IGNORED

Hartlepool

Bristol Boy

Guest hpoolfan

You may have noticed but we are a little lightweight except for Michael Nelson. We get bullied by the bigger teams - QPR just ground us down. We were 0-0 at half-time with them up here but they were just physically stronger all over the pitch. The same with Brighton who I think are an average team but have 2 big goons at the back who are impossible to break down.

This is a one-off now and if anyone can inspire us to a win it is Cooper! Be wary - we don't have Chris 'bottler' Turner in charge anymore!

You may have noticed but we are a little lightweight except for Michael Nelson. We get bullied by the bigger teams - QPR just ground us down. We were 0-0 at half-time with them up here but they were just physically stronger all over the pitch. The same with Brighton who I think are an average team but have 2 big goons at the back who are impossible to break down.

This is a one-off now and if anyone can inspire us to a win it is Cooper! Be wary - we don't have Chris 'bottler' Turner in charge anymore!

I thought at one point that Cooper was going to charge the City stand :D

I've no problem with passion but if someone had clouted him when he was gesticulating etc, then things could have got out of hand and that's not needed.

As well as that, he looked a bit sad all suited up and jumping about :D .

A lots been made about City only selling 660 odd tickets and I've posted on that all week, so I'll say no more, but I was surprised to see that you didn't sell out by a few hundred either.

Do you know what your sales are for Weds?

Our website says 1,500 but yours still says, "we've had 1,500 and we're getting another 1,500" :wacko:

Our away end (East End to the fans, Wedlocks to the club!!) holds about 4,500 when full, so it looks likea lot of empty seats in there and about 500 City Fans in the far corner, which is a shame.

The rest of the ground should sell out by Tuesday..unless our plonkers in charge start restricting sales again :whistle:

Guest hpoolfan

I think we've sold just under a thousand to season-ticket holders but they don't go on general sale until tomorrow. Fortunately we have an excellent away support and for massive games like this there will be 2000 there no problem.

I think we've sold just under a thousand to season-ticket holders but they don't go on general sale until tomorrow. Fortunately we have an excellent away support and for massive games like this there will be 2000 there no problem.
Given the distance, lack of public transport (why don't clubs put on trains these days?) I reckon you'll do well to shift 1,500.

Extra time & Pens and you'll be home about 5.00am :D

Coaches will probably leave around 1.00pm

Sunderland only took 1,200 to Palace so fair play to you if you shift that number.

Guest hpoolfan
So where was this excellent away support back in August then. On holiday? There was the princely sum of 250 of your lot down here.
If you look at our programme from Saturday you can see our away attendances. They are very good for a team that only averages 5500 at home! 10 thousand to Sunderland, 2300 Sheff Wed, 1500 Rushden, 500+ average to most other places. Not bad for a very small town!

You should see some of the away attendances at our ground over the past few seasons!

I'm confident you'll be surprised at how many travel. As on Saturday, there wasn't many there but they make themselves heard and that's why we have a terrific away record.

If you look at our programme from Saturday you can see our away attendances. They are very good for a team that only averages 5500 at home! 10 thousand to Sunderland, 2300 Sheff Wed, 1500 Rushden, 500+ average to most other places. Not bad for a very small town!

You should see some of the away attendances at our ground over the past few seasons!

I'm confident you'll be surprised at how many travel. As on Saturday, there wasn't many there but they make themselves heard and that's why we have a terrific away record.

Just to clear things up.

You've got 2,000 tickets in total and there are still tickets available for our fans, about 500 at AG, but they'll sell no bother with no tickets on sale on the day.

My guess is you'll bring about 1,200/1,300 as you've already sold 900.

With segreation, that will bring the crowd to about 18,700/19,000 in total.

Shame because the ground holds 21,489.

All seater-All under cover.

From what I can remember of the Home-Game(1-1..Gabbiadinni and Peacock with a stunner..!!)despite there only being a few hundred Hartlepool fans they all seemed very passionate and made a lot of noise. With 1500+ of them our singers in the East-end, Atyeo etc will need to be in top-voice to ensure we out-sing them!! Sure a couple of early goals would do the trick in silencing them and encouraging a few more of our fans to join in..!! Really can't wait!!

Archived