IGNORED

Jonas Guittierez

Southport Red

I know that we are not allowed to say anything nice about Newcastle without being accused of hero worship or starting a 'love-in' but I just wanted to say that Guitterez was fabulous on Saturday. The way that guy can 'manufacture' space is something to watch. I was getting frustrated that we were not picking him up and that every time he received the ball (which was often as he was running things) he was in acres of space, I said to my mate "Why are we not marking that guy, no one is closing him down" my mate (whoc is clearly wiser than me) replied with a simple "Easier said than done mate".

This is the kind of quality I would love to see in the Red & White - gotta say fair play to the bloke too, apparently Maradonna told him to leave Newcastle when they got relegated 'cos he wouldn't play International football but he stayed put and looks world class in this division. I know he went to ground a lot but by no means all of them were dives, defenders simply do not know what he is going to do and end up guessing wrong and fouling him. I'm not a neutral and so I wish he hadn't played as most good things Newcastle did went through him at some point but, that aside, it was almost a privelidge to watch that performance.

Sign for the Reds Jonas, imagine what he could be like if he was powered by 'Natch.

I know that we are not allowed to say anything nice about Newcastle without being accused of hero worship or starting a 'love-in' but I just wanted to say that Guitterez was fabulous on Saturday. The way that guy can 'manufacture' space is something to watch. I was getting frustrated that we were not picking him up and that every time he received the ball (which was often as he was running things) he was in acres of space, I said to my mate "Why are we not marking that guy, no one is closing him down" my mate (whoc is clearly wiser than me) replied with a simple "Easier said than done mate".

This is the kind of quality I would love to see in the Red & White - gotta say fair play to the bloke too, apparently Maradonna told him to leave Newcastle when they got relegated 'cos he wouldn't play International football but he stayed put and looks world class in this division. I know he went to ground a lot but by no means all of them were dives, defenders simply do not know what he is going to do and end up guessing wrong and fouling him. I'm not a neutral and so I wish he hadn't played as most good things Newcastle did went through him at some point but, that aside, it was almost a privelidge to watch that performance.

Sign for the Reds Jonas, imagine what he could be like if he was powered by 'Natch.

A bit theatrical when going down though.

Great shout he was fantastic in the second half when he had space, had we not had the enforced change at half time, it may have just been more of the same, dive, dive, dive and well dive.

On the otherhand, did anyone know that Nolan was playing, our midfield lads didn't give him a sniff, one header where someone in the box left him unmarked was his biggest contribution!

Have to agree - class player, but have to ask - 40k per week better? If he is the main nreason they get promoted than probably is worth it!

Interesting comparison though - some fans regard Hartley and Sno as class, I think there is quite a difference in class.

Great shout he was fantastic in the second half when he had space, had we not had the enforced change at half time, it may have just been more of the same, dive, dive, dive and well dive.

On the otherhand, did anyone know that Nolan was playing, our midfield lads didn't give him a sniff, one header where someone in the box left him unmarked was his biggest contribution!

That was bascially my first thought after the game, consdiering the amount of goals hes scored this season and the performances hes put in when i've seen him on other televised games you have to say we handled him very well, good work lads...

As for JG, he is a class act but like many good players hes too quick to go down when under any kind of pressure, I suppose you could say he wins a lot of free kicks for his team and always looks dangerous when running with the ball but reckon he would be even more effective if he stayed on his feet, hes hardly the same build as LJ afterall so pretty sure he could if he had the inclination to do so.

He was very good, looked a different class to the rest of the players on the pitch. However, it was staggering (and in the end somewhat embarrasing) the number of times and the manner by which he went to ground. He had the beating of pretty much everybody down the right hand side, but he constantly tried to 'engineer' free kicks rather than running past defenders and putting in crosses and shots. Still, wouldn't be complaining if he were playing for us though!!!

Did absolutely nothing in the first half, Apart from diving at every opportunity, in fact I cannot recall ever hearing 2 commentators actually question the referee virtually every time he went down, on that basis may have lucky to have stayed on the pitch. Only after his goal did the diving stop and we saw a glimpse of his actual capabilities. But lets call a cheat a cheat and he was certainly a cheat, Protected by an inept referee, Who even managed to get the Sno incident wrong.

I thought the left back Enrique was awesome. Every time someone tried to take it anyway near he just took the ball off them and came forward. We got nothing out of him all night. Definately one of, if not the best defensive players I've watched at the gate.

Couldn't agree more mate, the guy oozed class.

He was amazing however thats the sort of player we simply cant afford :( and have to manufacture from our youth system somehow :)

Archived