IGNORED

Can I ?

Frome Red

One of my son's has today come down with a sick bug so won't be coming tomorrow would i be able to take my father in on my son's u16 season ticket ? rather than just wasting it for the match and having another empty seat in the ground , Can they tell behind the turnstile what s/t it is ? It's in the Dolman if that helps

The thing will flash yellow which means concession, you should be fine.

I've taken my younger brother on an OAP ticket before because he can just about pass for student age.

Worst case, pay the difference if there is one at the ticket office.

The thing will flash yellow which means concession, you should be fine.

I've taken my younger brother on an OAP ticket before because he can just about pass for student age.

Worst case, pay the difference if there is one at the ticket office.

Should be ok then seen as he's a oap

Would be nearly paying full price if I have to pay the diffrence seen as they are doing kid for quid.

My friend got stopped at the WBA game trying to use my girlfriends adult season ticket to get in as she could not go... They asked him if that was his name (obviously was not) and he tried to get out of it by saying it was his girlfriends ticket and he picked up the wrong one, but no joy... That said, it was for the EE where they check your ticket before you go in.

Oh well...

Eastend have really been checking names lately and my Mrs wasnt allowed in on my mates card who was unable to go, bit wrong really as the seat has been paid for.

Can understand if your trying to get an adult in on a concession card but an adult for an adult one??

Eastend have really been checking names lately and my Mrs wasnt allowed in on my mates card who was unable to go, bit wrong really as the seat has been paid for.

Can understand if your trying to get an adult in on a concession card but an adult for an adult one??

Same problem mate, as i said above. A shame and morally wrong in my opinion, but legally the club do specify it in the T's and C's so we cannot complain.

My friend got stopped at the WBA game trying to use my girlfriends adult season ticket to get in as she could not go... They asked him if that was his name (obviously was not) and he tried to get out of it by saying it was his girlfriends ticket and he picked up the wrong one, but no joy... That said, it was for the EE where they check your ticket before you go in.

Oh well...

I'm not sure what these actions actually achieve. Alienates fans even more when there really is no need.

EDIT: I've now sent an email to the ticket office to find out a bit more info. If necessary I'll pick up with DaveL for further clarification.

I'm raising the issue as I primarily use my 'spare' adult ticket so that I can get some help with looking after my son. He's not in need of a wheelchair ticket but walking is very difficult for him so I often need to get anyone I can to come along to help out. I'm genuinely worried this more hard-line approach will stop me/my son from coming along.

I've never had a problem though.

Jayne from the ticket office kindly phoned me in response to my email (thanks Jayne!). I'll paraphrase what she said though I won't do into great detail.

It seems there have been a great number of issues with people trying to buy up Wedlock cards (especially this stand) with ficticious details of people that don't actually exist - for reasons of not wanting to be traced etc. Partly for that reason, anyone who turns up with a card for someone that clearly isn't them is causing concern. There are even people from other stands trying to get into the EE with cards from other parts of the ground!

I can see whay they wish to carry out these checks.

She highlighted that the terms of the card use do state that it may not be transferred, though she did indicate there was some flexibility if required.

With regards to my own situation, if I needed to take someone else along I could arrange for a match ticket to be printed in advance of the game for use by someone else on my wife's card AT NO CHARGE.

If you also need to do this I would suggest calling the ticket office in advance.

Hope this helps.

Jayne from the ticket office kindly phoned me in response to my email (thanks Jayne!). I'll paraphrase what she said though I won't do into great detail.

It seems there have been a great number of issues with people trying to buy up Wedlock cards (especially this stand) with ficticious details of people that don't actually exist - for reasons of not wanting to be traced etc. Partly for that reason, anyone who turns up with a card for someone that clearly isn't them is causing concern. There are even people from other stands trying to get into the EE with cards from other parts of the ground!

She highlighted that the terms of the card use do state that it may not be transferred, though she did indicate there was some flexibility if required.

With regards to my own situation, if I needed to take someone else along I could arrange for a match ticket to be printed in advance of the game for use by someone else on my wife's card AT NO CHARGE.

If you also need to do this I would suggest calling the ticket office in advance.

Hope this helps.

In regards to that, if its pay on the day in the east end as "overflow" what is stopping someone giving duff information if they ask. Or just paying cash with no record of who bought the ticket?

In regards to that, if its pay on the day in the east end as "overflow" what is stopping someone giving duff information if they ask. Or just paying cash with no record of who bought the ticket?

I see your point. But the question remains why would someone use false details to buy multiple cards?

Hope this helps.

Cheers for the info. In your case I think it is only right the club make an exception to the rule. Fair play to them. If they will do the same for me is another question.

I have spoken with Jayne on other issues before and she is without doubt a credit to the club. Seen the ticket office get a lot of bad press on here down the years, but she has excellent customer service and uses common sense! If anyone has any problems with the ticket office, ask to speak to her!!

I do understand the club had issues in the EE in the past and will probably say that is the reason for being strict. And I understand the reasons you list above.

My problem is my girlfriend only attends about 40-50% of games. It is only her and I that go, and I don't really enjoy going on my own so much, so in the past have used her ticket as a "spare" for friends who would not normally go ****il the incident where my friend got refused a few weeks ago). For example, she is working tonight so I have to go on my own. I don't even have the option of letting a friend buy a ticket as the EE is only for overflow!

I must be honest now, in saying it is effecting my decision on if I renew the season tickets or not (as I pay for both!!!). I don't want to waste money and go on my own so much.

Cheers for the info. In your case I think it is only right the club make an exception to the rule. Fair play to them. If they will do the same for me is another question.

I have spoken with Jayne on other issues before and she is without doubt a credit to the club. Seen the ticket office get a lot of bad press on here down the years, but she has excellent customer service and uses common sense! If anyone has any problems with the ticket office, ask to speak to her!!

I do understand the club had issues in the EE in the past and will probably say that is the reason for being strict. And I understand the reasons you list above.

My problem is my girlfriend only attends about 40-50% of games. It is only her and I that go, and I don't really enjoy going on my own so much, so in the past have used her ticket as a "spare" for friends who would not normally go ****il the incident where my friend got refused a few weeks ago). For example, she is working tonight so I have to go on my own. I don't even have the option of letting a friend buy a ticket as the EE is only for overflow!

I must be honest now, in saying it is effecting my decision on if I renew the season tickets or not (as I pay for both!!!). I don't want to waste money and go on my own so much.

I'd encourage you to phone the ticket office. Tell them your girlfriend can't go and you want to use your ticket for a friend. I think it will be fine.

I've flagged the issue to David Lloyd via email so he's aware that its starting to affect fans on the gate and that its being discussed here.

I haven't asked him to respond as such though David has the link to this thread so I guess he might respond if he feels he can add anything to what's already been said.

Obviously fans have always shared season tickets (I've even used players tickets in the Williams in the past) so some formal clarification from the club might be useful (though this is likely to contradict the terms of card use if its positive).

If they are to come out saying there must be no 'lending' of cards then this IS likely to affect sales as has been hinted above.

I've paid the £5 and will be moving to the Ayteo tonight as I'm taking my son to his first game. As they have cancelled my EE St for this game it's a shame they can't re-sell it on a first come basis.

btw, does anyone know if the club do anything for children attending there first game? someone told me they get a cap of SL.

Archived