IGNORED

Tonights Officials

cityhead

Could somebody with an referees qualification/experience please explain to me why the ref and linemen could wear the same colour shorts and socks as our opponents tonight, this must have made it very difficult at times for players to pick out a pass.

Also, their keeper had the same colour shorts and socks as our team.

I always thought the guideline was that there had to be a contrast in colour on both teams.

Could somebody with an referees qualification/experience please explain to me why the ref and linemen could wear the same colour shorts and socks as our opponents tonight, this must have made it very difficult at times for players to pick out a pass.

Also, their keeper had the same colour shorts and socks as our team.

I always thought the guideline was that there had to be a contrast in colour on both teams.

I noticed the same as I am a ex Conferance league lino. The guide lines say that the goalkeeper should have a differant kit from all outfield players and the other keeper. I can only assume that the away keeper did not have a change but then maybe Girken should have changed but that is down to the referee. Regarding the referee's kit the standard kit is black shorts and socks, and they only would change there top as really they should be in black and all clubs were told that black is not acceptable for an away kit, but the football league clubs did noy listen including us!! Hope that has cleared up for you.

I noticed the same as I am a ex Conferance league lino. The guide lines say that the goalkeeper should have a differant kit from all outfield players and the other keeper. I can only assume that the away keeper did not have a change but then maybe Girken should have changed but that is down to the referee. Regarding the referee's kit the standard kit is black shorts and socks, and they only would change there top as really they should be in black and all clubs were told that black is not acceptable for an away kit, but the football league clubs did noy listen including us!! Hope that has cleared up for you.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I know it's only a minor issue, but it's the small things that annoy most, as my wife keeps telling me!

I think the sweaty socks have the right idea - officials in day glow yellow, no confusion then.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I know it's only a minor issue, but it's the small things that annoy most, as my wife keeps telling me!

I think the sweaty socks have the right idea - officials in day glow yellow, no confusion then.

No way would i have been seen in that gay yellow!! Have you seen the very gay pink that refs have worn this year. Very wrong protest.gif

Archived