IGNORED

I Wouldn't Be Surprised

Pickle Rick

Would you?

Seems to tick the boxes, had a bad time at Celtic, probably influenced by back ground politics etc.

Has done a very good job in the past with WBA, brings in the right faces, plays the right football.

I'm sure he'll be keen to come back into management with the right club.

Are we that club?

I'd welcome him.

:city:

Not sure on Mowbray. Don't get me wrong, 12 months ago then most of us would've jumped at the chance. Has he been damaged by his experiences at Celtic? And to be fair, they've only got a completely skint Rangers to compete with - and Rangers (I'm glad to say!) are stuffing them, big time.

Saw McInness interviewed after beating Aberdeen yesterday - Aberdeen Pete has been banging his drum about this fella for a while now. Thought he came across very well, and is doing a cracking job at St Johnstone. Maybe he should be the guy in Scotland we're looking at?

Would be interested to hear some more of AP's thoughts....where are you mate?!

Would you?

Seems to tick the boxes, had a bad time at Celtic, probably influenced by back ground politics etc.

Has done a very good job in the past with WBA, brings in the right faces, plays the right football.

I'm sure he'll be keen to come back into management with the right club.

Are we that club?

I'd welcome him.

:city:

What, coaches his teams not to defend you mean? He'd be very near the bottom of my list.

What, coaches his teams not to defend you mean? He'd be very near the bottom of my list.

He got WBA promoted playing a good game though didn't he?

We can't have it all you know. How many all round managers can we attract? Keith millen is here and will stay to help him. We are a Championship side, not a big money Prem team.

He likes attractive attacking football, so do I.

I'd rather be entertained than being a team who play boring football, edging teams out of games like Swanspee. Who have scored 18 goals at home all season, half of which we have!

All managers have they're opinions/ideas on how the game should be played. Everytime we played WBA with him in charge, I've been very impressed!

And before anyone says WBA are a yo-yo club because of him, he's put them in the money big time that way! Id have it their way.

We can't have it all you know. How many all round managers can we attract? Keith millen is here and will stay to help him. We are a Championship side, not a big money Prem team.

I'd rather be entertained than being a team who play boring football, edging teams out of games like Swanspee. Who have scored 18 goals at home all season, half of which we have!

All managers have they're opinions/ideas on how the game should be played. Everytime we played WBA with him in charge, I've been very impressed!

And before anyone says WBA are a yo-yo club because of him, he's put them in the money big time that way! Id have it their way.

You are of course absolutely right. I'm an idiot to expect to have somebody in place who can coach the team in all aspects of the game, just because a team can defend well, it doesn't mean they are boring. Many teams,even at this level can defend and attack, they don't all have to put the other team to sleep a la Swanage.

ha ha agreed on last comment

as long as you dont spend yourself silly on long contracts in the Premier League id happily take being a yoyo club for a while and playing good footie, nothing more exciting than promotion/relegation battles.

ha ha agreed on last comment

as long as you dont spend yourself silly on long contracts in the Premier League id happily take being a yoyo club for a while and playing good footie, nothing more exciting than promotion/relegation battles.

Being a yo-yo club is the next step for progression, it's mega money too, fans have one year wining etc and one year with the elite. WBA seem to like it but would think it's time for them to make the next step and stay up.

Watching a piece on Southampton the other night and most of their fans think this season has been the best in many, many years because they are winning.

Being a yo-yo club is the next step for progression, it's mega money too, fans have one year wining etc and one year with the elite. WBA seem to like it but would think it's time for them to make the next step and stay up.

Watching a piece on Southampton the other night and most of their fans think this season has been the best in many, many years because they are winning.

They must think otherwise:

Check this out.

Quite interesting.

He seems incapable of getting his teams to defend - it would be a disastrous appointment.

In our best season for yonks when we almost made it to the Prem, West Brom conceded two more goals than us as Champions, but scored 34 MORE GOALS than us under Mowbray.

Speaks volumes for me.

When was the last time we managed a 20+ or more goal difference at this standard?

To say he'll be disastrous is ironically disastrous for you to post that comment.

WBA were a good side before he took over, but they never played so well under his management!

I'd be quite happy if we actually got promoted (may be a long shot) and then went back down with a leaky defence, only to take the piss in the Championship the next season and so forth.

Imagine if we were too good for the Championship, but not quite there for the Premier League. Seems a long way from what we are at the moment.

Either way SL will make the right decision.

Mowbray's record at wba wasn't exceptional. either side of him megson and di matteo took them out of the championship at the first attempt. mowbray needed 2 seasons and his side capitulated from day 1 in the top flight.

Now, you could argue that he had a lot of repair work to do after Bryan Robson, or you could look at his record at Celtic where he lost 1 game in 3 and realise that he ain't actually all that good at what he does.

Mowbray is a great manager, he did a superb job at West Brom in my opinion given financial constraints they played superb football under him...the issues at Celtic run far deeper than at the hands of the manager, the Old Firm are an utter shambles at the moment, given time he would have been a great manager for them....His best mangerial tenure was however at Hibs where is produced 4 or 5 really talented Scottish players that made the club a fortune (every club outwith the old firm in Scotland are constantly selling clubs) and they have been able to invest in a fantastic new training facility and new main stand. If we want a manager who will get the right blend of youth production and good work in the transfer market Mowbray is a great candidate...I would still however take McInnes, he would be a great manager for us and would be happy to work with Millen, who has really surprised many here with the obvious fantastic recovery job he has done in such a short time.

Mowbray is a great manager, he did a superb job at West Brom in my opinion given financial constraints they played superb football under him...the issues at Celtic run far deeper than at the hands of the manager, the Old Firm are an utter shambles at the moment, given time he would have been a great manager for them.... If we want a manager who will get the right blend of youth production and good work in the transfer market Mowbray is a great candidate...

Mowbray did a shocking job at Celtic

Archived