IGNORED

Managerial Newcomer - A Possibility

TobysDad

In a quiet moment and with nothing to do (and the sun shining) I thought I'd trawl through the forum and see who might be in the frame - will it be Millen - good job in recent weeks, turned things around - Curbishley - with his much talked about property dealings in Bristol - Dave Jones - who might walk if and when PwC are appointed later in the year - or S O'D when promotion is no longer an option.

And then whilst watching the BBC news a name came to me - a bit like the TV talks to Alex Drake in Ashes to Ashes. That name was Brown......

Brown I thought?

Wes? No he's got a job.

And anyway it needs to be someone who can manage and motivate those around him - no backbiting from the benches. Someone who can demonstrate sound financial sense and a good degree of prudence. Someone who can engage with the followers and take them with him in whatever direction he decides he wants to go.......

And then I realised why SL has said that KM can have the job until there are only two games left. Then with only a couple of more weeks there will be a Brown that will be without a team to manage, and who can demonstrate all the qualities that are needed.

It came to me - deep breath, stand back - it'll be Gordon.

Imagine the scene. Last game of the season, nice Bank Holiday trip to Blackpool - did that a couple of years ago with the lady who became TobysMum - stayed in the big red brick hotel overlooking the seafront. Went up with great expectations and ended up on the end of a defeat, saw Tony Thorpe score what might have been his last for us, saw lots of tattoo parlours, DSS B&Bs, drunken stag and hen parties - amazed at how ladies can fall out of taxis with their skirts up round their waists and yet still hold their glass upright - anyway, back to the end of season party - and imagine the great man leading the team out.

Nice dark managerial suit, shiny shoes, and a red and white scarf festooned round his neck. Post match interview and in front of the world's press - 'cos I'd guess there would be quite a few there to take the story - our GB says it was the only job he ever wanted.............

Anyway, I'll have 50p on that.

Gordon Brown will be the man. You heard it here first.

Got to go now, kitchen floor to mop before TobysMum and the 3 young 'uns get back from the inlaws.

You realy had me worried at the start, I thought you were talking about PHIL BROWN..... now that really would be bad!!

Gordon would be fantastic!!

We would be in the news all the time so our interest rate would rise...

Think about all those taxing training sessions....

He would be straight in and sign that Swedish striker Fiscal stimuli...

and..... Our new tea lady would be Prudence!!

Sorry..... coat, get, go......blushing.gif

Actually - not a bad idea.

He has a great C.V

He sold over one third of our gold bullion reserves at the bottom of the market (gold has trebled in price since) so he should be good in the transfer market.

He spent billions "investing in" public services without much noticeable improvement so should have no problem spending SL's money paying players too much.

He ruined our private pensions by removing the dividend tax credit causing lots of people to switch savings to schemes operated by Hargreaves Lansdown so he should get on famously with the Chairman.

His well known foul temper will come in handy when half time "hair dryer" treatment is required in the dressing room.

Bring him on !! As you say - he will soon be looking for a job, the timing is perfect.

You realy had me worried at the start, I thought you were talking about PHIL BROWN..... now that really would be bad!!

Gordon would be fantastic!!

We would be in the news all the time so our interest rate would rise...

Think about all those taxing training sessions....

He would be straight in and sign that Swedish striker Fiscal stimuli...

and..... Our new tea lady would be Prudence!!

Not forgetting that he would tell us all to get behind his new signing - the world class Spanish striker - Henejuan Butt de Torres

Sorry..... coat, get, go......blushing.gif

He would put al his faith in his new signing - the world class Spanish striker Ne Juan butt de Torres

Thought you also might like to know that the Vileda mop I bought at B&Q made the kitchen floor come up a treat. Had difficulty working out how to wring it out but once I got to grips with the handle thing and how that wrings out the mop thing it worked really well.

And TobysMum was impressed - not only did I sand the kitchen worktops I tidied up the mess I made. Well, in the way that only a man can.

And Phil Brown - good one - I got fed up thinking of Browns and could only think of Wes.

Or was that the only name that came out of the telly as I was watching the lunchtime news and settling down for a bit of Deal or No Deal.

It came to me - deep breath, stand back - it'll be Gordon.

Anyway, I'll have 50p on that.

Gordon Brown will be the man. You heard it here first.

If it means he gives up being PM he gets my vote just as long as he walks after the first 5 minutes in the job. I think he would be a good dustman though.

Archived