IGNORED

Win Against Forest Long Overdue

headhunter

A Paul Cheesley goal gave City a 1-0 WIN over Forest at Ashton Gate in Dec. 74 in front of 10,006.

Since then we have played them 27 times in League & Cup without success. It would be good to put one over them today and take a step towards beating last season's points total which has to be the most realistic objective with the play offs surely out of reach.

I don't know how many remember that 74/75 season but had the play off system been operating we would have been in them having finished 5th. but there were only two auto spots to play for taken by Man Utd & Aston Villa

City fell down largely due to a disappointing easter when 3 games were played over 5 days. I saw a 1-0 win at Southampton on Good Friday then at Ashton Gate the next day we lost 0-1 to Norwich and then drew 0-0 against the Gas on the Tuesday.

City did the double over Man Utd that season!!!

A Paul Cheesley goal gave City a 1-0 WIN over Forest at Ashton Gate in Dec. 74 in front of 10,006.

Since then we have played them 27 times in League & Cup without success. It would be good to put one over them today and take a step towards beating last season's points total which has to be the most realistic objective with the play offs surely out of reach.

I don't know how many remember that 74/75 season but had the play off system been operating we would have been in them having finished 5th. but there were only two auto spots to play for taken by Man Utd & Aston Villa

City fell down largely due to a disappointing easter when 3 games were played over 5 days. I saw a 1-0 win at Southampton on Good Friday then at Ashton Gate the next day we lost 0-1 to Norwich and then drew 0-0 against the Gas on the Tuesday.

City did the double over Man Utd that season!!!

Vaguely remember our 1-0 win at Old Trafford on The Big Match. (Surely there's some footage of this somewhere, along with the 1-0 win at Leeds in the Cup)

Beat both Palace & Leicester away this season, first time for ages so fingerscrossed.gif for today.

Archived