IGNORED

How Much Do You Reckon Sl Will Give For Transfers?

Sampson City Reds

With this site tonight talking about Coppell and Lansdown have met and a deal has been agreed for him to become the next manager of the club.

I reckon Coppell is going to want a bit of dough in the summer so he can start building his own team ready for next season and Im sure this would have been discussed in that meeting and Im sure Lansdown would have giving him insurances on how much money he will make available on transfers in the summer.

I think we could see alot of comings and goings this summer so I reckon Lansdown could give Coppell some where between 2-3 million in funds and what ever he makes on players sold on! What do you guys think?

With this site tonight talking about Coppell and Lansdown have met and a deal has been agreed for him to become the next manager of the club.

I reckon Coppell is going to want a bit of dough in the summer so he can start building his own team ready for next season and Im sure this would have been discussed in that meeting and Im sure Lansdown would have giving him insurances on how much money he will make available on transfers in the summer.

I think we could see alot of comings and goings this summer so I reckon Lansdown could give Coppell some where between 2-3 million in funds and what ever he makes on players sold on! What do you guys think?

I THINK ONE THING IS A CERTINTY. A SMALL MIDFIELDER WILL NOT BE WITH US NEXT SEASON. HE WILL FOLLOW HIS DAD.AND I DONT THINK MILLEN WILL STAY IF COPPELL IS NUMBER 1.I THINK HE WILL FOLLOW GJ

If the Coppell rumors are true then that shows SL has decided to go for it.

So if true then I can't see us getting that much for the players that will leave, some going to join GJ a defo.

I'd say that SL will have to have at least 5 Mill if not 10 available to get us the players to get us challenging for promotion.

Why employ someone like Coppell then only give him peanuts to spend?

SL CAN afford it and this time I reckon he will go for it BIG time.

With the new ground looming we need the players on the pitch to put bums on seats.

I THINK ONE THING IS A CERTINTY. A SMALL MIDFIELDER WILL NOT BE WITH US NEXT SEASON. HE WILL FOLLOW HIS DAD.AND I DONT THINK MILLEN WILL STAY IF COPPELL IS NUMBER 1.I THINK HE WILL FOLLOW GJ

I think that is incorrect.

But yes, LJ probably will leave, but not to follow his dad. I see him ending up at some dead-end Championship team ie Coventry or Derby...

We do need some more quality in depth in our midfield, we must certainly get a couple in, maybe another wide man.

I think that if we keep Jamie Mac, he can move into a defensive midfield role as he's starting to slow and become less effective at LB/LWB. He could be a good player in the centre alongside Hartley.

I think that if we keep Jamie Mac, he can move into a defensive midfield role as he's starting to slow and become less effective at LB/LWB. He could be a good player in the centre alongside Hartley.

WTF? Think we've got far better players for the middle of the park. JM surely has to be on the list to leave, really showing his age this season.

He wont give anything, no matter who signs. In terms of interviews and negotiations im sure he would make it clear funds would be available but as always it will be as it was under GJ, "come to me with the name of a player thats needed and a price and i will see what i can do" SL fully backed GJ and id expect the same for the new man.

I think that is incorrect.

But yes, LJ probably will leave, but not to follow his dad. I see him ending up at some dead-end Championship team ie Coventry or Derby...

We do need some more quality in depth in our midfield, we must certainly get a couple in, maybe another wide man.

Surely we have enough central midfielders?

If Coppell was to get the job I can see a few players being moved out. Let's face it, he won't have the same loyalty to a core group like GJ - everyone will have to prove themselves again. As for spending, SL has always been cautious - it's not like he's going to suddenly plough £8-10m in transfers. It'll be interesting to see where the new boss identifies our weaknesses...

If Coppell was to get the job I can see a few players being moved out. Let's face it, he won't have the same loyalty to a core group like GJ - everyone will have to prove themselves again. As for spending, SL has always been cautious - it's not like he's going to suddenly plough £8-10m in transfers. It'll be interesting to see where the new boss identifies our weaknesses...

I agree that SL has been pretty cautious in the past. I just have a sneaky feeling that he will splash the cash big time. We can't be fannying around anymore if we want to go places. SL will not want a new stadium only a third full. We need some class on the pitch to get more people to come and watch.

Really?

With our current formation, what midfield quality do we have to come on?

Lee Johnson

Evander Sno

Ivan Sproule

That doesn't look good to me.

LJ - Just please leave, is a liability and doesn't help us in our 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation.

Sno - he's been a big let down for a player who possesses so much potential ability.

Ivan Sproule - Good to come on at the end but rarely poses a threat/lacks quality.

You have to look at our whole squad, let alone our bench and ask:

'which other teams in this league would want to buy our players?'

My answer is not many:

Henderson

Ribeiro

Fontaine

Elliott (on his day)

Skuse

Hartley

JCR

Maynard

That hardly shows a lot of promise, we need more quality in depth, simple as.

SL will never just go and give a manager set budget of say £5million and say "go on mate, g and buy some players" He'll do the "come to me, we'll assess the player, the finance, and team gain, and I'll support you in getting that player"

You're a fool if you think he's suddenly going to change!

He wont give anything, no matter who signs. In terms of interviews and negotiations im sure he would make it clear funds would be available but as always it will be as it was under GJ, "come to me with the name of a player thats needed and a price and i will see what i can do" SL fully backed GJ and id expect the same for the new man.

I tend to agree, given SL's record. But would Coppell want to join on that basis? It doesn't add up for me.

Coppell would want at least some degree of securitry on funds?

I tend to agree, given SL's record. But would Coppell want to join on that basis? It doesn't add up for me.

Coppell would want at least some degree of securitry on funds?

The security is there. Steve has only got to point to the new stadium and the way he is financing that largely out of his own pocket to demonstrate his weath/commitment.

The No 1 reason why Coppell will come - if he does - is the fact that Steve Lansdown is a dead ringer, financially and in terms of ambition, for John Madjeski, who Coppell thrived under at Reading. If anything, Steve is Madjeski with knobs on - the World Cup bid, the size of Bristol V size of Reading etc all point to us being able to not only get promoted but to actually establish ourselves in mid-table in the Prem.

The security is there. Steve has only got to point to the new stadium and the way he is financing that largely out of his own pocket to demonstrate his weath/commitment.

The No 1 reason why Coppell will come - if he does - is the fact that Steve Lansdown is a dead ringer, financially and in terms of ambition, for John Madjeski, who Coppell thrived under at Reading. If anything, Steve is Madjeski with knobs on - the World Cup bid, the size of Bristol V size of Reading etc all point to us being able to not only get promoted but to actually establish ourselves in mid-table in the Prem.

I agree with all that MH. Just thought a rough figure would have been mentioned at some point.

Archived