IGNORED

I Would Of Took That Result

ollywhyte

Good result, but not under the circumstances (leading 2-0 at HT). I dont wanty to point fingers but EVANDER SNO had a very negative effect on the game.

Was he intrested - Nope

Did he look like a ccc player - Nope

Did he do anything - Nope

Hmm, that's rubbish.

His impact was mixed, probably more due to the fact he's been out for a bit.

Claiming he didn't look interested though, is complete tosh.

Good result, but not under the circumstances (leading 2-0 at HT). I dont wanty to point fingers but EVANDER SNO had a very negative effect on the game.

Was he intrested - Nope

Did he look like a ccc player - Nope

Did he do anything - Nope

It was a good game, but I agree reagrds Sno, sloppy mistake from Skuse but apart from that cant complain about our team effort, maynard got goal of the year, whats the chances of todays effprt being another candidate.

It was a good game, but I agree reagrds Sno, sloppy mistake from Skuse but apart from that cant complain about our team effort, maynard got goal of the year, whats the chances of todays effprt being another candidate.

I feel the blame lies with Gerkin there. Being the keeper he can see everything in front of him on the pitch and why he chose to throw that ball when he did is ridiculous. Sno just slowed the tempo of our midfield down, and looked so not bothered out there. He doesn't pass quickly enough and I just dont get the guy at times

Sno deteriorated the longer he was on.

Such a good opportunity for a morale-boosting win. I'm gutted we didn't close the game out but to be fair, given the week we've had, a point against Newcastle is a start.

So many positives in the first half...grrrrrrr!

Hmm, that's rubbish.

His impact was mixed, probably more due to the fact he's been out for a bit.

Claiming he didn't look interested though, is complete tosh.

I gotta tell ya dagest from my position on the laptop, he looked slow, his passing was poor, his tackling (mostly) was non existant, his off the ball play was less then useless and in general was complete and utter tosh... And he nearly got sent off for slapping out, like a spoiled tart

However its all about opinions...In mine he didn't come here for a relegation scrap regrets it like it was the worst decision of his life and wants away faster than Danny Haynes on speed...Dont you think he apears to absoultely hate the pace of the game here?

Sno looked overweight and slow. The Skuse / Gerkin mess up needs real looking at (although it was one in a line of mistakes by Gerkin). Overall though, a draw was fair given NEwcastles dominance in the last 1/2 hour. I have to admit I turned off the tele with 5 minutes to go. I couldn't bear to watch!

I gotta tell ya dagest from my position on the laptop, he looked slow, his passing was poor, his tackling (mostly) was non existant, his off the ball play was less then useless and in general was complete and utter tosh... And he nearly got sent off for slapping out, like a spoiled tart

However its all about opinions...In mine he didn't come here for a relegation scrap regrets it like it was the worst decision of his life and wants away faster than Danny Haynes on speed...Dont you think he apears to absoultely hate the pace of the game here?

100% agree with all of that. Dont want passengers like that in the team, and people who aren't up for a battle

Hard to say really, Gerken made some fine saves but also made the error in conjunction with Skuse which started the slide to the draw. Don't know whether it is a point gained or 2 points lost really, given my misgivings about how we'd do tonight before the game.

Thats the thing popo...Tomorrow we will look at it as a point won...However right now it feels like two points dropped..Mainly Gerkin and Partially Skuse lost concentration and bam we are not good enough to defend a goal lead...Nevertheless Nicky Maynard is still AWESOME and thank the lord he has found some form just when we needed it Barnsley and the Posh to come I'd love 4 points from that.

Onwards and upwards

You've got a fair point about the pace of the game - he always seems detemrined to slow the pace of the game. Is that always a good thing or not? It's about opinions as you say.

I certainly aint saying he had a great game, but I think claiming he wasn't interested is harsh. Put it this way I recall him being a presence in both penalty areas. He had a decent shot at the beginning of the second and almost put ball through for Haynes to score. Defensively, I recall him putting in a good block tackle in the lb position and absolutely hoofing it clear (when needed) near the end.

On the basis of this game he did less wrong than Skuse didn't he? Sno would have been murdered on here if he'd done what Skuse did.

Mind you, our problems appeared to stem form MacAllister going off and us not having a single defender on the bench. The old (1 left back in the club) came back to haunt us again.

You've got a fair point about the pace of the game - he always seems detemrined to slow the pace of the game. Is that always a good thing or not? It's about opinions as you say.

I certainly aint saying he had a great game, but I think claiming he wasn't interested is harsh. Put it this way I recall him being a presence in both penalty areas. He had a decent shot at the beginning of the second and almost put ball through for Haynes to score. Defensively, I recall him putting in a good block tackle in the lb position and absolutely hoofing it clear (when needed) near the end.

On the basis of this game he did less wrong than Skuse didn't he? Sno would have been murdered on here if he'd done what Skuse did.

