IGNORED

Vote For Your Player Of The Year

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

The Supporters Club has been running the Player of the Year award since the 1970/71 season (when the winner was Gerry Sharpe). This year, the Supporters Trust has joined forces with the Supporters Club to offer all fans the chance to vote for the winner of this and the Young Player of Year awards via mobile phone.

You can vote by texting, e.g. CITYPOY99 (to vote for squad number 99 as Player of the Year) or CITYYPOY99 (to vote for that squad number as Young Player of the Year0 to the usual Man of the Match number, i.e. 60060.

Full details here.

Texts cost 50p plus your normal SMS rate and all profits go to the Atyeo statue fund. Closing date: April 30th. Winners announced at the End of Year Awards do on May 7th.

Who gets your votes?

PS: New option - VOTE ONLINE

• SC&T Board Members

Any chance of a list of players who come in the young category please?

Any player who had not reached his 23rd birthday by the first day of the league season is eligible for the Young Player of the Year award.

Having had a look at the dates of birth on the OS, I reckon that the players in the current squad who fall into that age group AND have played in the first team this season are:

10 Maynard

16 Akinde

19 Ribeiro

29 Sno

30 Henderson

31 Haynes

32 Nyatanga

Take your pick and text CITYYPOY plus the relevant squad number to 60060!

Skuse and Maynard for me.

Good as Ribeiro has been you cant possibly give him an award when he's played 3 games.

Sorry forgot maynard was included in young player, so yes agree he is young player, but for pure effort and playing for the shirt and with goals and some skill, danny haynes gets player of year for me

For me though, Skuse has come on a massive amount this season from last. He's been here years now, chipping away week in week out, and I think he finally deserves recognition for the efforts he has put in, and the player he has finally become this season. He is my player of the year.

Young player I think I would give to Haynes because Nicky Maynard will get the award for the goals scored this season.

In Order For A Player To Qualify For Young Player Of The Year Award He Must Be Under 23 Years Of Age From The Beginning/Start Of The Football League Season Up Until Day After The Awards Show To Be Eligible For The Young Player Of The Year Award.

I have gone through All Player Profiles to see D.O.B etc and

The List FOR YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR Award is:

Akinde

Sproule

J Wilson

Ribeiro

Ryce

all other Players are aged 23 years of age and Older so techincally making them not eligable for The Young Player Of The Year Award.

Sproule is too old by a couple of years, Campbell Ryce is also too old.

You've missed out Maynard (who wasn't 23 until December 09 - after the season had started) and Sno who only turned 23 last week. You've also forgotten Henderson, Haynes and Nyatanga.

They can all be voted for as YPOY.

• SC&T Board Members

In Order For A Player To Qualify For Young Player Of The Year Award He Must Be Under 23 Years Of Age From The Beginning/Start Of The Football League Season Up Until Day After The Awards Show To Be Eligible For The Young Player Of The Year Award.

I have gone through All Player Profiles to see D.O.B etc and

Akinde

Sproule

J Wilson

Ribeiro

Ryce

all other Players are aged 23 years of age and Older so techincally making them not eligable for The Young Player Of The Year Award.

Hi ScottMurray23,

Not sure where you got that quote from ... maybe it relates to a previous year.

For this year the Supporters Club (and, after all, it's their award) has agreed that any player who had not reached their 23rd birthday by the first day of the 2009/10 league season is eligible for the young player award.

The eligible players are thus as shown in red in the list on the Trust website

Keep those votes coming ... the voting for young player of the year, in particular, is very close!

Sproule is too old by a couple of years, Campbell Ryce is also too old.

You've missed out Maynard (who wasn't 23 until December 09 - after the season had started) and Sno who only turned 23 last week. You've also forgotten Henderson, Haynes and Nyatanga.

They can all be voted for as YPOY.

yes and the Supporters Club said and I quote ''Players can't have reached their 23rd Birthdays by the start of the league season to be eligable for the award'' which means that my list missed some players my apologies everyone and I apologise for being incorrect.

Fountaine

Clarkson

Maynard

Skuse

Akinde

J Wilson

Ribeiro

Artus

Gerken

Plummer

Jackson

Kington

Edwards

Sno

Henderson

Hayes

Nyatanga

Sawyer

• SC&T Board Members

yes and the Supporters Club said and I quote ''Players can't have reached their 23rd Birthdays by the start of the league season to be eligable for the award'' which means that my list missed some players my apologies everyone and I apologise for being incorrect.

Fontaine DOB 07/01/1986 therefore had passed his 23rd birthday by start of season

Clarkson DOB 10/09/1985 therefore as above

Maynard

Skuse DOB 29/03/1986 therefore as above

Akinde

J Wilson (correct age group, but has not played)

Ribeiro

Artus (correct age group, but has not played)

Gerken DOB 22/05/1985 therefore had passed his 23rd birthday by start of season

Plummer (correct age group, but has not played)

Jackson (correct age group, but has not played)

Kington (correct age group, but has not played)

Edwards (correct age group, but has not played)

Sno

Henderson

Haynes

Nyatanga

Sawyer DOB 05/07/1985 so had passed his 23rd birthday by start of season (has also not played yet)

Sorry, not quite right again:

See corrections in bold and brackets above.

Please see post 3 above for the list of 7 players who fall into the age category AND have also turned out for the first team this season (there's little point, really, in listing players who have not played).

Anyway, who would you pick? Have you voted yet?

Archived