IGNORED

Coppell In

Donald

Following a meeting a meeting with SL in a Bath Hotel.

Millen to revert to Number 2

and interestingly someone else coming in as a "link" between Lansdown/Coppell with a footballing background, I.E Sexstone - dealing with stadium and business side of the club and someone else overseeing football side as a whole.

Due to be announced by Friday, Millen take charge of Swansea Game with a view to taking charge after that game.

Believe or Disbelieve. Only time will prove me right or wrong

Can second this - have inside information that curbishly has put his homes in clifton,failand,portishead and knowle back on the market

Although an admirer of Odrisscoll, especially for the style of play and how he has managed to get Donny to where they are on a conserative budget, getting Copple would be an amazing coup, if he can take Reading from the lower leagues and gates of six thousand to the prem and gates quadrupled, just think what he could do for us given the right backing!

I don't think that's a secret he wants to do away with coming into Bristol on a daily basis and with him recently buying his plane with a view to moving to tax-free State within the next few months it all seems to tie up.

I thought he already had done? He moved to the Channel Islands....

Edit: see you've already made that point yourself later - sorry. I heard this reliably also.

IF true, and IF this proves to be true, IF being a very big word, then this shows several things.

A .How far this club has really come in the last 4 or 5 seasons.

B. Shows SL comitment to this football club.

C. Sends out a huge message to the other CCC clubs the ambition of Bristol City fc

D. Proves what a massive cog in the whole system GJ was , and needs praise for bringing about such opportunities that this club now have

Top post Mr Gow. Spot on.

But then I guess from an SL point of view if it doesn't work, no big pay out like with GJ!

I did hear that he didnt get a big pay off due to the events after the plymouth game( changing room fracas).Contract was agreed to be paid upto the end of the season,along with mutual agreement statement. Dont shoot the messanger,just something i heard!!!

I did hear that he didnt get a big pay off due to the events after the plymouth game( changing room fracas).Contract was agreed to be paid upto the end of the season,along with mutual agreement statement. Dont shoot the messanger,just something i heard!!!

heard the same.

Coppell does seem the best candidate...

Steve made a pointed comment early on about managers wanting to bring their own people in. He clearly wasn't keen on having to stump up for a whole management team. I suspect he may have made it a condition of any appointment that Keith stays on as a result and to give the continuity he is so keen on. Coppell doesn't seem inclined to take an entourage of his mates with him wherever he goes which would be fine by Steve.

I PERSONALY THINK MILLY WILL GO WITH GJ AT PETERBOUGH AS NUMBER 2 AGAIN

I think Millen will elave us, but not to follow GJ. His recent comments in the Press suggest he is ready to step up to the plate as a manager, it wont be here, but wouldnt be at all suprised to see a Lesgue 2 club take a gamble on him soon

I think Millen will elave us, but not to follow GJ. His recent comments in the Press suggest he is ready to step up to the plate as a manager, it wont be here, but wouldnt be at all suprised to see a Lesgue 2 club take a gamble on him soon

peterbough will be a leaque 1 club next season. so that should suit him

I thought he already had done? He moved to the Channel Islands....

Edit: see you've already made that point yourself later - sorry. I heard this reliably also.

SL has definately bought a property in the Channel islands (Guernsey I believe) he wants to base himself over there predominately, but will obviously be over here a fair time because of business and City, source is a friend of the family.

peterbough will be a leaque 1 club next season. so that should suit him

If i was a betting man,i'd put my money on Millen staying on as number 2. Along with the contract pay off i mentioned earlier, i heard KM fell out with GJ over the treatment of a player or 2. So that doesnt go along with some peoples theory of KM being GJ's yes man! There wasnt a complete breakdown in their relationship or anything, but there was a disagreement over it. So i dont expect to see KM in Peterborough any time soon! Again, dont shoot the messanger!

Any new boss would be silly to not at least consider Millen as No 2 given his recent record and knowledge of the squad.

Agreed, you cant knock the fact hes got the team playing flowing football, looking and sounding happy.

Impressed if it is indeed Steve Coppell, as previous posters have said, says much about this club and its future.

Interesting times ahead. hopefully Scotty will get a job in the backroom team as well, keeping continuity here...

SL has definately bought a property in the Channel islands (Guernsey I believe) he wants to base himself over there predominately, but will obviously be over here a fair time because of business and City, source is a friend of the family.

Tax exile ?

I don't think that's a secret he wants to do away with coming into Bristol on a daily basis and with him recently buying his plane with a view to moving to tax-free State within the next few months it all seems to tie up.

Time will tell.....

SL already lives in his tax free haven. in the Channel Islands, but yes he does need someone here so he can spend less time here.

If this is the case why have you not renewed already? If you have been a supporter for 55 years!

Because the last 18 months has been dire, you can only take so much.

Was a protest i guess against a manager who had lost the plot and his players. fastasleep.gif

Because the last 18 months has been dire, you can only take so much.

Was a protest i guess against a manager who had lost the plot and his players. fastasleep.gif

Well you must have had your own mini protest every year for those 25yrs? The dark days of Div 2/League One was surely worse than what we've got now? GJ brought nothing but success until he had run his course.

Obviously doesn't bother me what you do, just seems a bit dramatic?!

surrender.gif

Amazed that GJ is going to take a job at Peterborough and hasn't set his sight's higher or have better offers.

Definitely expect Millen to stay. Continuity as mentioned and player respect. Also aids Coppell's introduction

Coppell coming to the club brings proven experience, good contacts, the ability to attract better players, high profile for BCFC and if he does well, will position us nicely for the news stadium and a new start

Amazed that GJ is going to take a job at Peterborough and hasn't set his sight's higher or have better offers.

Definitely expect Millen to stay. Continuity as mentioned and player respect. Also aids Coppell's introduction

Coppell coming to the club brings proven experience, good contacts, the ability to attract better players, high profile for BCFC and if he does well, will position us nicely for the news stadium and a new start

It kind of confirms to me that he really has lost the plot in the last 12 months. 'The Madness of King Gary'. Honestly, surely if he'd hung around until the summer he could have at least found another job in the Championship. Weird. Mind you, his exploits will provide an interesting backdrop to next season won't it?

Anyway, I'd be cautiously optimistic under SC! If true, let's all not expect miracles over night eh?

It kind of confirms to me that he really has lost the plot in the last 12 months. 'The Madness of King Gary'. Honestly, surely if he'd hung around until the summer he could have at least found another job in the Championship. Weird. Mind you, his exploits will provide an interesting backdrop to next season won't it?

I think that is a pretty good job for GJ.

He is best managing clubs who have have hit a low and need lifting- he is also better with average players who work hard rather than big names. I predict he will get Peterborough playing well and get them into the top 6 within 18 months in League 1.

Archived