IGNORED

Ba

reddoc

Thought it might interest you, currently stuck in Vegas along with a lot of others . Bloke we're with has had his Virgin flight out for tomorrow cancelled again. Rang round to see if he could find another route home and BA offered him an economy seat one way for $11,000. Eventually found a flight with Lufhansa for $3000 business which is pretty much going rate. Getting the same story from other nationalities. The domestic airlines doing everything poss to get their own people home whereas the Brits , BA/Virgin are trying to milk as much as possible out of us. Obviously again the ability to contact or get any useful information out of the airlines is pretty much zero. All Virgin lines suspended as I type. Couple of US carriers nearly as bad re communication but as yet not heard any stories of them trying to screw anyone.

Right back to the phones.

Cheers all

Sorry to hear your stuck, though not a bad place to be stranded.....if you are minted :chant6ez:

I hate BA, they are now crowing about the Met office got it all totally wrong and there should not have been a ban at all! What a pathetic and lame attitude, is this how BA thinks of safty and its passengers lives? last time i fly with them assholes!

Well I for one don't give a shit if all airline company's go bust, make this island less accessible for a kick off.

Hope you find your way back OK, and not get ripped off.

Serves them right making billions ini losses, they are ripping everyone off in the summer as per usual. ha.

Thanks CH appreciate that. You're right there are many people in worse situations,been reading about it, at least we've got a room and Ceasars Palace have been fantastic giving us a ' distressed rate ' and telling us that's available for as long as we need it. Still far from cheap though. Prob is all we hear about is the government and airlines saying their priority is to bring us home but there's no contact from anyone and it's near impossible to contact them ourselves. If my re-arranged weds flight doesn't go prob stuck for another two weeks and certainly can't afford that on many different levels. Got a nine year old stuck with grandparents and can't get him to school, already cancelled a weeks worth of patients some of which I really needed to follow up this week etc etc.

Bad things...

Maybe Brown will send a few war ships to pick you up like we are doing for those in Spain!

Yeah my cousin was supposed to be back from Dubai last week, she got back today on a Ferry from Pompy, but she was stuck in Moscow for 2 days. Dunno if anyone has been to Moscow before but its the most expensive grey and depressing place I've ever had the misfortune to visit...never again, not even a connecting flight, the Russians are less accommodating than Fred & Rosie West. They didn't give them food, fresh water, blankets, nothing.. ******* horrible people. at least the Yanks are pretty hospitable.

Sorry to hear of your plight reddoc. A few airports open today in the North for a few hours, so hopefully UK Airspace will be back open soon.

I agree with You/Ciderhider on your sentiments regarding BA, I hope they go to the wall, they have been ripping off UK travellers for years.

Anyway good luck on your travels home and i'll have a $100 on RED please.cool2.gif

p.s. if you need any updated information just post here and i sure me or Ciderhider will help you if poss.

Fantastic, thanks to both of you. Whole bunch of desperate Brits round here at the moment, lots have no phone or internet access so trying to keep them updated too. Not many City I'm afraid but trying to be nice anyway. $100 red sounds good but not feeling at my luckiest at the mo, you sure that's a good idea?

Cheers guys

Maybe Brown will send a few war ships to pick you up like we are doing for those in Spain!

Yeah my cousin was supposed to be back from Dubai last week, she got back today on a Ferry from Pompy, but she was stuck in Moscow for 2 days. Dunno if anyone has been to Moscow before but its the most expensive grey and depressing place I've ever had the misfortune to visit...never again, not even a connecting flight, the Russians are less accommodating than Fred & Rosie West. They didn't give them food, fresh water, blankets, nothing.. ******* horrible people. at least the Yanks are pretty hospitable.

Nothing like a bit of stupid generalizing is there? How would you generalize those in the far east? 'Accommodates sexual perverts'?

Nothing like a bit of stupid generalizing is there? How would you generalize those in the far east? 'Accommodates sexual perverts'?

I'd just like to generalize that Moscovites and Russians have had real trouble with European Unionists in the past. Firstly the French European Unionists under Napoleon in the 1800s and then German European Unionists under Hitler in the 1940s. Is it any wonder that that the Russians don't want foreigners from the current European Union hanging around their capital?

