IGNORED

The Football League Show...

Mr Mosquito

After the criticism I gave the BBC Football League Show last week there has been a marked improvement in the show. Good highlights of Spoule's run and Maynard's resulting goal during the Swansea game, praise for Nicky Maynard's goal tally, and mention of us being 'dark horses for the play-offs' with Millen at the helm. They even went so far as to mention Oliver Cromwell during their potted history of Newcastle United. Newcastle supported the tyrant Scottish King Charles I and their rivals Sunderland supported Parliament and Oliver Cromwell - as did Bristol. So that's where the Newcastle and Sunderland football club rivalry really started - back in the Civil War of the 1640s !!!!!!!

After the criticism I gave the BBC Football League Show last week there has been a marked improvement in the show. Good highlights of Spoule's run and Maynard's resulting goal during the Swansea game, praise for Nicky Maynard's goal tally, and mention of us being 'dark horses for the play-offs' with Millen at the helm. They even went so far as to mention Oliver Cromwell during their potted history of Newcastle United. Newcastle supported the tyrant Scottish King Charles I and their rivals Sunderland supported Parliament and Oliver Cromwell - as did Bristol. So that's where the Newcastle and Sunderland football club rivalry really started - back in the Civil War of the 1640s !!!!!!!

I thought saying we were dark horses for the playoffs was a ridiculous statement

I thought saying we were dark horses for the playoffs was a ridiculous statement

Perhaps they should have stated we're 'rank outsiders' but we're still just in the frame for a place with three matches left. We obviously need to win the remaining three and rely on teams above slipping up but we still have a knife edge chance of 6th place. It would make it easier if the 4 teams above us went into administration and were deducted 10 points. :rofl2br:

Perhaps they should have stated we're 'rank outsiders' but we're still just in the frame for a place with three matches left. We obviously need to win the remaining three and rely on teams above slipping up but we still have a knife edge chance of 6th place. It would make it easier if the 4 teams above us went into administration and were deducted 10 points. :rofl2br:

We were 50/1 last week to make the top 6, we are now 50/1 for promotion (so maybe 20/1 to make the top six). Still very unlikely but slightly less unlikely than last week. Preston coming from 7 points behind with 4 games left last years shows what can be done. We just need to concentrate on winning our remaining games in the first instance - S****horpe are battling for their lives and won't be a pushover.

We were 50/1 last week to make the top 6, we are now 50/1 for promotion (so maybe 20/1 to make the top six). Still very unlikely but slightly less unlikely than last week. Preston coming from 7 points behind with 4 games left last years shows what can be done. We just need to concentrate on winning our remaining games in the first instance - S****horpe are battling for their lives and won't be a pushover.

Under Millen and Walshy we're easily capable of winning the last 3 games. If Gary Johnson was still in charge we'd be lucky to get 2 points at most and most likely losing to S****horpe. That just shows how much the team has improved in the last month.

I did the BBC predictor. As ever I was wildly optimistic for us and marking down people around us. Even with that when I pressed update we were still outside.

I'm enjoying it as a good run, improving the confidence of the team ready for next season, and it certainly pulled us out of the relegation trap door. I can't honestly see play-offs happening.

I did the BBC predictor. As ever I was wildly optimistic for us and marking down people around us. Even with that when I pressed update we were still outside.

I'm enjoying it as a good run, improving the confidence of the team ready for next season, and it certainly pulled us out of the relegation trap door. I can't honestly see play-offs happening.

I think you can take the Swans out of the equation after Saturday. Can't see them scoring again this season let alone wnning a game.

Like you I did the predictor and we're gonna miss out on goal diference !

Archived