IGNORED

Team For Wednesday

Bristol Boy

4-4-2

.........................................Phillips.................................................................

Carey.........................Coles.......................Butler..............................Hill..........

Murray........................Doherty....................Tinnion............................Rougier...

..................................Roberts......................Peacock.....................................

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Miller

Wilkshire

Fortune

Hartlepool are good going forward, but are slow and unsure on the ball at the back.We need to attack the channels with CR and draw them out so we can play balls in behind for Murray.

If we score two goals, we'll win and, touching wood as I type, we haven't lost a home game we've scored in.

Peacocks due a hat trick, never mind a goal.

We could even play Woodman at LB and move Matt Hill inside, dropping Butler, as they're not a tall side.

I don't think we need to and playing four attacking players whilst maintaining our solid defence will do the trick.

Guest dez_gimred

YES!

thats 100% correct...we were all screaming that yesterday!

why wont wilson play the team thats best for city????

i saw him yesterday after he arrived at the ground...if i knew what team he was planning i would have bottled him!

:whistle:

4-4-2

.........................................Phillips.................................................................

Carey.........................Coles.......................Butler..............................Hill..........

Murray........................Doherty....................Tinnion............................Rougier...

..................................Roberts......................Peacock.....................................

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Miller

Wilkshire

Fortune

Hartlepool are good going forward, but are slow and unsure on the ball at the back.We need to attack the channels with CR and draw them out so we can play balls in behind for Murray.

If we score two goals, we'll win and, touching wood as I type, we haven't lost a home game we've scored in.

We could even play Woodman at LB and move Matt Hill inside, dropping Butler, as they're not a tall side.

I don't think we need to and playing four attacking players whilst maintaining our solid defence will do the trick.

Agree with that, but I don't think DW will start with that side. I reakon he will play Rouge on the right and stick Bell in (if fit) or Wilkshire in the middle with Scotty on the bench. If we are level or worse in the second half, stick Scotty in on the right and move Rouge to the left - yes he's right footed but he can do a job on either flank.

Agree with that, but I don't think DW will start with that side. I reakon he will play Rouge on the right and stick Bell in (if fit) or Wilkshire in the middle with Scotty on the bench. If we are level or worse in the second half, stick Scotty in on the right and move Rouge to the left - yes he's right footed but he can do a job on either flank.
Bell's done his knee ligaments.

You won't see him this season.

I would agree with your team. Its attacking and has alot of pace in it. If only danny could see that :whistle: :@
I think Danny will see it! Well I freeeeking well hope he does anyway!!! I would like to think he picked the defensive side yesterday because we were away and needed to avoid defeat. At home he should be more confident and see that Bristol Boy's line up is the RIGHT ONE!!!!

Guest Bristol_Babe

Agree with majority...

Though Miller or Lita should start instead of the Cock... I'm turning into a Leapy Hater L@L

Guest Coles'Gal
Though Miller or Lita should start instead of the Cock... I'm turning into a Leapy Hater L@L

Why do you hate Lee PEAcock? if this is just bias nonsense then :@ :whistle: to you :P

Guest Bristol_Babe

and not bias... just think the bloke needs a rest and a chance to be competed with... he knows full well his name is on the teamsheet every week with Philips...

Guest Georgeformbygrill
4-4-2

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Miller

Wilkshire

Fortune

Agree with that team, also don't know why people are complaining about the team DW put out yesterday! there was no need to go for it in the first leg. We got a good result and now we'll finish the job at AG.

Why do you hate Lee PEAcock? if this is just bias nonsense then :@ :whistle: to you :P

Isnt it obvious enough?? He's bloody useless and he plays every single game , okay thats not his fault but if any of our other strikers (apart from mathews) had started the amount of games he had they would have scored 20+ goalse , his goals per game ratio is just not up to standard and its really frustrating that wilson is oblivious to it. :wacko:

Guest Coles'Gal

ok ok i see your point but dont you think just taking a stab at him and only him is stupid? clearly DW is making "other" bad dicisions?? :whistle:

Looks like a good line up - but it leaves us vulnerable to counter attack. I'd go Tins on the left, Wilks in the middle. Danny will play same again as Saturday and make an attacking substitution after 30 minutes if we're losing or 65 minutes if still level.

4-4-2

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Miller

Wilkshire

Fortune

i 100% agree with this team,

though if tommy is unfit play this one,

...phillips...

...carey....coles....butler.....hill...

...murray......tinnion......peacock/caskey....rouger....

..........miller..........roberts......

subs

stowell

lita

wilkshire

fortune

caskey/peacock

Guest Lockerman

...........................................PHILLIPS....................................................

CAREY.................BUTLER ......................COLES...........................HILL

PEACOCK...................DOHERTY.................TINNION.....................ROUGIER

...................................MILLER...........................ROBERTS.......................

I think that Peacock could do a job in midfield with Roberts and Miller up front, the amount of work that Peacock puts in is enormous, and could well pop up with a goal by playing behind the front two.

As for Murray, I believe that on his present form he is not good enough, I know everybody thinks that he is some sort of God, but face it his form isn't good enough, in all the games that I have seen him come on as sub since he has been back, he has done nothing, and you are talking about moving Tony R to the other wing which is foriegn to him just to to be able to play Murray to me that would be a bad move.

