IGNORED

Message To Mr Lansdown

leylandsroad

Steve, BCFC is clearly funded by YOU. If you didn't want GJ to go you should have come out and publicly supported him. Without you BCFC would be league 1 at best, we all now that.

Forget the internet it is pure poison. I know GJ from the past and when I was a non league manager and he was ay Yeovil. Exactly the same thing happend to me. The chairman bowed to pressure and 3 months later he resigned as well as he regretted his momentary weakness. I hope for BCFC sakes you don't regret this decision, time will tell.

SL stated that the forum didn't make the decision for him but it had an influence.

There's no doubt a combination of many things made him arrive at his decision, primarily results and performances I would hope.

I don't think he was saying the forum had an effect on his decision, but had a negative effect on the club overall, undermining confidence etc, as a consequence had an impact on performances and results.

I think we are in danger of talking up the importance of the forum.

I don't think he was saying the forum had an effect on his decision, but had a negative effect on the club overall, undermining confidence etc, as a consequence had an impact on performances and results.

I think we are in danger of talking up the importance of the forum.

I see what you are saying. But if the forum undermines confidence in the manager/players and therefore has an impact on performances, then it shouldn't be understated.

I've been a member of this forum (or some guise of it) since 2001 and as much as i enjoy it and the members who post on here, i am under no illusion that it represents about 1% of our fanbase.

I'd be devastated if the forum in any way had a direct influence on those running our club.

Lansdown is probabaly aware of the forum, but i suspect he treats it with the pinch of salt it rightly deserves!

Steve, BCFC is clearly funded by YOU. If you didn't want GJ to go you should have come out and publicly supported him. Without you BCFC would be league 1 at best, we all now that.

Forget the internet it is pure poison. I know GJ from the past and when I was a non league manager and he was ay Yeovil. Exactly the same thing happend to me. The chairman bowed to pressure and 3 months later he resigned as well as he regretted his momentary weakness. I hope for BCFC sakes you don't regret this decision, time will tell.

I wouldn't get to carried away by SL's comments, i think he was just trying to convey his feelings about the hysterical few on here who have sought to undermine the manager, some, like Robbored, from day one and how it doesn't help, which is true. However it was obvious that GJ's time was coming to an end and his eventual departure led to him admitting that he felt his time was up himself, so there is no point debating whether SL was right or wrong because they came to a democratic agreement between the two of them for GJ to leave.

Ultimately and as much as it pains me to say it, we are better off without GJ as the players weren't listening and it needed his departure to let the shackles off as it were and we now have a better chance of surviving now i feel.

What we must all do know is look forward and not back as we are, thanks to GJ and Sl, an attractive propostion for a manager with PL experience to take us to the next level. Onwards and upwards........

Not wanting to get too deep, but all players/managers/chairmen surely understand that fans discuss their clubs players/formations/tactics/favouriteplayers/unfavourite(is that a word) players etc at the pub/work etc and constantly say they don't read the papers or listen to radio phone ins or internet forums but they all contribute to these forms of media. Sometimes on the record but usually off the record.

I'm confident SL knows his own mind and made his decision based on what he knows rather than what has been going on on this forum, but I am assuming he made his comments, together with many people on here that vendettas/witch hunts and some of the abuse on here does nothing for the overall well being of the club.

It's ironic that the big clubs all support thier teams and coaches/managers without question but stage protests and campaigns to get their owners out. Perhaps if we started a vendetta against SL we might get Champions league football!

I see what you are saying. But if the forum undermines confidence in the manager/players and therefore has an impact on performances, then it shouldn't be understated.

I find the idea absurd that this forum could effect the performance/mentality or confidence of people who are meant to be Proffesional footballers! These guys earn thousands of pounds a week doing what they love and what they are supposedly good at... If they get put off by ramblings or digs from a few people knocking them on the internet then they should maybe think twice about stepping out onto the pitch in a Bristol City shirt.

Being a working professional actor, I have to be open to all sorts of criticism/slating all the time and especially from the internet where reviews, comments are rife in my industry ready to slag anyone at any time. I simply don't visit the websites where I might stumble across people slagging off my work or my movies etc, and if I do then I will often constructively break it down to see where I can maybe improve etc, but no way would I blame a bad performance on a previous slating or review. And lets face it, football is an entertainment business and footballers are in effect performers who are required to perform week in, week out to the best of their abilities...

I find the idea absurd that this forum could effect the performance/mentality or confidence of people who are meant to be Proffesional footballers! These guys earn thousands of pounds a week doing what they love and what they are supposedly good at... If they get put off by ramblings or digs from a few people knocking them on the internet then they should maybe think twice about stepping out onto the pitch in a Bristol City shirt.

Being a working professional actor, I have to be open to all sorts of criticism/slating all the time and especially from the internet where reviews, comments are rife in my industry ready to slag anyone at any time. I simply don't visit the websites where I might stumble across people slagging off my work or my movies etc, and if I do then I will often constructively break it down to see where I can maybe improve etc, but no way would I blame a bad performance on a previous slating or review. And lets face it, football is an entertainment business and footballers are in effect performers who are required to perform week in, week out to the best of their abilities...

for what it's worth there are a couple of responses to this on Martyn Hocking's thread on the same topic...

Fair point, but do your critics show up when you're at work on set and openly shout abuse at you or groan loudly when you forget a line? Doubt it.

Archived