IGNORED

How Have They Ended Up In 3rd Place?

bridgwaterEd

How they have done so well this season is beyond me, for a 3rd place team with all that 'quality' up front they only really tested gerken a couple times. Even when we were down to 10 men they didn't look close to scoring.

Or is it that when playing with confidence, we actually have a really really good team that has seriously underachieved this season?

A quick statistical look reveals that Forest's five top goal scorers this season* didn't play a single minute between them today. And the club captain is out for the entire season? There's probably some answers in there.

* - according to the Football League website stats.

A quick statistical look reveals that Forest's five top goal scorers this season* didn't play a single minute between them today. And the club captain is out for the entire season? There's probably some answers in there.

* - according to the Football League website stats.

yes but they did play at newcastle and they still looked mediocre!

yes but they did play at newcastle and they still looked mediocre!

They did, and did again today. but the won the European Cup once, theyre a big club you know...

are they f uck. just a very average dirty bunch of cheating bastards, who make Warnob look f ***** honest FFS!

Whether you like them or not they are a big club. They are third because with a full squad they are decent and such is the standard of this league, every team goes though a bad patch or two in the season. We've hardly been great this season eh and we will comfortably finish mid table come the end of it.

as you have already mentioned, we had a lot of people missing, earnshaw, anderson, mckenna all injured, blackstock and majewski rested on the bench, thats a lot of quality for anyone to miss in this league, add that to the fact we have been in dire form away from home, its no suprise!

Well as others have mentioned they'd lost 6 or 7 away games on the trot before yesterday, but they've won 10 home games in a row! I must admit though they've been average at best in both fixtures this season, and even though I think a draw was probably fair yesterday, I'd say we were the better team. Strange how things change though, because they hadn't lost away from home all season until Derby beat them, and then they went on to lose a load on the trot! They are very strong at home though, and I'd suggest we've seen far from the best of Forest this season!

I'd suggest we've seen far from the best of Forest this season!

If you saw their away game at WBA on SKY you would see them at their best. Hammered them. I suspect they had a collapse of confidence away from home and will see yesterday as a decent point. I would say they have a reasonable chance in the PO's with anyone being able to beat anyone/

we've won 12 games on the trot at home.. but to be honest that includes 3 or 4 .. one nils when we were very fortunate to win.. i.e the foul on Pratley when Swansea should have a penalty, and the foul on Lita before Cohens goal against Boro.. but away from home we have really struggled since the fantastic win over WBA.

as for attendances, Derby give away tickets with a box of cereals, so their attendances, whilst still good, can be misleading. also they were in the prem not long back, whilst we were stuck in League 1. Hopefully our crowds will pick up.. but we also have Notts County in our city. Plus the Panthers Ice Hockey club now attract many thousands to their home games.. the sporting public in Notts must have only so much money to throw around..

If you saw their away game at WBA on SKY you would see them at their best. Hammered them. I suspect they had a collapse of confidence away from home and will see yesterday as a decent point. I would say they have a reasonable chance in the PO's with anyone being able to beat anyone/

I did see that game and yes they were fantastic! They way the moved the ball around was superb!

Forest weren't great yesterday but they ARE a good team - better than ourselves IMO (pains me to say it)

I watched that game at WBA and playing like that is how they have ended up 3rd. Although they are going through a rocky patch away from home currently.

I do however dislike the b*****s (yesterdays antics a prime example why) an awful lot and hope they fail miserably in the Play offs.

Archived