IGNORED

Different Team When Burnell Came On

XBOXMAN69

I thought we looked very solid until Doherty came off for Burnell. I really dont think he is any good at all, i know alot of people say that in this forum and I'm the last to bemoan any of our players, but he just doesnt make the cut the postion DW plays him. I really hope to god that doherty is fit 4 wednesday, if he is then i'll see u all in cardiff at the end of the month!

Thought Phillips was fantastic tonight, cant really blame him as without him we would had lost I'm sure

That would have been fun wouldn't it, replace a tough midfielder with the most lightweight one we have had for the best part of 5 years. if not longer.

Our midfield would have got absolutely destroyed if wilks had come on instead of Burnell.

That would have been fun wouldn't it, replace a tough midfielder with the most lightweight one we have had for the best part of 5 years. if not longer.

Our midfield would have got absolutely destroyed if wilks had come on instead of Burnell.

very correct mate. Burnell, even though he isn't as good going forward as Doherty, you can guarentee he is going to get stuck in , and for the tempo of the game, was the next best replacement for Docs.

Burnell, I think doesnt play as well if he isn't along side Docs but thats a different point. We need Docs and Tinnion in the middle now.

Roll on wednesday and up the city!

very correct mate. Burnell, even though he isn't as good going forward as Doherty, you can guarentee he is going to get stuck in , and for the tempo of the game, was the next best replacement for Docs.

Burnell, I think doesnt play as well if he isn't along side Docs but thats a different point. We need Docs and Tinnion in the middle now.

Roll on wednesday and up the city!

Just to pick up, i think Burnell plays better when he isn't alongside the Doc, when he has had the chance to play without Doc he has in general been very good in Doc's abscence. Plymouth away and others proove that as far as i can see.

Maybe, but with the Doherty and Burnell partnership of last year, when that was a consistent centre midfield, with two wingers we did look very good. Yes, we are different this year, but for no fault of Burnells.

Lets have Murray and Rougier on the wings!!!

Guest bristolbred
true.. but the more i watch peacock the more he would make a

cracking midfielder, he spent most of the game there and made

the goal that he should be heading in :D

:D I was thinking that earlier!!.

Leapy seems to be happier running around the middle of the park, i guess it's because he does not ruin his hairdo!!. :whistle:

:wacko:

I thought Doherty was immense, and we badly missed him when he went off.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Burnell came into the reckoning so quickly when he hasn't really been able to get in the side in the 2nd half of the season.

I thought it toook him too long to get up to the pace of the game and even then, he was anonynous most of the time. A poor substitution in my opinion - should've been Wilkshire.

I thought we didn't play well at all and seemed off the pace, allowing Hartlepool too come at us - the ball bypassed midfield far too much throughout the game and we did not give Peacock Rougier and Roberts much to work with. The defence defended well but too often hoofed it. That said to get a draw when not playing well was a good result and I think we will see a differnet City of Wednesday night!!!

Burnell did OK coming on at a difficult time and was certainly a better option than Wilkshire at that stage. Personally would have taken Roberts off and put Rougier alongside Peacock when Murray came on.

Our midfield did get destroyed with Burnell there. We couldn't keep the ball, and gave it away too much.

Guest seaCider_red

IF TOMMY IS NOT FIT ON WEDNESDAY DARREN CASKEY MUST PLAY .DANNY YOU MUST USES HIM.IT NEEDED SOMEONE TO PUT THERE FOOT ON THE BALL WHEN TOMMY WENT OFF CAUSE ALL WE DID IS HIT IT LONG AND CASKEY IS GOOD AT THAT.

IF TOMMY IS NOT FIT ON  WEDNESDAY  DARREN CASKEY MUST PLAY  .DANNY YOU MUST USES HIM.IT NEEDED SOMEONE TO PUT THERE FOOT ON THE BALL WHEN TOMMY WENT OFF CAUSE ALL WE DID IS HIT IT LONG AND CASKEY IS GOOD AT THAT.

it looks crazy on paper but the more i look at it..

peacock is looking more comfortable play making and tracking

back and is big and strong and can hold the ballup well, his work rate

and play is more of a midfielder, i'd keep peacock and give him a new

deal... i remember a winger called keith curle who was crap untill

cooper gave him a shot at center half, we all thought he was crazy

but it worked.

team based on the doc being injured.

...phillips...

...carey....coles....butler.....hill...

...murray......tinnion......peacock....rouger....

..........miller..........roberts......

Archived