IGNORED

Stay With Millen But Perhapsgo For A Director Of Football?

headhunter

Keith's doing a fine job and it appears the players want to play for him

The downside of appointing him full time smacks of what we did when Jordan left for the first time and was replaced by Good No. 2 Lumsden and then appointing Tinnion in the aftermath of Wilson's departure.

Both Lumsden & Tinnion did OK in their first season but it all went downhill after that.

Ah, you might say we tried a Director of Football with Benny's appointment which caused Ward to throw his toys out of the pram. Ward had actually asked for help and wanted the vastly experienced Ray Harford. Benny's appointment was a huge mistake.

So a Director of Football who has the respect, knows the transfer market and indeed gives Millen the type of support that Lawrence gives to Trollope - nominations please [likely to be aged 55+].

No no no, directors of football at clubs DO NOT WORK, too much interference in each others work and in the end it all goes wrong, Wise at Newcastle, Grant i think it was at pompey when Redknapp was there, not for me im afraid

What about Trolls & Lennie tumbleweed.gif

didnt Dunsford Quote something along these lines: "The appointment of a two tier continental style management structure with Lennie Lawrence as Director of football could well revoluntonise the way the british game is played" :)

Keith's doing a fine job and it appears the players want to play for him

The downside of appointing him full time smacks of what we did when Jordan left for the first time and was replaced by Good No. 2 Lumsden and then appointing Tinnion in the aftermath of Wilson's departure.

Both Lumsden & Tinnion did OK in their first season but it all went downhill after that.

Ah, you might say we tried a Director of Football with Benny's appointment which caused Ward to throw his toys out of the pram. Ward had actually asked for help and wanted the vastly experienced Ray Harford. Benny's appointment was a huge mistake.

So a Director of Football who has the respect, knows the transfer market and indeed gives Millen the type of support that Lawrence gives to Trollope - nominations please [likely to be aged 55+].

Meant to say...

I dont believe a director of football ever works unless you have a first rate manager as well.

If you have a first rate manager you don't need a Director of Football.

And if you don't have a first rate manager you need to get rid of him...!

Directors of football are a total irrelevance (and that's being kind!!)

an ex member of staff who has just left told me yesterday that Curbs signing as a director of football was a done deal before all of the Gj stuff kicked off. Apparrently he moved to Bristol a while ago. This could still be the case with Millen as manager.

He could have been winding me up but he seemed serious and before i get shot down in flames i have never posted a rumer before except that GJ was coming to ashton gate 3 weeks before he was unveiled which came from the same person.

Like i said he could be winding me up, we will see

What about Trolls & Lennie :tumbleweed:

To be fair......looking at where Rovers were when Trolls and Lennie took over, regularly in the bottom few in League 2. now looking at a hopeful play-off place in league one, in what's a VERY tough division this season.

I could be fair to say they are doing a good job.

To be honest I think it's would be a good move for City, Millen coaches and manages the team, with a older head overseeing the club as a whole, dealing with transfer/contract negoigating, over seeing academy and the club as a whole.

Archived