IGNORED

Earth Hour Closing In..

bristolcitysweden

I put my faith in Peak Oil and simple economics.

Peak Oil means the end of cheap energy and, due to extensive oil use in agriculture, the end of cheap food. If petrol / gas / electricity / food cost more then people use less. And as anyone with a car will know it's already happening.

Simples. :colder:

My daughter will turn the computer off and with a glass of red wine in the darkness I will save you a pray snack.gif

See you later praying%20smiley.gif

ALWAYS BELIEVE

Dinna worry mucker, will whack on the hifi, blast out some G n Fn R, kick back put the light show on and party :drunk2:

Peak Oil means the end of cheap energy and, due to extensive oil use in agriculture, the end of cheap food. If petrol / gas / electricity / food cost more then people use less. And as anyone with a car will know it's already happening.

Anyone who realy had that kind of opinion should be killed.

That really is very simple economics eddie. Of course, that presumes (as all good neo-conservatives do) that economic markets are left to behave naturally, where of course by their very nature as forums for the generation of wealth, they are not. OPEC and the big oil companies will balance the price of crude oil to maintain their profit margins. As rising cost affects demand, the price will be adjusted to increase sales. That's simple economics, although its got nothing to do with global warming. Google the kroll-milankovich theory if you want to find out about that, 2 interesting blokes too

That really is very simple economics eddie. Of course, that presumes (as all good neo-conservatives do) that economic markets are left to behave naturally, where of course by their very nature as forums for the generation of wealth, they are not. OPEC and the big oil companies will balance the price of crude oil to maintain their profit margins. As rising cost affects demand, the price will be adjusted to increase sales. That's simple economics, although its got nothing to do with global warming. Google the kroll-milankovich theory if you want to find out about that, 2 interesting blokes too

It's that sort of board chip, there's no point in being sophisticated when you have dipshits like Worcester Red bumbling about.

I am on another board that does discuss these things in detail so will follow up that steer (the refeence is new to me) for a discussion there.

Don't even need to be an economist. About 6 billion more people on the planet than it can sustain. Until the politicians and religious fanatics wake up to these facts we will continue to fight wars over scarce resources and cause unimaginable suffering on animals through 'industrial' farming... and back to more important matters, Dave Jones will be our new manager.

Oh well, too late now the Earth is doomed then?

Hmmm, Is it just me who thinks this is just some pointless symbolic gesture dreamt up by some bored do gooders?

OK you can argue it raises 'awareness' but come one, unless you've been living in a Belgians cellar you will NOT have escaped all the global warming lectures and guilt trips coupled with every dam company trying to fob us off pretending they care about "green issues" all of a sudden....... now its profitable to do so, piss off you gypo's, you think I was born yesterday?

Any fool can see the world can't sustain us all, if you really think Oil is the biggest problem wait until you cant eat or drink then you will know Anarcy. So people who chant this awarness crap can jog on and do something about the problem, not procrastinate about it with retarded shit like this, ***ing Earth hour my ass.

Hmmm, Is it just me who thinks this is just some pointless symbolic gesture dreamt up by some bored do gooders?

No! It's ***** like Bono and those talentless idiots from Coldplay contstantly banging on about everything to do with saving the planet.

You've got millions in your bank account, get some of it out and try to do something about it, stop preaching to me! And while you're at it quit pedalling your crap music, jetting round the world (thus polluting the atmosphere). Would they give a fock if they were me? No, I doubt it.

And before anyone tells me they plant trees to cover whatever crap they cause by flying everywhere, I bet some bloke in Brazil is currently chopping the bloody thing down.

Like you said CH, the world is already doomed, too many people in certain countries. Steralise a generation, that would do more good!

Anyway, isn't this a football forum?

No! It's ***** like Bono and those talentless idiots from Coldplay constantly banging on about everything to do with saving the planet.

You've got millions in your bank account, get some of it out and try to do something about it, stop preaching to me! And while you're at it quit pedalling your crap music, jetting round the world (thus polluting the atmosphere). Would they give a fock if they were me? No, I doubt it.

And before anyone tells me they plant trees to cover whatever crap they cause by flying everywhere, I bet some bloke in Brazil is currently chopping the bloody thing down.

Like you said CH, the world is already doomed, too many people in certain countries. Sterilise a generation, that would do more good!

Anyway, isn't this a football forum?

When the pound is worthless, and this country can no longer afford to import food we will see the true cost of Blairs legacy. Labour sold out our country.

What good are fancy shiny pretentious buildings housing the scum of the earth doing in our Capital when its people are starving outside?

We put all our eggs in the one basket financial market, Greedy little capitalists we are, Rover along with thousands of other irreplaceable, ancient and uniquely special businesses were told make more profit or move over for someone that does! Labour cared only for the financial gains and milked it for all it was worth! God knows how much those Labour philistines have cost this country culturally, I can't even bear to consider it.

Dont have much good to say about the French, but at least their government didn't sell them out and gave tax breaks to small businesses, some of which were ancient old cheese and wine makers, unable to make a profit in a globalized world competing with Tesco, Asda etc, but they considered it culturally important.

Ah yes, the evil venture capitalists: a scourge on our society, the s#$% on the sole of the proletariats boot, the...... hold on, isn't our chairman a stockbroker? The same chairman who has pumped millions into our club, facilitated a new stadium and overseen the greatest revival at the club since the mid 70's (interestingly enough, also a time of great financial turmoil). Sorry chaps, but despite your anti-Blairite leanings (hind-sight is invariably a wonderful thing), we're all in it up to your eye balls

PS i have now made this a 'City Talk' thread

When the pound is worthless, and this country can no longer afford to import food we will see the true cost of Blairs legacy. Labour sold out our country.

What good are fancy shiny pretentious buildings housing the scum of the earth doing in our Capital when its people are starving outside?

We put all our eggs in the one basket financial market, Greedy little capitalists we are, Rover along with thousands of other irreplaceable, ancient and uniquely special businesses were told make more profit or move over for someone that does! Labour cared only for the financial gains and milked it for all it was worth! God knows how much those Labour philistines have cost this country culturally, I can't even bear to consider it.

Dont have much good to say about the French, but at least their government didn't sell them out and gave tax breaks to small businesses, some of which were ancient old cheese and wine makers, unable to make a profit in a globalized world competing with Tesco, Asda etc, but they considered it culturally important.

We are already seeing the cost of Blairs and browns legacy, dead and injured soldiers flying back into Wootten Bassett because they have bankrupted our country and cant afford to protect them properly.

I wonder if they would send one of their kids with no proper kit, i think not.

Not to mention that we are 'mortgaged' up to our eyeballs with all these new public (hospital etc) buildings and facilties. I'm not aware that we actually own any of the new ones built over the last 10 years - we lease them on terms that are incredibly generous to the private companies that own them.

They never seem to mention this when they announce they are building new Schools and hospitals. They're simply saving up the credit card bill for later.

Not to mention that we are 'mortgaged' up to our eyeballs with all these new public (hospital etc) buildings and facilties. I'm not aware that we actually own any of the new ones built over the last 10 years - we lease them on terms that are incredibly generous to the private companies that own them.

They never seem to mention this when they announce they are building new Schools and hospitals. They're simply saving up the credit card bill for later.

Whats this thread to do with BRISTOL CITY

Whats this thread to do with BRISTOL CITY

Ahem:

Lee Johnson

city talk

isn't our chairman a stockbroker? The same chairman who has pumped millions into our club, facilitated a new stadium and overseen the greatest revival at the club since the mid 70's (interestingly enough, also a time of great financial turmoil).

PS i have now made this a 'City Talk' thread

There you go.

Archived