IGNORED

Saturdays Ref

Zider_I_Up_Landlord

Oh dear, two dodgy officials for saturday.

"Referee Mike Dean has been demoted from officiating in the Premier League this weekend. Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson called his performance "poor" in their 2-1 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday, while Dean also awarded Blackburn a questionable penalty in their 1-0 win over Burnley the week before.

Simon Beck, who failed to flag Didier Drogba offside for Chelsea's second goal, has also been demoted and both will officiate at Bristol City this weekend. (Daily Mail)"

ziul

Perhaps they could get Ferguson to ref a game,i'm sick to death of him moaning about refs. When are the FA going to stand up to him.

Completely agree - everything that is wrong with football nowadays.

refs are not allowed to criticise managers so why should managers be allowed to criticise refs - that's our job!

Case of tail wagging the dog.

Mike Dean at home to Birmingham City in 99 (same game when Trevor Francis clipped that steward) is the single worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. I was amazed he made it to the Premier League (where commentators spent several seasons praising him) and even more amazed that when he gets found out we have to have him back.

If I recall from 99 his job was given as poultry waste manager. So he's in charge of chicken ****.

Oh dear, two dodgy officials for saturday.

"Referee Mike Dean has been demoted from officiating in the Premier League this weekend. Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson called his performance "poor" in their 2-1 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday, while Dean also awarded Blackburn a questionable penalty in their 1-0 win over Burnley the week before.

Simon Beck, who failed to flag Didier Drogba offside for Chelsea's second goal, has also been demoted and both will officiate at Bristol City this weekend. (Daily Mail)"

ziul

Brilliant! There should be about 9807 penalties then!

This is one of my great bugbears.

If said officials have ****** up in the PL over a period of time- do not demote them to the level below, especially at this critical stage of the season!! I remember in 2008, Rob Styles missed a clear penalty at Ashton Gate v Sheffield United after he had been demoted for a string of bad performances. I hope the same does not happen Saturday.

I actually disagree with a lot of the views on here. I actually think Mike Dean is a very capable ref. If you want incompetence you need look no further than the one we had down the gate against Forest.

Mike Dean flaws are only shown because of the TV it happens every week something the ref does we wont agree with, I am very happy to have a top class ref. rather than some of the dire ones we get (T.Kettle springs to mind).

The one thing I do notice when we do have a Premier League ref. is that the game is allowed to flow more.

Can't really see what mike dean did wrong apart from the two pen appeals ( which he was never going to give, because all week the media were saying he gives the most pen etc etc) tho I only saw the 1st half and a replay of Chelsea's 2nd which was the lino fault.

Anyho what happened to ref & lino about the goal that never was, didn't hear them dropping down a division?

To be honest these days I dont think it matters who the referee is or what their history is.

Generally I tend to find ALL refs unpredictable and inconsistent which is whats wrong with the state of officials at the moment.

Mike Dean had a bad game last weekend, he might come to Ashton Gate and have a great game. Same as on another day we might have a ref who has recently been very good and ref our match and have a shocker.

Its all just pure luck on the day.

Archived