IGNORED

Good Luck City

Guest Boro_Holgate

Guest Boro_Holgate

Just a quick post from a Middlesbrough fan hoping you win on Wednesday night. Hartlepool fans tend to dispise Boro fans, hence one reason why I want you to win. I think you are long overdue promotion. I keep a look out for City's results. 1) You've got one of our ex players (although he didnt play much) Luke Wilkshire 2) I've got relatives who live in Bristol and I generally like the place and surrounding area. What do you think of Wilkshire? He still has a lot to learn but was considered a talent for the future but just wouldnt have got much 1st team football for us.

Am i right in thinking that our manager Steve McClaren played for you in the past?

Good Luck in beating 'Pool on Wednesday and I hope you get promotion. A team like Bristol City should be higher than Div 2.

Good Luck next season, in Div 1.

Guest Coles'Gal

thanks! i just hope more of the posters on here are as confident as you! i dont know about your manager person sorry, and Lukey is doing well!

Guest Boro_Holgate

Well you gotta be confident. It was like us this year in the Carling Cup. We had never won a major trophy until then. The build up before the final was that we were going to win. I think this had a good effect on the players. Usually Boro fans are pessimistic and fickle, but this time we were all behind the team. We knew our time had come.

Glad to hear about Wilkshire

Well you gotta be confident. It was like us this year in the Carling Cup. We had never won a major trophy until then. The build up before the final was that we were going to win. I think this had a good effect on the players. Usually Boro fans are pessimistic and fickle, but this time we were all behind the team. We knew our time had come.

Glad to hear about Wilkshire

Always nice to have messages from teams in no way rivals as such! So best of luck to Boro, it's fans like you that makes me look out for teams like yours! Sorry about your 5-1 defeat at Pompey yesterday but i have a bit of a soft spot for Pompey and it didn't matter too much!

Best of Luck. :whistle:

Guest Boro_Holgate

Yesterday was very dissapointing. We always seem to go on an end of season slump. This year it didnt matter quite so much as the Carling Cup made up for it really.

Pity to hear Wilkshire hasnt produced the goods. Like you say hopefully next season he will improve.

ok if he gets goals will be good - ricketts

i think wilkshire will become a vital member of our team he shown at time as great vision and knows what to do will the ball. i look foward to see his progress next season when we are battling away up eland road

Guest Cyprus_Red

cheers mate

wilkshire hasnt lived up to his name this season.

but i do believe he will become a vital team member of the team in the next few seasons.

Guest hpoolfan

Boro would not be in existence if it was'nt for Hartlepool - we let them use our ground when they were deep in the cr*p in the 80's. The fact that we have had no support in terms of loan signings since then is why most Pools fans don't like them.

Steve McClaren was a legend for us. I remember him playing through pain in the play-offs against Sheff Utd, insisting on playing on even though he was absolutely covered in blood. A passionate, cultured and skilful player. In fact, just the sort of player we need now!

McClaren was a wash-out in his time with us,a great disappointment,fortunately it was a brief stay.However, we were really fortunate in doing a swap with Oxford for Gary Shelton,he went on to prove himself as a great inspirational player for us and had that lovely knack for a midfielder of getting his name on the score-sheet regularly.

Although McClaren was so inconspicuous in his playing time with us he certainly has gone on to make his mark in management.

Re: Wilkshire,hopefully if we can make it to the 1st then he may find that stage more appropriate than the 2nd in fulfilling his talent.

Guest Boro_Holgate

Hope Wilkshire comes off well. To the 'Pool fan, yes we owe you for letting us use Victoria Park, but this is not the place to be arguing about things like that.

As for McClaren, he still has a lot to learn but he is the first manager to bring us a major trophy so will always be remember for that. He is a very passionate manager, he usually shouts himself purple on the touchline. Wilkshire didnt play too many games for us so I dont know too much about him, although they raved about him when he joined the Youth setup at 17. he is still young so hopefully he can still become a very good player for you

Archived