IGNORED

Having Slept On It-yesterday's Match

Redtrojan

Still very dissappointed.We got off to a terrific start against the run of play,then Roberts chance from a hoofed clearance showed how vunerable Hartlepool were to a it of pace.But did we push home our advantage.No ,we had pace galore on the bench but chose to shut up shot.Defending for the best part of 80 mins you are always likely to concede,and we did.Now i've read all the usual suspects trying to tell me what a great result a draw is,and it certainly isn't the end of the world-we still should progress on weds night.But that game is now a one off cup final with the winner taking all,if we don't score early the pressure will build as the players sense the frustration in the crowd,Hartlepool are very capable up front and well you can see what may happen.If we'd pressed home our advantage yesterday,played both Murray and Rougier from the start i think we would have terrified them to death,they were at home so would have to attack,leaving loads of space upfront for our pace to exploit.I think we could have taken a couple of goals advantage into the home leg.Still not to be,but Hartlepool are definately not out of it,as i said up top-it is now a one off cup final-anything can happen,lets hope home advantage is a help not a hinderance.Looking forward to it,but very nervous.

Archived