IGNORED

City V Hartlepool

Bristol Boy

If asked the question, you can have a draw or play the game,what would you have said?

I'd have said yes, partucularly given DW's prepencity for negativity.

Man for Man we are a better team than Hartlepool but they could (not should) have beaten us by two goals last night.

Well done to the 668 that went.

That being said we SHOULD have sold out, even given City's usual ##### up over ticket sales.From Thursday morning, we had almost 300 tickets left for sale and we didn't sell them.

So lets's cut the excuses, if you really wanted to go, you could have, even if it was on CATS.If you can't afford that, had a wedding, holiday etc then fair enough, but 668 out of 18,000 and 8,500 Season Ticket Holders is a bit off.

Having said that, Sunderland who have 30,000 gates and 15,000 Season Ticket Holders, only took 1,200 to Palace so the timing HAS got a lot to do with it.

Overall, I thought we played quite well in the first half, but our habit of conceding to many free kicks caused us problems, particularly with a crap referee.

Second half, particularly after TD's departure, we did our usual and sat back whilst giving the ball away.That invites pressure and anyone can score a wonder goal (Fallon at Swindon) or make a mistake (Coles, Phillips, Carey, last night)

If you saw Brightons performance at Swindon, they didn't concede lots of corners and didn't allow Swindon's full backs to pepper the box with crosses by "squeezing play"

Woodman was completely out of position and looked it.The kids a good left back who DW dropped to accommodate Butler/Hill,when he was in outstanding form. Play him LB or don't play him Danny.

PHILLIPS: 8/10 The cock up between him, Coles & Carey for the goal was his only blemish, apart from the penalty.Yes it was, in my view the only reason the ref may not have given it, was the attackers first touch was to strong and he was going away from goal......That or he was a crap bottler! Either way I'm glad.

CAREY: 7/10 At least tried to pass it and apart from the goal an excellent defensive performance.

BUTLER:7/10 Good performance and an excellent pass to LP for the our goal.

COLES:6/10 Dispossed for the goal and his passing wasn't great.

HILL: 7/10 Solid in defence but gave the ball away to much.Woodman wasn't much help to him, when in possesion.

ROUGIER:7/10 Not as many of his trademark runs but some Hartlepool fans I spoke to afterwards though he was excellent.Well taken goal but faded to to lack of possesion in the second half.

TINNION:6/10 Didn't dominate midfield or create as he can, but worked hard.

DOHERTY:6/10 See Tinnion but we missed him when he was subbed.

WOODMAN:4/10 Sorry son but we don't need two left backs.I don't blame the kid, I blame DW.

PEACOCK:6/10 Lacked support throughout, but a superb cross for Rougiers goal and, as usual worked his socks off......impressed the Hartlepool fans, as well!

ROBERTS:5/10 Completely fluffed his chance that could have won us the game and didn't contribute enough throughout.

MURRAY:5/10 Didn't see enough of the ball

BURNELL: 4/10 Not a midfield player.Can't pass, can't shoot..All been said before.

Archived