IGNORED

Evening Post

marmite

Am I right in thinking that this paper is printed overnight and therefore only contains yesterdays news? Mine is delivered before my postman calls, sometimes before 10am. I've now cancelled my EP account as most of the news is out of date. When a new manager is announced, rest assured the EP will NOT be the first with the news.

I remember when one of the many Tony Blair stories(on a Saturday) and the WDP(printed during the night) had the breaking news story

and the BEP(printed later than the WDP) didn't have the breaking news story.

Don't bother with the papers,watch the forum for the latest news(from ourselves)

Indeed, this forum has the latest news, especially news stories concerning Tony Blair :winner_third_h4h:.....

I always thought that in the 90s the Evening Post was done on star rating.

1 star was the early edition brought out mid morning and the 3 star was the afternoon edition that was always delivered after about 3pm which actually contained news from the day - usually up until about 11am.

So if a story broke in the morning it was in the paper that afternoon, rather than it waiting until the next day to be printed.

• Admin

Still is done on a Star rating isn't it ? I'm not sure don't get one now.

They must have abandoned the star system but left it on as a convincer maybe as the EP's we have delivered first thing in the morning at work each day are 3 star versions ;)

• Admin

Yeah it used to be on a star system to indicate basiaclly the time of day that the edition was printed but now it sells itself alongside other morning papers and is always on sale first thing in the morning with all other papers - not really sure why it uses the tag "Evening" post anymore ?!?!

Always found the sport to be too similar to the WDP nowadays, but the news is more local than the WDP which tends to be more south somerset

Archived