IGNORED

Calibre Of Applicants

I would like to believe that in the football world SL would be considered as a chairman who puts his money where his mouth is , as to the calibre of applicants until we really know who wants the job , and i believe we never will be privvy to this information, its all assumption on our parts really.

it's really good to see the calibre of names being bandied around for the position of manager of BCFC, I wonder if our position as a championship club with an excellent chairman has anything to do with that. Would we be getting the same calibre of applicant if we were a 1st division club.

Thanks yet again GJ.

Thats very true, and as a result, I suspect the next manager will be, like GJ, an atypical manager, a character, not the usual smooth polished bland identikit type

it's really good to see the calibre of names being bandied around for the position of manager of BCFC, I wonder if our position as a championship club with an excellent chairman has anything to do with that. Would we be getting the same calibre of applicant if we were a 1st division club.

Thanks yet again GJ.

Just out of interest , can anyone remember who were the main candidates for the managers job when we were trying to replace Tinnion?Just interested to see how successful they have been.

Thanks yet again GJ.

Just said the same on another thread. Remember the names linked when Tins went? Shows how far we've come, and regardless of what people think of GJ, he's played a massive part in that.

Having SL and a new ground in the pipeline will help

As long as the new manager has been in Premier league and able to attract Premier / Ex Premier players i'm not too worried who is appointed

we need better players NOT average championship players to go up

Johnson did excellent to get us up and sustain championship football, we wouldn't have gone down had he stayed IMO

Just out of interest , can anyone remember who were the main candidates for the managers job when we were trying to replace Tinnion?Just interested to see how successful they have been.

Lots of people bleating on about Martin Allen, was at Brentford at the time doing well. **** glad we got GJ

it's really good to see the calibre of names being bandied

That is all they are though - names being bandied about. The silly season is already well under way too with the Curbishley house purchases, Clarke visits and Sven sightings. None of it a patch on my day though - I saw Luiz Felipe Scolari looking at his watch and waiting for a lunch date in Browns on Park Street (who I wonder) and I also passed Glenn Hoddle getting out of the First Class section of a London train on Platform 13 at Bristol Temple Meads with another smaller man (his agent?). Later I saw Slaven Bilic buying homeware in House of Fraser (he had bedding so looks like he's staying).

I swear Terry Venables overtook me on the ring road this afternoon in a Renault Megane (a hire car?), no word of a lie but my mate's aunt's boyfriend was in Asda earlier and apparently saw Arrigo Sacchi (wearing a Puma Italy tracksuit) in the breakfast cereals aisle so he's definitely in town, I then saw Phil Brown going into City Centre Sauna this evening, and 100% I saw Guus Hiddink driving the number X73 bus through Brislington. My mate also texted me to say did you see Hiddink on the 73. But most importantly I saw Robbored printing copies of his CV and walking down Raynes Road in a suit.

I reckon it's Robbored. If anyone knows how to put right all of Johnson's mistakes it's him. The others are just wasting their time (apart from Bilic who looks like he got a right bargain on a king size duvet).

That is all they are though - names being bandied about. The silly season is already well under way too with the Curbishley house purchases, Clarke visits and Sven sightings. None of it a patch on my day though - I saw Luiz Felipe Scolari looking at his watch and waiting for a lunch date in Browns on Park Street (who I wonder) and I also passed Glenn Hoddle getting out of the First Class section of a London train on Platform 13 at Bristol Temple Meads with another smaller man (his agent?). Later I saw Slaven Bilic buying homeware in House of Fraser (he had bedding so looks like he's staying).

I swear Terry Venables overtook me on the ring road this afternoon in a Renault Megane (a hire car?), no word of a lie but my mate's aunt's boyfriend was in Asda earlier and apparently saw Arrigo Sacchi (wearing a Puma Italy tracksuit) in the breakfast cereals aisle so he's definitely in town, I then saw Phil Brown going into City Centre Sauna this evening, and 100% I saw Guus Hiddink driving the number X73 bus through Brislington. My mate also texted me to say did you see Hiddink on the 73. But most importantly I saw Robbored printing copies of his CV and walking down Raynes Road in a suit.

I reckon it's Robbored. If anyone knows how to put right all of Johnson's mistakes it's him. The others are just wasting their time (apart from Bilic who looks like he got a right bargain on a king size duvet).

I saw mourinio in my local kebab house, he had a mouth full of chicken shish, so couldn't talk ' does that mean he likes his meat as a bird, which means he wants to manage the robins dunno.gif

Archived