Nothing that the T34's and Night Witches couldn't sort out though RG.winner_third_h4h.gif

How has this thread got round to this subject ? What was the original thread about again ? This forum makes i laugh.

Yeah me too. Got some serious probs out here. Nice to see a couple of good guys come on offering a bit of sympathy and offers of help and then some knob comes on and hijacks it because he senses a hint of prejudice. Tos ser

Nothing that the T34's and Night Witches couldn't sort out though RG.:winner_third_h4h:

How has this thread got round to this subject ? What was the original thread about again ? This forum makes i laugh.

The thread was about a chap being stranded in Las Vegas - OK being there if you've got plenty of money but even then you could end up dying after shitting bricks like Elvis did. :whistle2:

Anyway, we also had real trouble with the French European Unionists under Napoleon in the 1800s and then the German European Unionists under Hitler in the 1940s. We destroyed the French and Spanish European Unionist fleet at Trafalgar and destroyed the French Army at Waterloo. :winner_third_h4h: Then Hitler's main German cities got a real dose of high explosive damage from our RAF after Hitler's Luftwaffe took liberties over England during the early 1940s. Sir Arthur 'Bomber' Harris stated: the Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

Why not see about getting flights to Madrid, as per FO advice?

Not sure what people want the Nazey to do. They've been ****** by successive governments, to a point we couldn't even mount a major foreign campaign on our own, let alone save some stranded tourists in France and Spain.

Yeah me too. Got some serious probs out here. Nice to see a couple of good guys come on offering a bit of sympathy and offers of help and then some knob comes on and hijacks it because he senses a hint of prejudice. Tos ser

:winner_third_h4h: I be that nob. :winner_third_h4h: It's jealousy, I wouldn't mind being stranded in Las Vegas right now - if only we could swap places. :dancing6:

I think he was refering to the Fka chappy dear RG.

I still wouldn't mind swapping places with reddoc. I'd no doubt blow my money in Las Vegas then have to hitch hike to Baltimore or Philadelphia to sponge off my relatives there. :winner_third_h4h: It might take me months to get back to Blighty - just in time for the start of next season's BCFC promotion campaign.

oohh.. name calling. I can call people names too. Here's some directed to you: co ck sukcer, **** etc.

So come on let's see how you generalise about the following nations: USA, China, Mozambique, South Africa

Let's face it one chinese guy met one Englishman , who was you, they might deduce: all Englishmen - thick as fcuking shit.

Generalizations are good, and yes the Far east does accommodate sexual perverts, if you've got the money, the far East will accommodate you in whatever you wish... they have completely different morals to us, but they are not necessaryrly bad people, just different. when you are ridiculously poor with no NHS or JSA to fall back on its amazing what people will do for money..even prostitution.

Still think Russians and Slarvics are 'generally' nasty people. Not their fault personally, its just how they have evolved.

Generalizations are good, and yes the Far east does accommodate sexual perverts, if you've got the money, the far East will accommodate you in whatever you wish... they have completely different morals to us, but they are not necessaryrly bad people, just different. when you are ridiculously poor with no NHS or JSA to fall back on its amazing what people will do for money..even prostitution.

Still think Russians and Slarvics are 'generally' nasty people. Not their fault personally, its just how they have evolved.

Two observations:

1) Have previously visited Moscow, and to be honest the locals could not have been nicer and more accommodating if they tried. From the ex-KGB drivers, to the black-leather clad heavies walking the streets at all hours to keep us safe, to the multitude of women eager to personally ensure a pleasant night's rest in bed. Great city, great people.

2) 50% of my work colleagues are Slarvic (sic) and 100% of them are decent folk.

CiderHider, yours seems to be a very German WWII type sentiment. I find it interesting how Hitler's Germany saw Russians as 'sub humans' - a very backward people to be shot on sight or used as slaves. May be the Germans saw the Russians as a real 'master race' when the Russian Red Army smashed the best mechanized military units Germany could throw at Russia. Then the Russian Red Army took the German Berlin Reichstag capital building.....still an iconic image to this day where the Russian Red Flag flies over a defeated Berlin.....

