IGNORED

Ribs And Hartley

City_pete1

Obviously the strikers will take the headlines after good scoring performances, but I thought these two had great games.

If Ribs can keep up those sort of performances it wont be long before bigger teams come and look at him as an up and coming talent! Early days though, we should not expect too much I guess. But fair play to the kid.

Hartley showed true class in patches and was a real driving force.

Obviously the strikers will take the headlines after good scoring performances, but I thought these two had great games.

If Ribs can keep up those sort of performances it wont be long before bigger teams come and look at him as an up and coming talent! Early days though, we should not expect too much I guess. But fair play to the kid.

Hartley showed true class in patches and was a real driving force.

Ribs was fantastic, i think we have found our new right back for a long time to come. Hartley for me was all he really can be tonight, was always giving instructions, leading the team, desire and heart and looked a class act. Well done boys great result, lets look forward to the good times ahead

Ribs was our MOM for me

Perhaps now others can see why Toshack was comfortable to call him into the senior squad as cover.

If he keeps up this level of performance and keeps injury free he has a great future and a Senior Welsh cap wont be far off the horizon.

Early days but he seems a sensible lad.

I thought Hartley was also terrific and Orr seems to be playing with much more composure with someone behind him.

Good on the boys.

Hope this post comes through typing on me blackberry at Michelwood....

Pies here are crap but having a bit of banter with a coupke of Tykettes...better clear off now before their boyfriends come back from the toilets.

and Orr seems to be playing with much more composure with someone behind him.

Orr was brilliant, defending when he needed to, carrying the ball forward, interplay passes, get near the byline then cross the ball......but then............. where's it gone? ...................

.....................Oh ****! Sit down again Drew, excitements over :(

At the end of the day they ALL played well - City at their real best.

Haynes and Maynard ran the Barnsley defence ragged. Mav ran his heart out despite an injury which I thought that would end his evening even before half time. Brad was enjoying acres of space on the right and his crosses were telling.

But yes I agree the two stand outs were Ribs and Paul Hartley. Ribs confidence is growing by the minute. Confident on the ball and his pass across field to Skusy (who incidentally did nothing wrong) for Nicky Maynards second goal was "laser" accurate. As for Paul Hartley, he was always available and then played the simple ball.

All this against a Barnsley team who fair play were still trying to play the ball around even in injury time?

All in all a very good evening which makes the accompanying Westons go down even smoother.

UPWARDS AND ONWARDS

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Ribs / Hartley and Ribs / Orr looked great partnerships tonight, at least during the fun of the second half. As Ribs' confidence grew he seemed to look for Hartley at every opportunity while Orr had a good second half playing virtually as a winger - you could see him and Ribs being quite a formidable force down that right in time.

Brad was enjoying acres of space on the right and his crosses were telling.

I think they might have been telling you and me different things. As you say acres of space - and Orr does bloody well to find it, but that final ball is so frustrating for 80% of the time. Sometimes they are spot on though, so come on Bradders, keep practising!

Orr was brilliant, defending when he needed to, carrying the ball forward, interplay passes, get near the byline then cross the ball......but then............. where's it gone? ...................

.....................Oh ****! Sit down again Drew, excitements over sad.gif

You missed Orr's constant superlative passes? Long and short. His set up for Maynard's goal? And still not enough excitement for you. disapointed2se.gif

ribs looks so comfortable on the ball and makes everything look simple even under pressure ! he was by a mile my man of the match tonight, I cant see him being out of the starting 11 from now on the only bad thing about that is it wont take long for one of the big Premier League teams to come in for him !

You missed Orr's constant superlative passes? Long and short. His set up for Maynard's goal? And still not enough excitement for you. disapointed2se.gif

I missed his constant superlative passes, yes.

I saw the odd good one as I did in the Newcastle game. I saw alot more which weren't, which was very frustrating as his ability to get into the right position was great.

Archived