IGNORED

If You Apply For The Vacant Managers Position?

Motorwayman

Its true that most Premier League and Championship clubs will not appoint a manager who applies for the position; its rather who the Chairman wants, he will know you he wants and will contact a shortlist of names and appoint.

So if you are any good...you will not apply (just wait for the phone to ring)......makes sense really?englandsmile4wf.gif

not strictly true. If someone like O'Driscoll wanted the job he would get his agent to ring Lansdown and make his intrest known. City would then ring Doncaster and ask for permission to speak to him knowing he's intrested.

Why would he want it dunno.gif surely he will think he can do a better job at Donnie, league positions don't tell lies.

so if Gary Johnsons next job was Leeds you'd think that was a step down in terms of potential?

Don't try putting words in my mouth, all i,m saying is personally i can't see him coming here, somebody will snap him up but it will be a damn sight bigger club than us imo

Don't try putting words in my mouth, all i,m saying is personally i can't see him coming here, somebody will snap him up but it will be a damn sight bigger club than us imo

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm trying to make some sense of whatever it was you were trying to say.

But you don't even seem to know what point your making so it's hard for me to know what I'm answering.

Anyway the point I was making before when you put words in my mouth was "if someone like O'Driscoll wanted the job". I didn't say he did. It was just an example.

Its true that most Premier League and Championship clubs will not appoint a manager who applies for the position; its rather who the Chairman wants, he will know you he wants and will contact a shortlist of names and appoint.

So if you are any good...you will not apply (just wait for the phone to ring)......makes sense really?englandsmile4wf.gif

Thanks for that. Having never owned a football club and therefore needed to recruit a first-team manager I wasn't sure exactly how the process worked. Thanks to your extensive experience in this field, everything is a lot clearer now.

So if you are any good...you will not apply (just wait for the phone to ring)......makes sense really? englandsmile4wf.gif

I agree the Chairman has the final say, that's kind of a no-brainer, but to say its' fact' you wont get the job if you apply is a bit silly really.

So have I wasted the ink printing out my CV, a perfectly good envelope, and a first class stamp?? If only I knew earlier.... crying.gif

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm trying to make some sense of whatever it was you were trying to say.

But you don't even seem to know what point your making so it's hard for me to know what I'm answering.

Anyway the point I was making before when you put words in my mouth was "if someone like O'Driscoll wanted the job". I didn't say he did. It was just an example.

So why bother ,

the point i,m making is , why would someone in O' Driscoll's posiition ie ( club with an outside chance of play offs ) want to come to a club , that in all fairness has been going backwards for the last season and a half, and why would there chairman let him go ffs. It would be like them trying to tout GJ in a our play/off final year , just wouldn't happen.

Do you get my point now?

So why bother ,

the point i,m making is , why would someone in O' Driscoll's posiition ie ( club with an outside chance of play offs ) want to come to a club , that in all fairness has been going backwards for the last season and a half, and why would there chairman let him go ffs. It would be like them trying to tout GJ in a our play/off final year , just wouldn't happen.

Do you get my point now?

Do you get my point that I said "say someone like O'Driscoll was interested"?

On your points. Doncaster have topped out. They can't attract better players than they have now and get about 10k at home. There chairman bails them out every season with money as gifts.

We are a step up from them in terms of potential to go to the next level and O'Driscoll will know that. It's nothing like trying them trying to get GJ in our play off year. They are only 3 points above us so by next week could be on the same points.

Our club hasn't been going backwords for a year and a half. We've stabilised as a midtable/top 10 championship side and have been here 3 years. What we dont want is that stabilisation to become stagnation which it probably was becoming, so we need someone to kick us on again. Any manager worth his salt will be looking for a club like us that has the potential to move up, not one like Doncaster that has moved almost as high as it can and the only way is down for a new manager.

Do you get my point that I said "say someone like O'Driscoll was interested"?

On your points. Doncaster have topped out. They can't attract better players than they have now and get about 10k at home. There chairman bails them out every season with money as gifts.

We are a step up from them in terms of potential to go to the next level and O'Driscoll will know that. It's nothing like trying them trying to get GJ in our play off year. They are only 3 points above us so by next week could be on the same points.

Our club hasn't been going backwords for a year and a half. We've stabilised as a midtable/top 10 championship side and have been here 3 years. What we dont want is that stabilisation to become stagnation which it probably was becoming, so we need someone to kick us on again. Any manager worth his salt will be looking for a club like us that has the potential to move up, not one like Doncaster that has moved almost as high as it can and the only way is down for a new manager.

sorry but i find your reason very arrogant , and i would imagine any Donnie fan would beg to differ. nono.gif

well on this seasons showing i think the potential hasn't been shown , next season who knows dunno.gif

I think they've maximised theirs and we haven't this season. With the right manager we can push on to greater things. I don't think Donny can go much further.

Not saying O'driscoll is that man just thatI would hope he'd agree we are a bigger club and a step up from where he is now despite current league positions. A bit like when Johnson came to us despite Yeovil being above us in the league at the time.

I think they've maximised theirs and we haven't this season. With the right manager we can push on to greater things. I don't think Donny can go much further.

Not saying O'driscoll is that man just thatI would hope he'd agree we are a bigger club and a step up from where he is now despite current league positions. A bit like when Johnson came to us despite Yeovil being above us in the league at the time.

ok mate , i can see your reasoning in that.

Just wondering if anyone has had a phone call yet? Ive been staring at my phone for nearly 24 Hours, but no such call yet... unsure.gif

Hmmm, me too. Have you tried cleaning your SIM card? sometimes that can affect calls, also might be worth you calling your phone company, just to check everything is OK. Pretty rude of SL not calling us tbh, especially since we didn't even bother to apply. :angry:

Sorry what you're saying doesn't really make sense. If only "most of (the) Premier League and Championship clubs" appoint the person the Chairman chooses... what do the others do?

Hardly a 'nailed' on FACT that anyone applying wouldn't get considered.

Archived