65bf42d010e8.jpg

Two observations:

1) Have previously visited Moscow, and to be honest the locals could not have been nicer and more accommodating if they tried. From the ex-KGB drivers, to the black-leather clad heavies walking the streets at all hours to keep us safe, to the multitude of women eager to personally ensure a pleasant night's rest in bed. Great city, great people.

2) 50% of my work colleagues are Slarvic (sic) and 100% of them are decent folk.

Then you are extremely fortunate, or your lieing :icecream:. Although, to an unsuspecting person I guess even Osama Bin Ladin might seem 'decent'. :)

CiderHider, yours seems to be a very German WWII type sentiment. I find it interesting how Hitler's Germany saw Russians as 'sub humans' - a very backward people to be shot on sight or used as slaves. May be the Germans saw the Russians as a real 'master race' when the Russian Red Army smashed the best mechanized military units Germany could throw at Russia. Then the Russian Red Army took the German Berlin Reichstag capital building.....still an iconic image to this day where the Russian Red Flag flies over a defeated Berlin.....

65bf42d010e8.jpg

I'm not going to defend the *unacceptable word*'s, they are scum. but I've spent a spare a fair bit of time in Germany, I used to work in Mannheim going back 10 yrs or so and I found the Germans to be very much like us Brits...Generally.

Can't honestly say I've spent much time in Moscow, or Russia, (out of choice) other than the brief visits and connecting flights to the Middle East, but I know enough about that part of the world and the people of it to never go there again, most Eastern block country's, Chechnia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. Might aswell throw Pakistain in there aswell as Afghanistan are places you get killed for you religion and beliefs, not so nice really are they?

Just a ****** up chunk of the world which causes its people to be ****** up from generation after generation of repression, war and commie dictatorships. Its small wonder they are so sour, the miserable, murdering terrorist alcoholics. :yes:

Meh, Sorry, this is just my opinion, but I find them all mostly sub human,

Just a ****** up chunk of the world which causes its people to be ****** up from generation after generation of repression, war and commie dictatorships. Its small wonder they are so sour, the miserable, murdering terrorist alcoholics. :yes:

I suppose the Russia people did get a brief respite from their daily drudgery by showing the Germans a thing or two about mechanized warfare in the latter stages of World War 2. There is something to be said about the benefits of alcoholism in severe winter - it's anti freeze. The attacking Germans had Schnapps to drink and the Russians had Vodka in World War 2 - the Russians prevailed because they had the better anti freeze - Vodka !!! To prove my point, a Russian tank crew trundles on in their T34 while the pinnacle of German tank technology - the Tiger - lies in pieces.....

t34-pz4.jpg

Tourists Hitler didn't expect in his Berlin Capital - a Red Army T34 tank crew at the Brandenburg Gate.....

t34brand.jpg

Then you are extremely fortunate, or your lieing :icecream:. Although, to an unsuspecting person I guess even Osama Bin Ladin might seem 'decent'. :)

I'm not going to defend the *unacceptable word*'s, they are scum. but I've spent a spare a fair bit of time in Germany, I used to work in Mannheim going back 10 yrs or so and I found the Germans to be very much like us Brits...Generally.

Can't honestly say I've spent much time in Moscow, or Russia, (out of choice) other than the brief visits and connecting flights to the Middle East, but I know enough about that part of the world and the people of it to never go there again, most Eastern block country's, Chechnia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. Might aswell throw Pakistain in there aswell as Afghanistan are places you get killed for you religion and beliefs, not so nice really are they?

You really do talk garbage. Listen to yourself: 'Can't honestly say I've spent much time in Moscow, or Russia' and 'but I know enough about that part of the world and the people of it to never go there again'. I've never heard of anyone being killed for their religious beliefs in Ukraine,what examples can you give? You do realise that Russia and Ukraine are Orthodox countries don't you? for an international jetsetter, you really are very ignorant.

For the record, I have a number of Russian friends and I've always found them to be very generous and warm people. That's not to say there aren't bad ones - of coruse there are. That's just the point though isn't Ciderhider? There are only good or bad people and they're all scattered throughout the world. We even know there were decent people living in Germany during the Third Reich.

This may be just your opinion, but it sounds *unacceptable word*. 'sub-human' is *unacceptable word*. To be honest, I think you're a little bit sick in the head. Let's face it in *unacceptable word* Germany you'd have been pulling the trigger.

