IGNORED

The Definition Of Political Desperation

CotswoldRed

First of all Gordon Brown wants to go on Match of the Day 2.

Now the slimy lot think they can bribe more votes in their election manifesto - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8592378.stm

Polititians trying to convince us they have any interest in the beautiful game makes me laugh. None of them can even muster a regional accent from the area of the team they claim to support.

Another case of, lets wait for something to break, then we'll jump on it in an attempt to fix it. Horse, door, bolted.

Labour could't predict the name of the day after tomorrow.

Now the slimy lot think they can bribe more votes in their election manifesto - http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8592378.stm

Polititians trying to convince us they have any interest in the beautiful game makes me laugh. None of them can even muster a regional accent from the area of the team they claim to support.

Another case of, lets wait for something to break, then we'll jump on it in an attempt to fix it. Horse, door, bolted.

Bristol City Talk?

Now the slimy lot think they can bribe more votes in their election manifesto - http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8592378.stm

Politicians play politics, whatever mob they belong to. Political opportunism aside and given that I haven't read any detail, a plan that facilitates access for fans to buy all/some of their clubs seems to me to be a move in the right direction.

Politicians play politics, whatever mob they belong to. Political opportunism aside and given that I haven't read any detail, a plan that facilitates access for fans to buy all/some of their clubs seems to me to be a move in the right direction.

It talks about fans having a minority stake. So long as some wealthy owner comes along and buys the majority stake he can do what he likes anyway.

Really? Brown sounds pretty Scottish to me

He's a Raith Rovers supporter by the way. Hardly jumping on a bandwagon there

It talks about fans having a minority stake. So long as some wealthy owner comes along and buys the majority stake he can do what he likes anyway.

There's a much better and more detailed report on the Guardian site, one that says more than the BBC report that basically has a quick quote from their sports editor and a predictable response from one of Dave Snooty's pals.

To be fair to the government, at least they're proposing at least some kind of action, albeit 20 years too late.

To say the horse has bolted is an understatement; he's bolted, run the race, come last and been left to die a long, slow death in the paddock with a broken leg. That's how ****ed football is right now.

Sadly, we've already lost an CEO who was actually trying to do something about the crooked, corrupt, decrepid institution about the FA which is currently run by people like Dave Richards, also on the Premier League committee and a football chairman. So, no conflict of interest there, then.

Football needs complete reformation, and we need government help to get this going. These proposals are like the first step on a marathon of marathons...

Thatcher and her I D cardswhistle.gif David Mellor the Tory voice of Footballwhistle.gif Colin Moynihan the Tory Lord Haw Haw of the 90's.

This is what the Tory's think of our Football.

The Torys will be more interested in Hunting than Football -keep the Bostards outyes.gif

Gordon Brown is a European Unionist cockroach, we're surrounded by them.....a good dose of DDT will shake them up....:winner_third_h4h:....

eu_flag.gif

to be fair to Gordon Brown he does love football

he even lost sight in one eye playing football (albeit the rugby union rather than the association code)

and was also a programme seller at Raith Rovers.

Not sure if Cameron played the wall game at Eton - he looks a bit too soft for that sort of thing.

he even lost sight in one eye playing football (albeit the rugby union rather than the association code)

Not sure if Cameron played the wall game at Eton - he looks a bit too soft for that sort of thing.

Don't they play another type of 'game' in the dorms at Public Schools ?

Sort of topic related but just watched Viera for Man City tonight, had a shocker and he picks up, allegedly, £150,000.00 per week. How can that be right ?

"Dave" strikes me as more of an English rugger bugger type alongside Will, Justin and Toby myself, and any party with Liam Fox in it shouldn't get any City fans' vote...........

Thatcher and her I D cardswhistle.gif

Problem is, the Tories realised ID cards are unworkable and have pledged to scrap them. Labour still want them, and anyone who has paid an arm and a leg for a passport recently is subsidising their introduction.

It seems to me that power corrupts and that supporters' clubs are just as likely to be run by jumped-up Nazis who have no idea how to run things.. as our country currently is.

Clearly some reform would be welcome (financial regulations, shakeup at the FA) but this fan-ownership plan looks as badly thought out as ID cards.

Problem is, the Tories realised ID cards are unworkable and have pledged to scrap them. Labour still want them, and anyone who has paid an arm and a leg for a passport recently is subsidising their introduction.

It seems to me that power corrupts and that supporters' clubs are just as likely to be run by jumped-up Nazis who have no idea how to run things.. as our country currently is.

Clearly some reform would be welcome (financial regulations, shakeup at the FA) but this fan-ownership plan looks as badly thought out as ID cards.

I think he was referring to the FOOTBALL ID cards suggested many years ago to stamp out hooliganism, not the more recent effort prompted by terrorism/our fascist government.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/18/seven-deadly-sins-thatcher-tories-football

Labour MP for Stroud, David Drew, is a genuine Forest Green Rovers fan. I've stood by him at matches numerous times.

I think he was referring to the FOOTBALL ID cards suggested many years ago to stamp out hooliganism, not the more recent effort prompted by terrorism/our fascist government.

Even if you're somehow expecting football grounds to be the one place where ID cards won't be required, Labour's version is about 100x worse, being backed by a database designed to keep track of us & our data.

I voted LibDem in 2005 and they're far less corrupt/more idealistic than the other 2 parties. If I bother to vote this year, I'll have a good look at their candidate this time round.

I voted LibDem in 2005 and they're far less corrupt/more idealistic than the other 2 parties. If I bother to vote this year, I'll have a good look at their candidate this time round.

The question for the Lib-Lab-Con voters is: "Which Lib-Lab-Con European Union loving bed fellow of the public school dormatories will you vote for this time?" :dancing6: ......

eu%20puppet.jpg

Archived