Will probably be slated for suggesting that Murray isn't good enough, But I do believe that had DW and SL know how good Tony R was going to be they would not have wasted their money on Scotty, sorry but i belive that is is fact.

Subs.

Lita

Caskey

Wilkshire

Fortune

Murray

Guest Lockerman

RE: Team For Wednesday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry thought I had better put TR on the correct wing position.

...........................................PHILLIPS....................................................

CAREY.................BUTLER ......................COLES...........................HILL

ROUGIER...................DOHERTY.................TINNION.....................PEACOCK

...................................MILLER...........................ROBERTS.......................

I think that Peacock could do a job in midfield with Roberts and Miller up front, the amount of work that Peacock puts in is enormous, and could well pop up with a goal by playing behind the front two.

As for Murray, I believe that on his present form he is not good enough, I know everybody thinks that he is some sort of God, but face it his form isn't good enough, in all the games that I have seen him come on as sub since he has been back, he has done nothing, and you are talking about moving Tony R to the other wing which is foriegn to him just to to be able to play Murray to me that would be a bad move.

Will probably be slated for suggesting that Murray isn't good enough, But I do believe that had DW and SL know how good Tony R was going to be they would not have wasted their money on Scotty, sorry but i belive that is is fact.

Subs.

Lita

Caskey

Wilkshire

Fortune

Murray

Guest worle-red
4-4-2

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Miller

Wilkshire

Fortune

i would go for that team but wilson won't play that cos he won't play murray and rougier together he'll probably play woodman or goodfellow

Isnt it obvious enough?? He's bloody useless and he plays every single game , okay thats not his fault but if any of our other strikers (apart from mathews) had started the amount of games he had they would have scored 20+ goalse , his goals per game ratio is just not up to standard and its really frustrating that wilson is oblivious to it. :D
The answer is all the strikers, excluding Lita, have crap goals per game ratio's as do ALL the midfielders, excluding AB & MG.

Millers is something like 1 in 4

Doherty/Tinnion/Wilkshire 1 in 17/18

Bell 0/20

LP's only advantage is his physical presence and his workrate.

If we get promoted they'll ALL have to go.

As for DW it always takes him 20 games to see what we can see in 2 :@

I'm thinking maybe the right time for a postmortem or examination of the players performance is when our season is over. Then, I'm sure there are some fair minded statisticians amongst us who will probably provide us with some interesting, and surprising facts. ( I seem to remember a while ago, goals per time on the pitch, surprised me).

The truly dedicated players at the Club will I'm sure be the first to put their hands up and agree they have not done as well as they would have wanted this season, though in their cases it will not have been for the want of trying.

For the time being, lets get behind the whole team till," the fat lady sings", just as you did on Saturday.

Considering how out-numbered you were - You were AWESOME

I'm thinking maybe the right time for a postmortem or examination of the players performance is when our season is over. Then, I'm sure there are some fair minded statisticians amongst us who will probably provide us with some interesting, and surprising facts. ( I seem to remember a while ago, goals per time on the pitch, surprised me).

The truly dedicated players at the Club will I'm sure be the first to put their hands up and agree they have not done as well as they would have wanted this season, though in their cases it will not have been for the want of trying.

For the time being, lets get behind the whole team till," the fat lady sings", just as you did on Saturday.

Considering how out-numbered you were - You were AWESOME

Sorry Granny, but the time to get it right is on Weds or the season will be well and truly over, along with a few careers!!

Sorry Granny, but the time to get it right is on Weds or the season will be well and truly over, along with a few careers!!

Being a strong woman, there are many things in life that I have control over :D but one thing is for sure, when we state our opinions on this Forum, some agree, some disagree, such is life.

At the end of the day (Wednesday) none of these opinions matter a jot, as the team and tactics will be chosen by the 2 men who have done so all season.

We will not be held accountable for our opinions, whereas they will for their decisions. I for one don't envy them their position.

No matter the result , it won't take long for the knives to come out , for players, management and even the board :D

True to say we have all been dissapointed at times with the teams performance, even though it could never have matched our expectations at the start of the season.

At the risk of repeating myself - We should now get behind the whole team, no matter who is playing, and become that 12th man, which could just make the difference. :Party27:

At the end of the day (Wednesday) none of these opinions matter a jot, as the team and tactics will be chosen by the 2 men who have done so all season.

We will not be held accountable for our opinions, whereas they will for their decisions.  I for one don't envy them their position.

couldn't agree more - whilst many of us on here choose our teams, subs etc, would we really want to be the ones in charge at a time like this?

No matter the result , it won't take long for the knives to come out , for players, management and even the board

Absolutely spot on - been building up all season I would say, I am sure people will be on here immediately if we lose calling for manager, players etc to leave/be sacked, as they have been all season (not a criticism, just a comment).

True to say we have all been dissapointed at times with the teams performance, even though it could never have matched our expectations at the start of the season.

I think that pretty much sums it up - huge expectations as ever, helped by 5-0 win on opening day of season, but never quite matched since (Brighton away being the possible exception)! Yet we are still in with a chance of promotion - get it right tomorrow and then a massive game in Cardiff :ph34r: It's not over yet!

Archived