IGNORED

Is It What You Know Or Who You Know?

RedM

Just thinking about ths new Manager thing. Obviously managers often turn to their ex clubs for players to buy or loan. I guess with Gary we were a bit limited on the whole as he was very loyal to yeovil, but he only had experience of them really didn't he. He was said to be mates with Mad Mick of Wolves, but again it's only been recently that he wanted to get some help from him.

So, on the whole would it be better to get a Manager who had 'been around a bit', got a list of contacts, was well known etc.

Easier said than done, I agree. But maybe safer than just scouting on it's own?

Just thinking about ths new Manager thing. Obviously managers often turn to their ex clubs for players to buy or loan. I guess with Gary we were a bit limited on the whole as he was very loyal to yeovil, but he only had experience of them really didn't he. He was said to be mates with Mad Mick of Wolves, but again it's only been recently that he wanted to get some help from him.

So, on the whole would it be better to get a Manager who had 'been around a bit', got a list of contacts, was well known etc.

From what I have figured out in life its not what you know or who you know but what you know about who you know!

We needed one type of manager to get us here, and stabilise here, which we got in GJ. Dont look around you to see whats what. go your own way, and focus everyone on winning, and not worry about those round you

For the next stage a manager with a full contacts book is a must I would say, and good scouts are key now

We needed one type of manager to get us here, and stabilise here, which we got in GJ. Dont look around you to see whats what. go your own way, and focus everyone on winning, and not worry about those round you

For the next stage a manager with a full contacts book is a must I would say, and good scouts are key now

If you think every player we get in is going to be great just because GJ has gone and the in most likelihood of Pete going then you kidding yourself, were probably going to have about the same % rate of failures as we have over the last 4 years. Its the same at every club at this level.

Archived