IGNORED

Sky Sports 1

redjar

just had sky sports 1 on and talking about parachute money they are saying should help teams in the championship ......

HOW ????????

yes a team comes down from the prem get good money for the next four years BUT

cant they see they are just pushing teams away from getting to the prem ????argh.gifargh.gif

just had sky sports 1 on and talking about parachute money they are saying should help teams in the championship ......

HOW ????????

cant they see they are just pushing teams away from getting to the prem ????argh.gifargh.gif

Well the teams who go down, usually go back up - if not straight away then within a couple of seasons.

if a team goes up before the 4 years is up - the spare money gets shared in the championship...

You sure that is true Riaz, currently I was under the impression that if 2 clubs return (like this season) then only the equivalent of 1 club's is shared - even if all three got up I 'm sure O read only 1 club's allocation is granted to the championship.

As they are going from 2 years to 4 years then on immediate return then under your understanding then the next 3 season's worth of parachute is paid out the championship - I wouldnt imagine the Premier League would vote for that.

HOW ????????

well I think if a team is promoted staright back then the payments get split to the teams of the championship, so newcastle payments would be split. etc.

The simple fact is when it comes to people who think 2 more years parachute payment is unfair to other championship teams have it totally wrong. Teams will have already spent that money by the time there relegated on wages hoping there team stays up! All it incourages is more debt for relegated prem teams the whole things a terrible idea. Bar WBA who yo yo no one else is in there league . Burnley will go down this season but will be in great shape why? Because they wiped out all debt and paid within there means .well run club

dont agree with it all. they will always have more spending power than the other teams. if you go down tough gets a bit boring same teams up and down every year with no chance of another team going right down the leagues like we did from old 1st div disapointed2se.gif

Archived