IGNORED

Sat Behind Robin Hulbert

headhunter

During half time at Villa Park yesterday I noticed a guy sat in front of me who looked like Robin Hulbert ... when I asked him it was and we had a good natter !!

I began by saying for what it's worth I thought he was treated like poo by DW and his response was tactful and diplomatic.

He said he'll be at the gate on Wednesday and still keeps in touch with some of the lads, particularly Tommy and Mike Stowell.

He said the squad was good and had long term potential with the style of football suited to div. 1 after 1 or 2 acquisitions.

I probed further on how he felt about leaving and he said injuries happened a couple of times just as he was establishing himself. He thought he had a good pre-season in 2003 and though in the starting line up for the Leeds friendly it was blatantly obvious that DW [absent as usual at this time !!!!] had his line up fixed in his mind, "Burnell is one of his favourites".

Hulbert COULD and SHOULD have played alongside Tommy barring injuries. Whilst not outstanding there was sufficient there in the times I saw him play that showed he had Burnells grit and determination but could actually play a forward pass something that that talentless Burnell cannot do.

Just for the record I dashed back to AG and watched the 2nd half on the Dolman big screen

I think 1 or 2 additions is being bl00dy diplomatic, in my view.

I spent a pleasant day driving to Hartlepool and home via Sheffield on the way back, where my passenger treated me to a quality Chinese Meal!

Result OK.

Performance?

See my posting.

Stowell hasn't played a league game all year.........wonder how he fancies a come back at the Millenium, if we get there, because he could have had one!!

If we can get a decent lead, I hope DW considers that!

Did you talk to him about his current situation ?

Telford United are in big financial trouble and need to cut their wage bill if they're going to survive. He's one of the Telford United players who refused to have his contract bought out by the club. As a result Telford are going to be lucky to survive next season because they wont have enough money to pay the players they have on their books.

Its hard to blame the players because they want to get payed the money theyre owed, but I'm surprised Hulbert didnt take the money and leave like some of the other players did. I think he could easily get a third division club if he decided to leave.

Archived