IGNORED

8th Place Should Be The Target

Martyn Hocking

We're 10 points off 6th place which is clearly a bridge too far, but only 5 points off Blackpool in 7th.

That gap is not insurmountable. Reading are going like a train so will finish above us.

That makes 8th place our most realistic target IMO.

Not what any of us were hoping for in August, but an improvement on last term if we can achieve it and a decent platform on which to build.

A strong finish this term would also send all the players and staff off in the right frame of mind for the summer.

Still plenty to play for, starting with 3 points on Saturday please!

We're 10 points off 6th place which is clearly a bridge too far, but only 5 points off Blackpool in 7th.

That gap is not insurmountable. Reading are going like a train so will finish above us.

That makes 8th place our most realistic target IMO.

Not what any of us were hoping for in August, but an improvement on last term if we can achieve it and a decent platform on which to build.

A strong finish this term would also send all the players and staff off in the right frame of mind for the summer.

Still plenty to play for, starting with 3 points on Saturday please!

Or even 7th place,and hope Baadiff get 10 point penalty for administration whistle.gif

tbph, survival + manager in place + lively, exciting transfer period over the summer (while engerland win world cup) would do me

For me, anything in the top half would be good enough after the season we have had. I think 10th would be a realistic target.

Even the most optomistic of fans would have to agree play offs are unrealistic. Even if we managed to put a decent run together I think there are a couple of other teams putting good runs together too that would pip us even if we came close. Reading could be making a late push which for them would be a remarkable achievement and I would take my hat off to them if they made it. Blackpool I think are in the best position to make the play off push but they are blowing hot and cold at the moment. I think anyone in 12th upwards are in with a shout - and sadly, we are 13th at the moment - which just edges us out!

But it looks like Cardiff might be cocking it up at the tail end of the season once again, which always puts a smile on my face. So for us to finish top half, Cardiff to miss out and Forest to blow it too would make the season a little better for me!

Archived