherwise very sound as befits an excellent young player.

Woody got a game cos it was the away leg and he is our defensive option. I have been dubious about him in the past, but last night I thought he did enough to stop the majority of their attacks on the right wing, however, we need to go out and attack on Weds so there may be other options?

Guest Harry May

On current form , why would you pick Murray at R/W to shuffle Rougier out to the left ? I thought Woody had a good game last night . I also thought Rougier had a good game on the right . What did Murray do to justify starting on Wednesday ?

Caldicot Red.

I'm am just saying

When fans dont agree with Wilsons tacticts they says he

he plays player out of postion

Yet they are happy to play Rougier a right sided player on the left!!

I can see what you are saying but Tony Rougier (I think) has/does play on the left for Trinidad and Tobago aganist international teams so playing him on the left against second division teams should not be a huge problem.

But saying all this I reckon Mickey Bell could return if only he is 80% fit.

I didn't think he played particualy badly, but then I wouldn't say he played particualy well. The danger with having two attacking players (Rougier and Murray) on the wings is that it obviously leaves a gap at the back. So I think putting Woody on was possibly a good idea. However, for the home game on Wednesday I would like to see both Murray and Rougier, simply becasue we're at home!

I'd still personly like to see Goodfellow down the left. Anyone noticed him lately? He had a terrific start with us and now... obsecurety?

Bring back Goodfellow on the left, when he replaced Arron when he got injured I thought he did excellent down the left and would have played every game there since.

All season fans have slagged off Danny Wilson for playing

players out of position

So why the F"*K play rougier on the Left????????????????

maybe because he can play on the right, left or upfront! Players like him are versitile!

Also i would of gone with goodfellow last night if murray wasn't to start, and would do the same again on weds. I would really like to see Bell back out on the left on weds though, although I'm not to hopefull of that, who ever plays out there on wednesday has to be attack minded anyway, so hopefully wilson will see sense!

Why is playing our most influential player of the last month (Rougier) out of position an "obvious" thing to do? He has done all his best work wide right.

Marc Goodfellow's defensive weaknesses made him a non starter for such a crucial away game.

I thought Craig played well, there was an understandable natural tendancy to be a bit deeper than was necessary on a few occasions, but he looked comfortable on the ball and used it well.

Whether he'll be required on Wednesday I'm not so sure but for an away game with Aaron and Mickey both missing I thought he was the correct choice.

Archived