IGNORED

City On Dab Radio ?

Frome Red

As BBC Radio Bristol have decided to stop Broadcasting City matches via Virgin media radio I have purchased a DAB Radio Can some one tell me If I should be able to receive BBC Radio Bristol via DAB signal in Frome as the fm signal is crap ? I have done a auto tune and can't find it. I'm new to DAB Radio so any help please !

As BBC Radio Bristol have decided to stop Broadcasting City matches via Virgin media radio I have purchased a DAB Radio Can some one tell me If I should be able to receive BBC Radio Bristol via DAB signal in Frome as the fm signal is crap ? I have done a auto tune and can't find it. I'm new to DAB Radio so any help please !

I live, as is obvious, close to Wells. I can get Radio Somerset but not Radio Bristol on FM. I bought a DAB Radio mistakenly believing I could pick up Radio Bristol but I can't. Radio Somerset go for the Yeovil matches so I have to be lucky to get the City matches live because the am frequencies are flakey.

The idiot who decided to create two stations from Radio Bristol and Radio Somerset from the previous joint station needs to be shot. In Wells many people are culturaly far closer to Bristol than Yeovil or Taunton.

The cruellest cut of all is that I can get Radio Somerset in Bristol!

Not all areas can pick up a DAB signal. Use this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/ and on the right hand side you can type in your postcode, make sure you typed it in the DAB radio box and not tv and it'l tell you if you can pick up a DAB signal.Sometimes it may say you can but as it obviously can't pinpoint your house, etc you may have to find a strong signal area within your house..(could be a long afternoon sat in some inconvenient room like the bog)....sometime you may even need an aerial extension which is what I have if signal coverage is patchy and that cost about £80 for someone to come in and do. Hope that helps.

Archived