IGNORED

Team For Today?

Maesknoll Red

No more posts speculating on the new Manager...........please!!

So who will Millen pick tomorrow? Surely not a 4-4-2.

I'll start with:

Gerkin

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McAllister

Haynes

Skuse

Hartley

Johnson

Elliott

Maynard

This

I think it will be a 4-3-3 formation looking something like this.....

.................Gerken.................

..Orr..Carey...Fontaine..Mac..

........Harley..elliot..skuse......

.haynes..meirhoffer..maynard

I think it will be a 4-3-3 formation looking something like this.....

.................Gerken.................

..Orr..Carey...Fontaine..Mac..

........Harley..elliot..skuse......

.haynes..meirhoffer..maynard

completely agree. lets see how the newcastle back 4 handles the size of mairhoffer and the speed of haynes and maynard

How are we gonna cope with Carroll & Nolan unsure.gif

The good news is Lovenkrantz could be out.

Shame I like him.:wub:

I'd say Millen will play similar to the WBA team.

Gerken

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McAllister

Skuse

Hartley

Elliot

Maynard

Hoff

Haynes

I fancy Millen to make a surprise or two in the line-up. He has said in the past he wants to become a manager, and the odds are against him for this job.

If he makes a few changes and they get a good result, it would give him a much better chance of getting the job. He has nothing to lose.

Shame I like him.wub.gif

I'd say Millen will play similar to the WBA team.

Gerken

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McAllister

Skuse

Hartley

Elliot

Maynard

Hoff

Haynes

you'll give women at footy a bad namerolleyes.gif i thought women didn't look at the players legs anymorewhistle.gif

I fancy Millen to make a surprise or two in the line-up. He has said in the past he wants to become a manager, and the odds are against him for this job.

If he makes a few changes and they get a good result, it would give him a much better chance of getting the job. He has nothing to lose.

but on the other hand, if he throws in some youngsters and they get picked apart by premier leauge players, it could set their confidence back a long way

i don't think he'll fiddle around too much.

I'm really hoping to see 4-3-3 with Haynes on the right and either Clarky or Sproule on the left.

Keep Maynard through the middle and have him running in behind all game.

Midfield of Hartley, Skuse and Elliot. Elliot has instructions to cover ground and tackle. NO FORWARD RUNNING. positional discipline is a must tomorrow especially in midfield. Skuse would be the Box to Box midfielder, pressing the ball and getting it down on the deck and Hartley would be given a free role to roam the park spreading the ball to the pacey front line.

defensively with the cover of Elliot we'd hopefully see a calmer more settled back line. Carey and Fontaine pick themselves in the middle, with Macca given specific instructions to keep the ball on the deck and play simple. same really goes for Orr but he's a liability with the ball so Carey would need to cover on the right.

in goal Gerken picks himself!

jobs a good un, and I've been playing football manager too long :preacher:

Gerken

Orr (WB)

Carey

Fontaine

Nyatanga

McCallister (WB)

Elliot

Skuse

Hartley

Haynes

Maynard

Rather have Akinde upfront than the Hoff as the Hoff is woeful. Akinde may suit our style of play but I don't know how we can expect a young lad like that to come in and be expected to change things against a team like Newcastle. Maynard and Haynes for me - pace is key me thinks..

Gerken

Orr (WB)

Carey

Fontaine

Nyatanga

McCallister (WB)

Elliot

Skuse

Hartley

Haynes

Maynard

Rather have Akinde upfront than the Hoff as the Hoff is woeful. Akinde may suit our style of play but I don't know how we can expect a young lad like that to come in and be expected to change things against a team like Newcastle. Maynard and Haynes for me - pace is key me thinks..

Take out Nyatanga and put in Akinde up front. Sproule definitely to come on as well second half, whatever happens

Rumour that Fontaine is injurred.... So possibly draft in Wilson or Riberio and play 5 across the back with two attacking fullbacks

Could there be a suprise in the line up.....???

Just leaving Birmingham now..... pick up a few pies and a couple of six packs on the way.

Dont worry I dont drink and drive.................I normally pull over and sup snack.gif

Forgot JCR was out.

----------Gerken-------------

--Orr---Carey--Fontaine--McA--

-----Skuse-------Hartley-----

------------LJ/Sno-----------

--Haynes-------------Maynard--

------------Hoff-------------

Quite like that formation, although i'd just plump LJ in there wheather Sno is fit again or not to be honest, i think thats his best position and one he has not played enough for me.

Archived