IGNORED

Funny Old Game

BournemouthRed

After Tuesday night we have the worst home defence in the Championship, with 32 conceded, but only two teams - Newcastle and Sheff United - have lost fewer games at home than us.

/lesson ends

Our problem this season has been all the draws. Im sure I read somewhere that if we had won 50% of those draws then we would be up in the top 4.

I think Ipswich have about the same record as us when it comes to draws (thats just guessing without consulting the table but Im pretty sure its similar) and they too would be at the right end of the table if they had turned some of those draws into wins.

After Tuesday night we have the worst home defence in the Championship, with 32 conceded, but only two teams - Newcastle and Sheff United - have lost fewer games at home than us.

/lesson ends

Yes, interesting stats.

What was very interesting, and quite worrying at the same time, was this quote from KM on the BBC website after the last game:

"I am not thinking beyond the next game and have not yet spoken to the chairman about my own future. "It was a tremendous effort by the lads... our strikers worked their socks off and we always looked a threat.

"We again looked too open defensively and that may be something we have to put up with until the end of the season."

Now, this last line in particular had me panicking slightly. "Put up with"?!

Does not the fact that we have conceded 32 goals in the last 17 matches me maybe it's something we ought to work on now...!?

Has Keith not heard of training?

Oh well, the only thing I can think of is that he's planning to "attack, attack, attack" for the last 7 games and our matches are going to resemble something akin to Newcastle circa the Kevin Keegan mid-90s coming.

Could be fun.

Yes, interesting stats.

What was very interesting, and quite worrying at the same time, was this quote from KM on the BBC website after the last game:

"I am not thinking beyond the next game and have not yet spoken to the chairman about my own future. "It was a tremendous effort by the lads... our strikers worked their socks off and we always looked a threat.

"We again looked too open defensively and that may be something we have to put up with until the end of the season."

Now, this last line in particular had me panicking slightly. "Put up with"?!

Does not the fact that we have conceded 32 goals in the last 17 matches me maybe it's something we ought to work on now...!?

Has Keith not heard of training?

Oh well, the only thing I can think of is that he's planning to "attack, attack, attack" for the last 7 games and our matches are going to resemble something akin to Newcastle circa the Kevin Keegan mid-90s coming.

Could be fun.

I suspect it's a combination of wanting to attack to get the points we need to stay up so accepting we will concede goals and an acknowledgment that we need to strengthen our defence (which he is not in a position to do). Referring also to our injuries to defenders perhaps. Refreshingly honest of him.

Archived