IGNORED

Unbeliveable!

Sampson City Reds

To be fair to him, he wasn't not good enough, he was one of the many, many, many apparently talented players that Johnson dismissed as "not fit enough"

Like who for instance? No point having all the talent in the world if your a lazy and unfit.

'apparently' is the right word.

Anyways, they have to pay them silly money to live out there, I would want my wages quadrupled at least.

I have two daughters and when have taken them to games the activity on the stand has been more interesting than the game itself. Running up to the top of the stand, sitting ten yards away giggling or if it's nothing else to do - make your homework. After the first game the only comment was "We've never heard you swear before" laugh.gif

Just heard on SSN that Quincy Owusu Abeyie a player we had on trial in the summer and let go because apparently not good enough has just signed for a team in Qatar for 3 million pounds and he is being paid 80,000 pounds a week.

Pretty sure there were many on here hoping that we didnt sign him at the time as well, the same as everyone was loving Johnson for getting Sno in - now miraculously he is poor and its Johnsons fault for signing him (although everyone wanted him as well at the time). You just cannot win whatever happens....

Glad we didn't sign him then the lad clearly lacks ambition just in it for the cash. Qatar for crying out loud hardly a hotbed for Football is it??

haha, ridiculous post im afraid. Put it this way, if you were a professional football player, and you had the choice to play at somewhere like Pompey, or a handful of Championship clubs, on between £10,000-£20,000....or go to Quatar and earn £80k a week.....you'd seriously consider doing a year at least in Quatar.....everyone would

Unbelievable!

just because some numpty pays him 80k a week for a Downs Leugue player, Johnson got it wrong.

Every time we fill up with petrol we are contributing to his 80k a week, in the same way those who subscribe to sky contribute to John Terry's 150k per week.

Whose more stupid - johnson for not signing him or sky subscribers paying for footballers millions.

haha, ridiculous post im afraid. Put it this way, if you were a professional football player, and you had the choice to play at somewhere like Pompey, or a handful of Championship clubs, on between £10,000-£20,000....or go to Quatar and earn £80k a week.....you'd seriously consider doing a year at least in Quatar.....everyone would

Why is it ridiculous, you just agreed with him!

Eremenko was good as well but not fit enough, any idea what happened to him?

According to Wikipedia:

"On 29 July 2009 Eremenko signed a three-year contract with Ukrainian club FC Metalist Kharkiv, scoring his first goal for the side in debut game against HNK Rijeka. On 12th March 2010 it was announced that Eremenko Jr. had been loaned to his first club, FF Jaro, for the next season. His father, Alexei Eremenko Sr., is the current manager of FF Jaro. He managed to score on his debut, in a Finnish League Cup game against JJK on 20th March 2010."

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Nibor's reply!

Just heard on SSN that Quincy Owusu Abeyie a player we had on trial in the summer and let go because apparently not good enough has just signed for a team in Qatar for 3 million pounds and he is being paid 80,000 pounds a week.

To be fair, teams in that area chuck loads of money at bringing half-decent players in. He is clearly not worth wages of £80,000. Apparently Jack Rodwell's new contract will be around £20,000 a week. Which player do you think is better? QOA definitely isn't 4 times better!

To be fair, teams in that area chuck loads of money at bringing half-decent players in. He is clearly not worth wages of £80,000. Apparently Jack Rodwell's new contract will be around £20,000 a week. Which player do you think is better? QOA definitely isn't 4 times better!

20 grand a week for an 18 year old is just as obscene as paying 80 grand a week for a 'half decent' player imo.

When will football come to it's senses ?

Like who for instance? No point having all the talent in the world if your a lazy and unfit.

'apparently' is the right word.

Anyways, they have to pay them silly money to live out there, I would want my wages quadrupled at least.

Eremenko? That Peruvian chap? I'm not doubting that they weren't fit enough, but it was a bit of a broken record- why get in players that haven't played for months and then complain they're not match fit?! I wasn't saying we should sign him- on the highlights i've seen of him playing for other clubs in t past he was rubbish- but just making the point that officially he wasn't rejected for being a 'Downs League Player'

20 grand a week for an 18 year old is just as obscene as paying 80 grand a week for a 'half decent' player imo.

When will football come to it's senses ?

I'm not justifying anyone's wages, just pointing out that teams from the Middle East pay inflated prices. TBF, I don't think any player is worth £20,000 a week, not even Messi. However, we live in a capitalist society (like it or not) and this is what happens in certain industries. Would love a world where we all had fairer pay and even maximum wages, but this is not likely to happen in the near future. Also, people always seem to direct their anger towards footballers. Do the CEOs of HSBC, etc ... deserve hundreds of thousands in wages and bonuses!. Unfortunately, even t***ers like Robbie Williams earn millions. Can anyone really justify paying someone like him that sort of money for producing shallow pop records and posing around pouting on stage for an hour? Getting paid millions for stealing kids pocket money with that **** is immoral. Anyway, rant over. :ranting:

I'm not justifying anyone's wages, just pointing out that teams from the Middle East pay inflated prices. TBF, I don't think any player is worth £20,000 a week, not even Messi. However, we live in a capitalist society (like it or not) and this is what happens in certain industries. Would love a world where we all had fairer pay and even maximum wages, but this is not likely to happen in the near future. Also, people always seem to direct their anger towards footballers. Do the CEOs of HSBC, etc ... deserve hundreds of thousands in wages and bonuses!. Unfortunately, even t***ers like Robbie Williams earn millions. Can anyone really justify paying someone like him that sort of money for producing shallow pop records and posing around pouting on stage for an hour? Getting paid millions for stealing kids pocket money with that **** is immoral. Anyway, rant over. ranting.gif

Wasn't having a go at you, only ranting but on a smaller scale than yourself !

In all honesty though whatever profession your in, your will early silly money for the same job in the middle east, can't blame him for grabbing deal on this money in Qatar in the slightest, he's 23 and will have plenty of time to come back to proper european leagues later in his career.

As for whether he is good enough he showed for a few games at Pompey he was good enough as some performances showed, as everyone knows, regardless if they wanted to keep him, they couldn't afford too.

Should have been signed by City on loan without doubt - Johnson would probably still have his job, but instead he turned him down and the rest is history.

and we paid £1,000,000 for Trundle and reportedly over £500,000 for Styvaar..... some have more money than sense.....

Eremenko? That Peruvian chap? I'm not doubting that they weren't fit enough, but it was a bit of a broken record- why get in players that haven't played for months and then complain they're not match fit?! I wasn't saying we should sign him- on the highlights i've seen of him playing for other clubs in t past he was rubbish- but just making the point that officially he wasn't rejected for being a 'Downs League Player'

Yeah a few players I didn't think we saw the best of.

Oh, so Pete Johnson is now working in Qatar.

If you were on £300 and got offered £3000 would you turn it down, would you f...k, it is no different to a footballer who is on obscene amounts, the more your on the more you want, im sure 9 out of 10 people in this situation would do exactly the same,im not saying the amount players are on is right far from it and the way things are going i can see football going tits up until chairmen have a serious look at its finances and adress the issues of stupid money then players are going to ask for more and more

Archived