IGNORED

At The Edge.

Guest Harry May

Guest Harry May

So , it goes right to the wire. Our whole season , and alot of players' futures , will all ride on 1 night of football on Wednesday . From our 5-0 win over County last August ,to our 2-1 win over Blackpool last week it will all count for nothing if we screw up on wednesday. The highs of our fantastic winning run , the victories over QPR, Plymouth , Swindon and Brighton , being top of the league when we beat Grimsby - all will count for zero if the lads fail on wednesday. The City must rise to the occasion and handle the pressure. It is time to deliver.

Anybody expecting a good game of football will be disappointed. It is going to be tense , nervous and very tight. In a life time of supporting City , I have never seen us win a play-off game.

But this Wednesday is going to be different. If the fans get behind the boys ( like they did against QPR and Plymouth ) and we play how we all know we can . We will win. It wo n't be pretty , it wo n't be nice - but I honestly believe we will win.

We , the supporters , have a huge role to play. We must get behind the boys from the first whistle to the final whistle.We must be loud , hostile and vociferous.

We can do it.

Caldicot Red.

So , it goes right to the wire. Our whole season , and alot of players' futures , will all ride on 1 night of football on Wednesday . From our 5-0 win over County last August ,to our 2-1 win over Blackpool last week it will all count for nothing if we screw up on wednesday. The highs of our fantastic winning run , the victories over QPR, Plymouth , Swindon and Brighton , being top of the league when we beat Grimsby - all will count for zero if the lads fail on wednesday. The City must rise to the occasion and handle the pressure. It is time to deliver.

Anybody expecting a good game of football will be disappointed. It is going to be tense , nervous and very tight. In a life time of supporting City , I have never seen us win a play-off game.

But this Wednesday is going to be different. If the fans get behind the boys ( like they did against QPR and Plymouth ) and we play how we all know we can . We will win. It wo n't be pretty , it wo n't be nice - but I honestly believe we will win.

We , the supporters , have a huge role to play. We must get behind the boys from the first whistle to the final whistle.We must be loud , hostile and vociferous.

We can do it.

Caldicot Red.

AMEN! :whistle:

Guest East-Ender

Excellent post. So all you ciderheads going on tuesday sink a few pre-match bevvies to settle the nerves:Party3: :Party3: then sing your hearts out for the lads.:whistle::wacko: ######ing nerves have started already 3 more days left :D:D:o:D:baa::clap:

Guest N1 Jim

Great post Harry.

We must get behind the team from the start on Wed nite and make it a special atmos like against Plymouth.

Everyone forget about the usual negativity and the Bristolian moan. Let's all put in 100% and do it together.

Will be tight and lets not book the limo for Cardiff just yet.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM EVERYONE.

As others say, great post, but I disagree slightly. It's not all about Wed night. Even if we win, we're only in the final and that's a lottery.

It's all about getting promotion and if we don't then the County-through-Blackpool games were a waste of time.

Guest Harry May

The thing is though Chivs , if we do n't win on Wednesday , we wo n't even get to the Millstad. A day out at The Millstad , with all the revenue that brings in to our club , would be another hurdle for us to jump. But first we have to get past Hartlepool.Should we beat the Monkey Hangers we will all have to go through it again - on a bigger scale !

Bristol Boy , I got married in '88 and was away on my honeymoon when City were in the play-offs - is that the game you are referring to ?

Caldicot Red.

Nick, have you been able to rearrange your shifts or will it be the radio for you tomorrow night? Got to admit, the nerves are starting to jangle already and I have to say, I was almost a nervous wreck by the end of the penalties last night between Palace and Sunderland. And I don't even care for either of them!

Taken a conscious decision not to watch the West Ham/Ipswich game tonight; going to cut the (smoke some?!) grass otherwise I'll be a blubbering wreck by 7.45 tomorrow night!

Scooter Red

I saw us beat Walsall away and then loose on pens, I think?

You're right

It's about positive, sensible, calm BUT attacking football.

That and not thinking the jobs done or even half done!

Agree totally with the first post.

Regarding the Walsall games in 87/88 we lost to them 3-1 at our place, then beat them 2-0 away and then lost the penalty shoot out to decide which venue it was at.

We then went back to there place 2 days later and got beat 4-0!! There was a major "off" afterwards.

I was at all 3 games and very painful it was too.

We can do it.

Caldicot Red.

Couldn't agree more Harry, we have to get behind the lads from start to

finish and not go all quiet if it isn't going our way. The atmosphere against

Plymouth and QPR was brilliant and we one them both, no coincedence as

far as i'm concerned.

Hartlepool created a great atmosphere and visibly lifted their players, we must

do the same and intimidate them. We are in this together, come on you reds!!

Archived