IGNORED

How Much Money Have We Lost On Loanees?

Guest Parson St Station

Guest Parson St Station

I was just thinking about the list of really dissapointing loans in and out and wondered about the cost.

Can anyone with more 'inside' knowledge clear this up.

Styvar - what % of his wages are we still paying?

Velicka - ditto

Trundle - ditto

Angyman - how much did 3 months cost

Hoff - one month

Big Chris - one month

Sawyer - season long?

This could add up to a breathtaking amount of cash SL has had to eat.Hope he gets good tax relief on it!

My guess would be 100k over the cost of the loan spells but worryingly I could be well short of the mark.

Anyone 'in the know' help me out?

Cheers

I was just thinking about the list of really dissapointing loans in and out and wondered about the cost.

Can anyone with more 'inside' knowledge clear this up.

Styvar - what % of his wages are we still paying?

Velicka - ditto

Trundle - ditto

Angyman - how much did 3 months cost

Hoff - one month

Big Chris - one month

Sawyer - season long?

This could add up to a breathtaking amount of cash SL has had to eat.Hope he gets good tax relief on it!

My guess would be 100k over the cost of the loan spells but worryingly I could be well short of the mark.

Anyone 'in the know' help me out?

Cheers

And Sno.

QPR, although not shelling out much on transfer fees, paid big wages. Assuming Agyemang is on about £10.000 a week, we would probably paying half towards it. £5000 for one of the worst players i have ever seen is a disgraceful waste. Easy to spend it when its not yours!

QPR, although not shelling out much on transfer fees, paid big wages. Assuming Agyemang is on about £10.000 a week, we would probably paying half towards it. £5000 for one of the worst players i have ever seen is a disgraceful waste. Easy to spend it when its not yours!

Thing is, I didn't think Agyeman was a gamble, because we were after a target man and he is a target man, and everytime he plays against us, he plays well !

He's also been playing regularly in the Championship, so we knew he could cut it in this division.

One final thought - I wonder how different he would be playing under Millen as opposed to GJ???

Thing is, I didn't think Agyeman was a gamble, because we were after a target man and he is a target man, and everytime he plays against us, he plays well !

He's also been playing regularly in the Championship, so we knew he could cut it in this division.

One final thought - I wonder how different he would be playing under Millen as opposed to GJ???

No disrespect mate, but if you went to Middlesbrough, you would have seen that he is neither a target man, or a footballer full stop! he was shocking!

No disrespect mate, but if you went to Middlesbrough, you would have seen that he is neither a target man, or a footballer full stop! he was shocking!

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make, of all the times he's played against us, he's played well. He's obviously got something about him otherwise he wouldn't be playing in the Championship, and yet when he comes to us it all goes pear shaped !!

Far, far too much!

Interesting to see people being so frugal.

On the other hand, I have seen so many threads this season discussing all sorts of nobody players who may or may not be available - usually followed up by cries of "worth a punt", "sign him up" or "go get him Steve".

Cant wait for speculation to go mental again through June and July, especailly with all those johnny foreigner types on display at the World Cup.......

And that is before we dish out a further packet to recruit this super new management team, complete with Director of Football / Coach / Assistant Manager / senior tea lady etc......

1982 again anyone?

Guest Parson St Station

Interesting to see people being so frugal.

On the other hand, I have seen so many threads this season discussing all sorts of nobody players who may or may not be available - usually followed up by cries of "worth a punt", "sign him up" or "go get him Steve".

Cant wait for speculation to go mental again through June and July, especailly with all those johnny foreigner types on display at the World Cup.......

And that is before we dish out a further packet to recruit this super new management team, complete with Director of Football / Coach / Assistant Manager / senior tea lady etc......

1982 again anyone?

That really is an excellent point.Just looking at various very valid replies, especially about Velicka, then SL could be out ONE MILLION POUNDS this season alone.

Its just not sustainable.Especially on crowds of 14,000 - 16,000.

There is Soooo much 'deadwood' to be cut before a single player is signed.Books have to be balanced. We cannot forget the past if we want to have a future.

I cried my flucking eyes out in '82 and NEVER want to experience the following years again.

I am all for progress, new stadium, the Prem dream. But not like Leeds, Charlton, Southampton and Portsmouth.

Slow and steady does it.

If SL bails, then we are , once again, a distinctly Div 1 team.

Use the Academy, keep the good players we have signed, jetison the crap, evaluate, and have an exact plan in mind of how we want to play, and who we can AFFORD to do the job we want them to do.

It seems so simple, doesn't it....but once you get even a sniff of the 'promised land' then for some inexplicable reason common sence seems to disapear....in SL we trust!

This is all true but lets think on the bright side. With the new manager coming in there will most deffinatley be a lot of transfer movement. So hopefully we get a bit of cash from a few players and get in a few DECENT championship standard players which can take us into the PL. :innocent06:

Stern John was a loanee wasn't he?

And that scottish defender...Andy someone (his last name escapes me)?

Or are we just talking this seasons expenditure?

Andy Webster. He's actually gone on to have an excellent campaign for Dundee in the SPL, which either suggests we did not see him at his best or the standard of the SPL really is declining at a rapid rate. I remember when we had Iriekpen for a few months, and I thought he did excellent and then Johnson didn't sign him because apparently he wasn't fit enough. That has always bemused me because he'd played exceptional in certain games (Reading away springs to mind!) and how hard can it be to get a player fit in pre-season anyway?!

So to add that into the mix

Angryman £7k p/w

Sno(rumoured) £20k p/w

Velicka £7k p/w (and SL said we were contractually bound to pay 100% of his wages)

Saborio £5k p/w

Maierhoffer £5k p/w

Iwelumo £7 p/w

Sawyer £3k p/w

The above are OBVIOUSLY estimates, but does not include loan arrangement fees, which as a guide, Peterborough paid £220k in loan arrangement fees in January ALONE(source-BBC).

Birmingham were rumoured to have paid Spartak Moscow(?) £1.2m in loan arrangement fees(with an option to buy for another £2.7m) for Quincy Owusu Abeyie(sp) last season.

How much to loan Sno from a TOP European side for the entire season? or Saborio from Sion(a player who was crap for us, but top drawer in his league)?

Probably the amount of money spent on loans this season far outstrips the money spent in the summer.

Ajax are not a TOP european side anymore. They are are one of the bigger teams in the dutch league.

If he's on 20k a week, even though i think he's great when played in teh right position, i'll eat his dreadlocks on a pizza for comic relief.

Archived