I just find it incredible that on this forum people can be banned for name calling and the word *unacceptable word* is often edited and yet.... here is someone expressing clear *unacceptable word* views and there isn't a mod in sight.

:disapointed2se:

And while I'm at it, I feel I should point out the forum rules:

Discrimination

Discrimination is not tolerated on this forum. Discrimination can take the form of the use of specific words or phrases or can be in the form of a general attitude towards an individual or group of people. For example, making a statement that all black people are criminals is discrimination on the basis of race, is illegal and is unacceptable. Discrimination can be on the basis of (but not limited to) race, sex, disability, religion, family ties, sexual orientation or political persuasion.

The rules

To be honest, I' don't like to quote rules etc, I'm normally an easy going guy, but I really think what your peddling is beyond the acceptable. I notice you recently were instructed to remove the comments below your avatar.

You appear to have an emormous chip on your shoulder.

I'd just like to generalize that Moscovites and Russians have had real trouble with European Unionists in the past. Firstly the French European Unionists under Napoleon in the 1800s and then German European Unionists under Hitler in the 1940s. Is it any wonder that that the Russians don't want foreigners from the current European Union hanging around their capital?

Russian invasions of Europe are more numerous than European invasions of Russia

Napoleon, and everyone has invaded Russia to prevent invasion of Europe bar the Russian hordes. as is usual with Adolf, he just wanted to trash everything and everybody.

Russia's attempts to redraw the map of Europe in 1812-15 were only stopped by the UK, trying to stitch, the Brits, Prussians, Poles, Swedes, Danes, Saxons, Austrians and French up to their benefit. Funny old thing, only the French were the enemy in that war. The Prussians never forgave them, nor the Saxons, Austrians and Poles.

they succeeded in redrawing the maps in 1945. most of which was promptly reversed when the people they occupied threw them out. a lesson to the EU they would be well advised to take on board

They', like the EU are still trying to redraw borders

oohh.. name calling. I can call people names too. Here's some directed to you: co ck sukcer, **** etc.

So come on let's see how you generalise about the following nations: USA, China, Mozambique, South Africa

-----

Let's face it one chinese guy met one Englishman , who was you, they might deduce: all Englishmen - thick as fcuking shit.

Thanks fellas , got out appreciate the concern and advise, flights to Madrid were going for $2000 one stopping at Heathrow or $33,000 direct. Neither appealing under the circs. Really grateful for the constructive help given , quoted fka as just wanted to say once a ----- always a ------ Don't actually remember generalising about anyone, but whatever minority group you belong to , w****rs the lot of you.

Cheers Doc

Thanks fellas , got out appreciate the concern and advise, flights to Madrid were going for $2000 one stopping at Heathrow or $33,000 direct. Neither appealing under the circs. Really grateful for the constructive help given , quoted fka as just wanted to say once a ----- always a ------ Don't actually remember generalising about anyone, but whatever minority group you belong to , w****rs the lot of you.

Cheers Doc

These are my final words on the matter. Let's get things straight. I didn't hijack the thread. Ciderhider could have kept on subject but decided to divulge his worldy wisdom with comments about Russians being ficking horrible people. I took exception to this as it's not my experience or opinion. I hadn't even referred to you. You then come on and start calling me 'tosser' and whining about a hint of prejudice. Should I assume you weren't defending his views?

Anyway, I suspect none of this will make any difference to you as you hardly seem reasonable. It seems like the resonable people are the minority on here.

These are my final words on the matter. Let's get things straight. I didn't hijack the thread. Ciderhider could have kept on subject but decided to divulge his worldy wisdom with comments about Russians being ficking horrible people. I took exception to this as it's not my experience or opinion. I hadn't even referred to you. You then come on and start calling me 'tosser' and whining about a hint of prejudice. Should I assume you weren't defending his views?

Anyway, I suspect none of this will make any difference to you as you hardly seem reasonable. It seems like the resonable people are the minority on here.

Matey boy, you quoted me , accused me of 'name calling'handbags.gif which is fair enough, but under the circumstances described you did irritate me a bit, and then suggest I racially generalize. Show me where? I can't find it. Just got back in time for the death of father in law and quite frankly your pathetic bleating piss's me off.

Archived