IGNORED

Bcfc Fan Club In Sweden

The Red Planet

Sat behind us in Block A in the Dolman for the Forest game - the entire membership of the BCFC fan club in Sweden - all four of them including Sweden Red who posts on here regularly.

He told me they usually get to see games twice a year and they were heading up to Hillsborough for today's game.

We are not a fashionable club with followers all over the world but it got me thinking - which other countries are known to have supporters ? I don't mean Brits living abroad but genuine foreign nationals who are fans.

Anyway, good luck to Sweden Red and his friends and hope to see you at AG again soon.

Sat behind us in Block A in the Dolman for the Forest game - the entire membership of the BCFC fan club in Sweden - all four of them including Sweden Red who posts on here regularly.

He told me they usually get to see games twice a year and they were heading up to Hillsborough for today's game.

We are not a fashionable club with followers all over the world but it got me thinking - which other countries are known to have supporters ? I don't mean Brits living abroad but genuine foreign nationals who are fans.

Anyway, good luck to Sweden Red and his friends and hope to see you at AG again soon.

Does being Welsh qualify us as being from a foreign country...blushing.gif

See the thread in the General Sports forum abouts some Hellas Verona fans in Italy. They keep in touch and come over for matches from time to time, and this is going back over a decade. They're quite excitable when it comes to City, I used to get texts about "Mike Bell" whenever Mickey scored. We also have some Croatian fans, I had photos somewhere of a City flag my mate gave them for a Hadjuk Split game.

I'm ST-holder in the EE , i'm from Belgium

I've got a group on Facebook , if u want to join : Bristol City Supporters Trust Antwerp Branch

"The Antwerp's unbelievable!" - Haha, I'll never forget that pre-season game! The best one for atmosphere that I'll ever see in my life I reckon!

I feel honoured that we have an Antwerp branch of Bristol City supporters! Excellent stuff... winner_third_h4h.gif

Good stuff. I saw the Swedish flag in the stand in the photos from yesterday. Would have loved to be there myself, but my wallet didn't allow me.. uhuuuu...

There are a few supporters in Norway - I'd say four or five active ones.

:)

Kjetil

Its a somewhat bizarre situation when someone chooses to support BCFC from afar.

Whilst we all whinge about people choosing clubs from places they never visit (e.g. Devonians supporting Man U) its usually because they are glory-hunters.

There ain't much glory to be had from supporting City (in relative terms) so a big round of applause to our foreign friends englandsmile4wf.gif

Hey Tommy a.k.a Sweden Red !

Great to meet you at the Notts Forest game.

Next time you must meet my friend, long time City fan who lived in Stockholm for many years married to a Swedish lady - now divorced and he is back in the UK. He was three seats away from you in A block Dolman Stand ! He speaks fluent Swedish and would have liked to talk to you - in Swedish of course.

Let me know via this forum next time you are coming to a home game and we will arrange to meet you in our pub - The Merchants Arms (Hotwells) before the game.

Hey Tommy a.k.a Sweden Red !

Great to meet you at the Notts Forest game.

Next time you must meet my friend, long time City fan who lived in Stockholm for many years married to a Swedish lady - now divorced and he is back in the UK. He was three seats away from you in A block Dolman Stand ! He speaks fluent Swedish and would have liked to talk to you - in Swedish of course.

Let me know via this forum next time you are coming to a home game and we will arrange to meet you in our pub - The Merchants Arms (Hotwells) before the game.

Nice plug Red... howz the food over there? Don't forget to add some Ligonberry Jam as a garnish to your steaks; those Swedes will love you for that!

I presume this is the same Scandinavian contingent we bumped into in the Paddington Arms before the QPR debacle a couple of seasons ago when Agyemang ripped us apart and they beat us 3-0. Now what happened to that player we saw that day?

The Scandinavian contingent we bumped into are very passionate about City and what they know about our history is very impressive.

There are a few Thai City fans in Bangkok, a few expats plus me also for 6 months of the year. Although not a good time to be wearing a Red shirt. Unless of course Thaksin plucked you from a paddy field, gave you 500 bhat, a free red shirt and transport to Bangkok to cause trouble, then it's perfectly OK.

Sorry BristolCity Sweden. I called you Sweden Red in the original post on this thread but I think everyone has worked out that you are one and the same.

Come to think of it, Sweden Red would have been a bit snappier don't you think ?

Interesting to see where we do have fans around the world. There will be a lot more when (not if please) we get into the Premier League - just in time for the first season in the new stadium would be fantastic.

Sorry BristolCity Sweden. I called you Sweden Red in the original post on this thread but I think everyone has worked out that you are one and the same.

Come to think of it, Sweden Red would have been a bit snappier don't you think ?

Interesting to see where we do have fans around the world. There will be a lot more when (not if please) we get into the Premier League - just in time for the first season in the new stadium would be fantastic.

No problem mate. Will get in touch next we come over. Will be for the home game on the 23rd or 30th of October. The Merchants Arms sounds great. Have stayed at Nova Scotia before so know where it is .

Cheers

Tommy

Archived