IGNORED

How On Earth Are Swansea In The Top Six?

GrahamC

Delighted we won, but Christ, Swansea are so dull, two shots on goal, one a virtual back pass from a free kick, no wonder they score so few, they pass it square, back, fall over and then their pathetic manager squeals at the fourth official for a free kick.

Delighted we won, but Christ, Swansea are so dull, two shots on goal, one a virtual back pass from a free kick, no wonder they score so few, they pass it square, back, fall over and then their pathetic manager squeals at the fourth official for a free kick.

You can see how they don't score many, but at the same time you can see how they don't concede many! They went on a massive unbeaten run where they won a hell of a lot of games 1-0, but I agree there are much better teams in our division.

it's the old arguement of whether you'd rather win 1-0 every week and be at the top while playing football which aint too great

or be an entertaining team and risk losing.

In an ideal world, every footy match would be entertaining and high scoring, but i like the tactical defensive side to football

Give me 1-0 wins every week.

it's the old arguement of whether you'd rather win 1-0 every week and be at the top while playing football which aint too great

or be an entertaining team and risk losing.

In an ideal world, every footy match would be entertaining and high scoring, but i like the tactical defensive side to football

Give me 1-0 wins every week.

Likewise. Swansea have done what we did initially in this league i.e. made themselves hard to beat first and worried about entertainment second. Like them we were regarded as a good footballing side who did not score many goals. Once we (at least the fans) started having fantasies of thrashing Championship sides with scintillating wing play we lost our way. Look at what happened when we played 4-4-2. Back to basics now perhaps?

what i did like about them was i dont think they once lumped it upfield. every goal kick went short and they tried playing from the back, even when we put pressure on them.

to judge their whole season on one game is a bit harsh. every team has an off day and to be fair the match in general was very poor until ivan came on

I liked their number 43 (can't remember name).

Although Sproule started to rip through him by the end, he had a really solid game. I like the fact that he didn't try to lump it every time he won the ball. (Much like all of Swansea's defence andtheir goalie who probably never kicked the ball from hands).

So, a decent left back. Hmmmmm.

I liked their number 43 (can't remember name).

Although Sproule started to rip through him by the end, he had a really solid game. I like the fact that he didn't try to lump it every time he won the ball. (Much like all of Swansea's defence andtheir goalie who probably never kicked the ball from hands).

So, a decent left back. Hmmmmm.

David Edgar that is. Hes on loan from Burnley.

what i did like about them was i dont think they once lumped it upfield. every goal kick went short and they tried playing from the back, even when we put pressure on them.

to judge their whole season on one game is a bit harsh. every team has an off day and to be fair the match in general was very poor until ivan came on

We were rubbish on sat and yes you could call it an 'offday' but we've had quite a few recently and are on a really poor run. 1 win in our last 8 games.

Was a tad surprised really. They have a good defence it would seem- a major problem up front however.

If they had a striker like Maynard, they would have won more games I am sure.

If we still had Scotland here i think we would have been even higher. Our strikers are Kuqi, Pintado, Beattie, Trundle and Idrizaj. Kuqi has been a good signing to be fair, Pintado is useless (as you can tell from saturdays game!) 2 goals all season hes scored and 5 in the whole of last season, Beattie (injury prone) has scored 3 goals since signing for us back in August but has a different injury everyweek. Trundle (on loan from you of course!) is our second top goal scorer and our highest scoring striker and must be so frustrated at not playing. I doubt we'll sign him next season though and Idrizaj is a young striker who has only played about 3 games for us.

Our team is so defensive that we rarely have many chances or shoot at goal and thats why we've had so many clean sheets and not scored many goals.

To agree with you if we had a 10/15 goal a season striker we'd probably be up in the top 3.

If we still had Scotland here i think we would have been even higher. Our strikers are Kuqi, Pintado, Beattie, Trundle and Idrizaj. Kuqi has been a good signing to be fair, Pintado is useless (as you can tell from saturdays game!) 2 goals all season hes scored and 5 in the whole of last season, Beattie (injury prone) has scored 3 goals since signing for us back in August but has a different injury everyweek. Trundle (on loan from you of course!) is our second top goal scorer and our highest scoring striker and must be so frustrated at not playing. I doubt we'll sign him next season though and Idrizaj is a young striker who has only played about 3 games for us.

Our team is so defensive that we rarely have many chances or shoot at goal and thats why we've had so many clean sheets and not scored many goals.

To agree with you if we had a 10/15 goal a season striker we'd probably be up in the top 3.

Until you get the 10/15 a season goal scorer and realize that he isn't getting the service which he needs - then you change your midfield to try and provide him with the service he needs which means your a defensive man short in midfield which opens you up at the back and people start scoring for fun against you.

Ah right thanks. What's the Swansea opinion on him? Looked good to me as did the man beside him (who once again I've forgotten the name).

Yeah he looks a good player.

Hes only played 4 games but has settled in well.

Gary Monk? The one with ginger hair?

or Ashley Williams? with black hair?

Archived