Mind you, our problems appeared to stem form MacAllister going off and us not having a single defender on the bench. The old (1 left back in the club) came back to haunt us again.

Yes. I definately agree about the bench...Its funny really we all see different things in different players and all I see in Sno is a one paced bit part who looked good playing for Ajax but adds nothing to a team in the CCC...You are right about the one side foot shot/passback and a hoof at the end, but we really needed more than that from him (a player with Dutch international pretentions).

Skuse I thought continues to do well is strong in the tackle and I predict will attract attention in the summer...the goal however did him no favours as he was caught dreaming by an appauling throw by Gerkin...Anyway I have calmed down now Tuesday is now a huge huge game for us... have a good evening Dagest...We have proved two people can disagree on here without name calling and i have read a lot of that today

Yes. I definately agree about the bench...Its funny really we all see different things in different players and all I see in Sno is a one paced bit part who looked good playing for Ajax but adds nothing to a team in the CCC...You are right about the one side foot shot/passback and a hoof at the end, but we really needed more than that from him (a player with Dutch international pretentions).

Skuse I thought continues to do well is strong in the tackle and I predict will attract attention in the summer...the goal however did him no favours as he was caught dreaming by an appauling throw by Gerkin...Anyway I have calmed down now Tuesday is now a huge huge game for us... have a good evening Dagest...We have proved two people can disagree on here without name calling and i have read a lot of that today

We must be setting new standards in civility. Actually, I was quite pleased with Sno stinging side-foot effort - usually he seems to smash it as hard as he can with usual result being the back of the East End.

Good evening to you too Redoxo.

Walked out of the ground chatting to a few Newcastle lads, their view was that they were more than happy with a point especially after their first half showing which they rated as one of their worst of the season OR was it that they were only as good as we let them play? Also they were happy that they went away from Ashton with at least one point more than West Brom plus they think that BCFC are now going to be the only side that they will not beat at least once this season????????

On a positive note it was good to see the boys in red back to playing at a much higher tempo especially in the first half where I personally thought that Christian Ribiero handled Andy Carroll very well albeit it appeared he was being "coached" through the game by Louis. I personally thought that Brad looked a lot happier and more confident especially going forward knowing that he had a lot more insurance behind him, until Jamie Mac had to go off and we were forced to reorganise.

As for their first goal it was difficult to see exactly who was to blame (either Gerken or Skusy) from where I was sat but one must question the goalkeepers thinking when he has a clear view of the players in front of him? As for Sno he looked a million miles away from being match fit in fact with hindsight (which IS the most exacting of sciences) we would have probably been better bringing Johnson junior on instead of?

I liked Millens suit? Had he just come back from a wedding and obviously Gabby took the famous clipboard with him when he cleared his office?

Overall I would sum up in one word - Frustrating? But a point is a point and I would have settled for same at 17:00. I (and the Newcastle fans) dont think that they would have got back into it if Gerken had not decided to play charity worker but then again despite massive pressure we didnt concede in added on time which must be some sort of bonus.

PS - One very final footnote, just WHY do the Football League keep giving "high profile" championship games to Andy D'urso? He got sacked from the Premier list and quite clearly is CRAP, END OF. Did anyone else notice that when Newcastle got a free kick they could take it WHEREVER and whether the ball was MOVING or not, yet as for us, oh no, the free kick had to be taken on the exact blade of grass that the misdemeanour was originally committed. HOPEFULLY WE HAVE SEEN THE LAST OF BOTH MESSRS. KETTLE (TUESDAY NIGHT) AND D'URSO FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON - BOTH TOTAL CLOWNS AND A DISGRACE TO REFEREES.

Definately two points dropped, but saying that I thought that Newcastle overall were the better team. Probably a fair result to be honest.

Happy with the result? Definately.

Yeah but we were 2-0 up sitting pretty until Gerken loses the plot.

they think that BCFC are now going to be the only side that they will not beat at least once this season????????

We drew twice with West Brom too.

Watched the game on TV and thought a typical game of two halves. Thought we would win at the start but fair play, you took your chances well and we went in deservedly two down. Great comeback though and I would blame your defender for the first - should pay attention all the time with the ball in play. Though Best won it for us but cracking save by the keeper. Final note goes to Sno - should of gone for that elbow.

Overall, I am delighted with a draw after the first half dispay. Another 15 and up we go! No way will you go down - there are some teams higher up than you who are nowhere near as good.

All the best.

Edit to add - cracking goal by Maynard.

Yeah but we were 2-0 up sitting pretty until Gerken loses the plot.

Hence the reason I said two points dropped.....

Also a bit unfair to lay all the blame at DG's feet for the first goal. Yes he would have had a view of the overall picture, but as a goalkeeper myself you'd hope that it was ok when he threw it out. Plus Skuse did dally on it and give it away at the end of the day. I think both are equally to blame as the other.

Archived