IGNORED

A Striker We Should Sign

And Its Smith

After Gary Johnson's inability to sign a replacement for Adebola it is about time we signed a striker who can win headers, is direct and strong. Haynes and Maynard have formed a good partnership but we need someone a bit different.

Akinde may be the future but he doesn't seem to be the present (Millen clearly agrees with Johnson on that one) as a disappointing loan spell at Wycombe suggested.

Therefore, after a few viewings of Steve Morison of Millwall I reckon he is the exact guy we need. He's scored a lot of goals in the last 5/6 seasons, albeit some of these were in the Conference, and he makes his fair share of assists for Neil Harris. 26 years old, so supposedly in his prime, 6 ft 2" with a good touch.

If anyone linked with the club reads this (many suggestions that they do) then get down the New Den and watch him. Millwall aren't loaded so we'd probably be able to get him. Barring anyone in the club read it maybe the Evening Post will and put it on their back page that we are after him!!

After Gary Johnson's inability to sign a replacement for Adebola it is about time we signed a striker who can win headers, is direct and strong. Haynes and Maynard have formed a good partnership but we need someone a bit different.

Akinde may be the future but he doesn't seem to be the present (Millen clearly agrees with Johnson on that one) as a disappointing loan spell at Wycombe suggested.

Therefore, after a few viewings of Steve Morison of Millwall I reckon he is the exact guy we need. He's scored a lot of goals in the last 5/6 seasons, albeit some of these were in the Conference, and he makes his fair share of assists for Neil Harris. 26 years old, so supposedly in his prime, 6 ft 2" with a good touch.

If anyone linked with the club reads this (many suggestions that they do) then get down the New Den and watch him. Millwall aren't loaded so we'd probably be able to get him. Barring anyone in the club read it maybe the Evening Post will and put it on their back page that we are after him!!

He has done very well this season and looks to have settled in well, but my only worry would be a lack of pace and stamina. From what I have seen (albeit very limited amounts), I'm not convinced he would be quick enough to make it in The Championship - think of how Lee Trundle dominated League One and despite his undoubted ability on the ball, he has failed to adapt to this league due to his lack of pace, and if Trundle can't adapt, I'm unsure as to if Morison would.

Here is my choice, although I believe that Everton are after him

Jermaine Beckford of Leeds

If they come up then he wouldn't move to us, they are a bigger club with bigger aspirations. If they don't, and he doesn't sign a new contract, I'd be surprised if we got him, there would be many clubs higher up the table than us that would take him in a shot. He is a top player, but also has a questionable attitude and his teamwork and work rate can leave a lot to be desired

Akinde is the present if he was given as many games as ilwemo he would make the grade

You sure?

Why didn't he make the grade at Wycombe this season then? Spent the last two games on the bench I believe.

Obviously doesnt show enough in training or reserve games to be selected. Pretty sure Johnson and Millen have seem him play many times now.

Have seen him play numerous times at lower level, both with Bishops Stortford and Stevenage. He is a stand-out player at that level but not one to take this club forward. Quite similar to Clarkson in a way with possibly a bit more pace. However Stevenage have a central defender called Mark Roberts who would be an ideal replacement for Carey in years to come.

Surely Akinde has to be the most hyped player on this forum ever? Would love him to turn out as our next prolific forward but the hype around him on here is unreal.

The reason hes so hyped is because wenever weve seen him play at the gate hes made an energetic and exciting contribution and has the ability to change a game (like the plymouth game last season he played a big part in turning it round including getting a debut goal)

I mentioned on a previous thread I believe Bogdanovic at Barnsley is out of contract soon and he looked a real handful against us and is clearly a class better than most at this level.

Decent in the air (he is a big guy) moves well when not in possession and knows where the goal is, everything we are looking for Akinde to become

I mentioned on a previous thread I believe Bogdanovic at Barnsley is out of contract soon and he looked a real handful against us and is clearly a class better than most at this level.

Decent in the air (he is a big guy) moves well when not in possession and knows where the goal is, everything we are looking for Akinde to become

I like Bogdanovic too, he doesen't get the service at Barnsley though.

Isn't bogdanovic an attacking midfielder, or am o thinking of Hugo collace. Don't matter as I think both could add a new dimention to our squad. Providing the right manager comes in it could be an exciting summer as far as transfers go both in and out the club.

