IGNORED

Managers Ruled Out By Steve's Deadline

Martyn Hocking

Watch this space?

Only saying what I know

The info from this person has always been right in the past

I hope he is right

fingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.gif CG

enough said surely?...

Either way I doubt Sl's made his mind up as Millen is still in the frame it seems.. I don't go for the whole big name thing but would like someone with experience in the high end of champ/prem

I think SL is spot on to say he wants the new manager in charge before the end of the season to give him time to assess the players, but I think this rules out a number of candidates.

No team that is still in play-off contention or chasing automatic promotion would let their boss leave at that point I'm the season, so the Bournemouth boss is out of the running. It also raises an interesting question about O'Driscoll - Donny are close to the play-offs but on current form would run out of time to make the top six with two games to go. Does that make him more of a contender (eg is SL waiting for him)?

It certainly makes a currently unemployed manager more likely to get the job, so Curbs, Burley and Coppell stay in the mix.

And, yes, it does give KM more of a possibility.

One other scenario - Southampton are likely to be out of Div 1 play-off contention by then, so could Pardew be the man Steve really wants??

The longer SL leaves it, the more chance we end up with Millen.

More managers may well be getting the boot as the season end gets closer and people like Copple, Curbishley etc will have more clubs to choose from.

Archived