IGNORED

Manager Or Director Of Football?

havanatopia

Manager or Director of Football?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like it's going to make any difference...

How do you know the 'Director of Football' is not going to be hands on?

It's just a label.

This forum is getting ridiculous...It's full of attention seeking frustrated newspaper editors, posting up 'Headlines' trying to get you to look. :angry:

So much bollox written on here:grr:

Sorry mate, nothing personal...but none of us know what Steve Lansdown wants or what his directive is for the new appointment.

With respect and no offense intended.

It's just a label.

This forum is getting ridiculous...It's full of attention seeking frustrated newspaper editors, posting up 'Headlines' trying to get you to look. :angry:

Sorry mate, nothing personal...but none of us know what Steve Lansdown wants or what his directive is for the new appointment.

None taken but this forum is all about airing views and most people i am seeing on here prefer a manager. We pay a large part, perhaps the largest part, of the clubs weekly revenue take and so we do have influence and we do have a voice. this is one of those voices and it should be heard.

So, its not ridiculous to ask that question and it brings results. Don't underestimate the influence this forum has.

Oh, and i am not seeking attention, i get plenty of that from my young lady!

It's just a label.

This forum is getting ridiculous...It's full of attention seeking frustrated newspaper editors, posting up 'Headlines' trying to get you to look. mad.gif

Mate you have only JUST NOTICED!!!. It's been going on for years.

This forum is getting ridiculous...It's full of attention seeking frustrated newspaper editors, posting up 'Headlines' trying to get you to look. mad.gif

Sorry mate, nothing personal...With respect and no offense intended.

dancing2.gif

Brilliant

With no disrespect to anyone you are actually right in many cases, but as the other fellow says it is a forum to aire points of view rather than a debating society.

For what its worth my money is on Steve Coppell as Director of Football with responsibility right through our scouting/academy and reserves right up to assistance with First Team issues, as we have been crying oufor that since we started the Accademy.

The fiirst team manager/coach is to be named but I have a suspiscion it may well be from outside the club wit KM keeping the assistant role....But all will be revealed soonsign09.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but I've always wondered exactly what falls under the job description of DoF. Can anyone fill me in?

He would oversee the footballing progress of the club. Such as

Ensure and be responsible for the scouting is properly ran and staffed (Pete Johnson etc)

Ensure and be responsible for the accademy and it is producing good talent, has a good pipeline and the instruction/coaching/SCHOOLING of kids is of a good standard

EABRF that our U14 - U21 teams are coached assessed to a good standard

EABRF for the future of the football club

Assist with transfer and wage negotiations

Assist with First Team activities

Assist with Marketing of the team and its players

And ensure continuity...of footballing activities

Quite a lot I would say and all of this currently being overseen by the first team manager...Who I would rather be spending time making the first team competitive on the field.

He would oversee the footballing progress of the club. Such as

Ensure and be responsible for the scouting is properly ran and staffed (Pete Johnson etc)

Ensure and be responsible for the accademy and it is producing good talent, has a good pipeline and the instruction/coaching/SCHOOLING of kids is of a good standard

EABRF that our U14 - U21 teams are coached assessed to a good standard

EABRF for the future of the football club

Assist with transfer and wage negotiations

Assist with First Team activities

Assist with Marketing of the team and its players

And ensure continuity...of footballing activities

Quite a lot I would say and all of this currently being overseen by the first team manager...Who I would rather be spending time making the first team competitive on the field.

Thanks!

why do 2 people want him as director of football, what are they thinking ?

still, i can't see Lansdown giving him or even anyone for that matter the job of DoF whilst he's the man in charge, i just feel Lansdown prefers the more tratitional route of manager/assistant manager

we basically had three major problems during the last 18 months of the GJ reign, and it could be argued that a director of football (and lets not forget this is the system which all european teams - or most - use, and no english teams are in the final 4 of the CL this year) could have solved them

1. the organisation and tactics were poor. maybe because GJ spent too much time with agents and looking for players instead of on the training pitch

2. the signings were hit and miss including some shockers. maybe GJ needed to get to the training pitch and didn't have time to do it properly

3. no youth development. a manager has his hands full with the first 2 and maybe GJ didn't have time to find them.

more teams use the system than you'd think...

i'm not convinced its the answer, but someone to help out and lighten the workload (especially for an inexperienced manager) could be ideal

Mate, I think i was a bit harsh at my response to your original post, and although you say no offense was taken, i apologise anyway.

I think it was the straw that broke the camels back and i took all my frustations out on your post.

To be honest, i wish like you hinted, that it was more of a debating forum.

Mate, I think i was a bit harsh at my response to your original post, and although you say no offense was taken, i apologise anyway.

I think it was the straw that broke the camels back and i took all my frustations out on your post.

To be honest, i wish like you hinted, that it was more of a debating forum.

OK Spud, appreciated, but no aye problemo hombre.

If we are to have a director of football (which i dont want) i dont think keith millen should be the manager to work under the director of football. If we wanted a new manager and he was told they have to keep millen on as their assistant and the new manager wanted his own man we could miss out on our main targets. Im starting to get the impression that lansdown has lost his best mate in gary j and now is doing every thing he can to keep his other best mate at the club, which i think is wrong. the club need to move forward with an experienced manager not a director of football to hold millys hand