IGNORED

Bbc The Championship

A real joke of a programme.

The Peterborough v Newcastle game the bald headed bloke who thinks he's a comedian interviews Newcastle fans not one of them a geordie for 5 minutes, 1 minute of the goals.

The City game just the goals and the horror assault on Gerkin, 30 seconds. No mention of the assault.

The host knows knack all about football, Claridge is a bumbling fool and vacuous tart.

Utter shite.

The Peterborough v Newcastle game the bald headed bloke who thinks he's a comedian interviews Newcastle fans not one of them a geordie for 5 minutes, 1 minute of the goals.

The City game just the goals and the horror assault on Gerkin, 30 seconds. No mention of the assault.

The host knows knack all about football, Claridge is a bumbling fool and vacuous tart.

Utter shite.

I wasn't at the game so correct me if I am wrong but according to the BBC Fontaine hit the ball from 30 yards and scored. I am pretty sure it was Bradley Orr hit it and it just took a mere deflection.

Not being funny but they could of been promoted today! Of course the focus was going to be on them. As for the challenge it looked 50/50 to me and this happens in football I'm afraid.

If I were a blackpool fan I'd be annoyed at Hollohead not getting air time!!!

Not being funny but they could of been promoted today! Of course the focus was going to be on them. As the the challenge it looked 50/50 to me and this happens in football I'm afraid.

I think you are missing the point, I have no issue with Newcastle having the air time of course they are the best team in the division, Less inane comments from a guy who thinks he's a comedian, Less interviews with non geordies and more time showing the 2 games and highlighting the major moments in the game and actually getting facts right like who actually hit the ball for that created Citys goal, Not a lot to ask from the BBC.

Utter shite.

Totally agree EMB.

Sent an email to the programme accusing them of "big club" bias.

I compared yesterdays coverage and analysis to the CP game incident when a goal was dissalowed and they allowed Warnock free airtime to spout off about 'cheating' yet when a goalie is tackled late, knocked unconcsious and has suspected broken bones and taken to hospital - nothing!

Have asked Claridge what he thought of the incident on his bbc blog - suspect it wont be included as too controversial, but will wait and see. Kept it clean and just the facts so that they don't have any excuse other than censorship to block it!

Utter shite.

Yeah, it was pretty crap last night- amazed there were only 4 clips from our game, i.e. the goals, the Fontaine shot and the disgraceful challenge on Gerken.

Rest of your post don't disagree with either.

Utter shite.

:winner_third_h4h: Indeed, a real joke programme from what has now become a joke organisation. The assault on Dean Gerkin and then the block on Campbell-Ryce deserved a lot more analysis. The manner of Tyson's challenge and the injuries suffered by Dean Gerkin could be deemed as criminal assault and should have been discussed openly on national television and not brushed under the carpet by the BBC. I saw the challenge from a distance in the Williams Stand and it looked to me as if Gerkin was going to easily get to the ball before Tyson so Tyson should have pulled up or hurdled Gerkin. Then came the block on Campbell-Ryce - that should have been a red card for the infringing Forest player as well. Well done the BBC - NOT - they're crap.

that claridge is rubbish.he is on every time i put radio 5 live on. And he just chats so much s***.

Claridge has become a typical BBC pundit in the mould of the BBC political leader David Dimblebum on BBC Question Time. They're full of shit, shit and more shit. Oh the BBC is full of shit.

Claridge has become a typical BBC pundit in the mould of the BBC political leader David Dimblebum on BBC Question Time. They're full of shit, shit and more shit. Oh the BBC is full of shit.

I would have thought that a died in the wool marxist like your good self would be very fond of old Auntie

Not being funny but they could of been promoted today! Of course the focus was going to be on them. As for the challenge it looked 50/50 to me and this happens in football I'm afraid.

The issue Badg, is the fact the shite BBC are interested in just tow clubs from the Championship Newcastle & the Baggies, and Naaaarwich & dirty Leeds in League 1. They couldnt give a flying one about anyone else, and neither could ITV.

It'll be all Bolton, or Worst 'Am if they come down

I sincerely hope BBC & ITV lose the lot to Sky, cos untill BBC/ITV got some packages of live games, EVERY championship and a good half dozen different clubs got live games. Now its all the same teams

As for the challenge, should have been a straight red, 50/50, yes, the way he went crashing in on Gerks warranted a straight red. I was in the EE just behind the incident.. worst challenge I've seen in this league for a whiles, seems common in the poncey Premeirshit though..

Isn't Manesh an honorary Bristolian, lay off him !

I think the BBC coverage of life outside the Premiershit is most welcome, especially enjoyed watching Flapper flapping in the late Morecombe comeback v. Crewe.

I did laugh at Flapper living up to his nickname - after seeing his early fallibility to the high ball, Morecombe took to launching mortars into the box and didn't Flapper squirm?!

BTW I think that Manish favours Leicester City - he was certainly a reporter on Radio Leicester for 5 years and covered their matches.

I did laugh at Flapper living up to his nickname - after seeing his early fallibility to the high ball, Morecombe took to launching mortars into the box and didn't Flapper squirm?!

BTW I think that Manish favours Leicester City - he was certainly a reporter on Radio Leicester for 5 years and covered their matches.

I think Jevo may have had a hand in the tactics used !

Yes, he's from Leicester, but he now lives in Bristol.

I would have thought that a died in the wool marxist like your good self would be very fond of old Auntie

You've got me scratching my head. The BBC employs Toffs such as David Dimblebum of Question Time fame. Who, while at Oxford University, was a member of the socially exclusive Bullingdon Club student dining society. Anyway, I reckon I fall more in the 'Goblinist' political category than the Marxist category. 'Goblinist' being more BBC television coverage of Bristol City FC at the expense of all other football clubs. :winner_third_h4h:

Archived