IGNORED

Henderson

Barneyredballs

Just thought I'd say how I was happily impressed by SH today.

12 professional appearance. 2nd clean sheet in a row.

Ok he fumbled one or two, but nothing different to how Basso did. What he did do was come off his line quick and big. good save in 1st half. Kicking was excellent, if anything, too big!

Looks a big boy.

Not bad from our No.3 at start of season!

Ok he fumbled one or two, but nothing different to how Basso did. What he did do was come off his line quick and big. good save in 1st half. Kicking was excellent, if anything, too big!

Looks a big boy.

Yes, he is a good reader of the game. Came off his line quick against Varney as well making a smart save.

I agree, a great peformance for Hendo. I was impressed when he came on for Basso last season.

I think he could have stepped straight into the number one position.

Being a substitute goalie must be the most depressing job in the world, how many times do you actually see any action in a season?!

Question is does he keep his place or does Gerken come in? I think it would be unfair to drop him to the bench after two very good displays. Two young quality goalkeepers on our books but with SH coming off his line and reading the game so well I think he has to keep the shirt. Also, given the play-offs are unrealistic, it is an ideal situation to give him Championship experience.

As our "last defender" I thought he looks far more impressive than Gerken. He was off his line and commanding the penalty area much more than DG. Whether his shot stopping is as good I don't know, but it seemed to me the defence had a lot more confidence in him, knowing that they could rely on him to be quick of his line and mop up any balls that were runing into the area. Kicking was excellent as well.

Two clean sheets in a row. Blimey!!

As our "last defender" I thought he looks far more impressive than Gerken. He was off his line and commanding the penalty area much more than DG. Whether his shot stopping is as good I don't know, but it seemed to me the defence had a lot more confidence in him, knowing that they could rely on him to be quick of his line and mop up any balls that were runing into the area. Kicking was excellent as well.

and yet to concede from open play for City.

Think I'm right in saying the only goal thats gone in against him when playing for us is a penalty.

If Nyatanga keeps his place over Ribeiro then Henderson has to do the same over Gerken.

Looks a big boy.

Indeed, Henderson is a big lad and I wouldn't like to be on the end of his boot because he's got a very impressive kick. On one occasion against Swansea I'm sure I remember him kicking a goal kick two thirds the length of the pitch and that type of distance kicking really does put the oppostion under pressure deep in their own half.

I said after seeing him play last season he looked like one for the future and would push Basso this season, unfortunately by getting injured at the start of the season he lost his chance to replace basso and Gerken has took his chance fairly well, next season if he carries on as he is doing there could be a good chance he could get the chance to become our new No1 for years to come, keep it up Hendochant6ez.gif

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Some people on this board were praising Gerken as our new number 1 for years to come after a few games, they soon changed their tune when our form and his form dipped.

BUT 2 clean sheets is an impressive feat and I say well done Henderson, top work from a young lad.

As for whether he stays in the team, that is the new managers call for next season. Gerken has the experience factor, having played for Colchester at this level already. In the greater scheme of things though our goalkeeping situation is probably now as safe as it was when we had Basso/Weale.

Couldn't agree more. TOTALLY commanding and much more confident. Should have been our number 2 last year after replacing Basso when he got injured. He would now be my number 1 keeper

and yet to concede from open play for City.

Think I'm right in saying the only goal thats gone in against him when playing for us is a penalty.

If Nyatanga keeps his place over Ribeiro then Henderson has to do the same over Gerken.

I'm sure he let in a late goal on his debut against QPR in our 1st game back in the Championship. Scotty had put us 2-1 up with about 5 minutes left and we let in a late (injury time?) equalizerdisapointed2se.gif . It was open play in as much as a free kick was taken and played from the right wing to the left and QPR scored from the left wing cross. Not sure who was in goal for their other goal though, if I recall Hendo came on for Basso at half time.

I'm sure he let in a late goal on his debut against QPR in our 1st game back in the Championship. Scotty had put us 2-1 up with about 5 minutes left and we let in a late (injury time?) equalizerdisapointed2se.gif . It was open play in as much as a free kick was taken and played from the right wing to the left and QPR scored from the left wing cross. Not sure who was in goal for their other goal though, if I recall Hendo came on for Basso at half time.

Don't remember it but you are correct http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/6931072.stm

Looks a big boy.

Yes, apparently, he's longest in the showers...

Archived