Isn't bogdanovic an attacking midfielder, or am o thinking of Hugo collace. Don't matter as I think both could add a new dimention to our squad. Providing the right manager comes in it could be an exciting summer as far as transfers go both in and out the club.

Due to their very similar haircut, the two are often confused. Bogdanovic is a centre-forward who I think would be a good signing, he is a target man who is also good on the deck and Colace is a talented centre mid who has been there for a couple of years

Firstly, does nobody else see the comparison between Trundle and Fatty Lambert? Prolific in League 1, slightly rotund, not blessed with pace...... found out in the Championship

Secondly, does nobody else think its no coincidence that since we started playing with Haynes and Maynard up front we've played better football and scored more goals? The absence of a big guy (and probably Millen's input and the presence of a defender who can play football- Ribiero- has helped) means that we play more on the deck and when the ball is smashed forward its into the channels for someone to chase rather than at a static target man to come straight back at the defence. One of the things Adebola maybe didn't get credit for was an ability and willingness to run the channels between full back and centre half. Haynes makes that run all the time and its so much more dangerous. If we're going to play with a more static striker, make it Clarkson. He's about 6 ft, decent attacking balls in the air (if not flicking them on) and can hold the ball up. He has also demonstrated several times this season that he has far and away the best movement and instincts within the box and thats something we've missed for years

Yours truly,

Dave Clarksons Mum

Firstly, does nobody else see the comparison between Trundle and Fatty Lambert? Prolific in League 1, slightly rotund, not blessed with pace...... found out in the Championship

Incredible. Do you not realise that Trundle and Lambert are different people? Just because one failed doesn't mean the other will.

Incredible. Do you not realise that Trundle and Lambert are different people? Just because one failed doesn't mean the other will.

absolutely there are hardly any similarities apart from there not blessed with pace and they both score/scored goals for fun in league one but compare playing styles two completely different players plus fatty lambert is five years younger than trundle

A reasonable point. However, pace is a pretty important attribute at this level and I and several of the blue few i know doubt he would be anywhere near as potent in the Championship.

I also think that because Tinnion failed as manager it does not necessarily mean that Keith Millen will as well. He is his own man and seems to have done a pretty decent job so far. Mr Lansdown will undoubtedly make the correct decision for the club and, if that means he appoints Keith Millen as manager having interviewed all the available candidates, then that is good enough for me. If he does get the job I would hope he brings in a number two with experience, a decision that cost Tinnion dearly.

A reasonable point. However, pace is a pretty important attribute at this level and I and several of the blue few i know doubt he would be anywhere near as potent in the Championship.

I also think that because Tinnion failed as manager it does not necessarily mean that Keith Millen will as well. He is his own man and seems to have done a pretty decent job so far. Mr Lansdown will undoubtedly make the correct decision for the club and, if that means he appoints Keith Millen as manager having interviewed all the available candidates, then that is good enough for me. If he does get the job I would hope he brings in a number two with experience, a decision that cost Tinnion dearly.

I know what you mean, but what about Preston's front two !!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Bogdanovic best striker we have had since Neil Shipperley/Bruce Dyer days, 14 goals for him in this Division. Hes already stated he wants to stay

Hugo Colace is a DM not a AM, Although his goals state otherwise, ia ssure he is a DM

If you want someone from us, take Anderson, al even drop him off for you, infact al pay you to take him

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Bogdanovic best striker we have had since Neil Shipperley/Bruce Dyer days, 14 goals for him in this Division. Hes already stated he wants to stay

Hugo Colace is a DM not a AM, Although his goals state otherwise, ia ssure he is a DM

If you want someone from us, take Anderson, al even drop him off for you, infact al pay you to take him

What you say of Anderson is amazing really. I remember when your fans raved about him and rumours were that we were after him. Although those rumours were no doubt nonsense it is funny to see how things change.

What you say of Anderson is amazing really. I remember when your fans raved about him and rumours were that we were after him. Although those rumours were no doubt nonsense it is funny to see how things change.

Hes decided hes leaving, for pasy 5 months hes been so so lazy, he dont run, his passing is like oh a cant be a**ed wi this anymore etc etc.

Past few months performances, he wouldnt get in a Sunday League side, hardly played for us in 2010, thats why.

Archived