IGNORED

Stag Night In Manchester

The Batman

Hey Guys and Gals

For my sins, I have been given the duties of being a Best Man for the first time.

After much arguements about where to go for his stag weekend, one of my mates has ranted and ranted about manchester and how good it is (the city, not the pub in Blackpool)

I've only been a few times when England played at Old Trafford while Wembley was being built.

Anyone live in Manchester or go there often that can recommend somwehere to go??

Need to take into consideration that we'll be dressed as Armed Forces personel in honour of our Mate in Afghanistan who wont be joining us.

Reply on here or PM, any ideas are much appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

Hey Guys and Gals

For my sins, I have been given the duties of being a Best Man for the first time.

After much arguements about where to go for his stag weekend, one of my mates has ranted and ranted about manchester and how good it is (the city, not the pub in Blackpool)

I've only been a few times when England played at Old Trafford while Wembley was being built.

Anyone live in Manchester or go there often that can recommend somwehere to go??

Need to take into consideration that we'll be dressed as Armed Forces personel in honour of our Mate in Afghanistan who wont be joining us.

Reply on here or PM, any ideas are much appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

Been a while since I lived there, so can't offer much in the way of specifics, but to quote a cabbie when I was up there a few years ago for a test match: "if you want rough Oldham slappers, go to the Printworks; if you want posh Cheshire tarts, go to Deansgate Locks".

Having been to both, the bars along Deansgate Locks get my vote, though if on a stag, you may have to be a little more careful of where you will and won't get in.

Give the nature of the trip, if you want viewing pleasures of a gentleman's nature, Long Legs in Chinatown is easy to find, if you want something more interactive, there are a host of places along Ancoats.

If you want a belter of a curry, take a cab a mile or so south from the town centre into Rusholme.

If you are particularly morbid, and want to have a pint in the same place that Brady and Hindley drank, go into The Whitworth at the top end of Rusholme on the edge of the park.

Sadly, my favourite place from years gone by, The Conti, closed many moons ago. Thus denying you the thrill of clambering through the roofing structure over the dancefloor, dodging asbestos.

Enjoy.

Been a while since I lived there, so can't offer much in the way of specifics, but to quote a cabbie when I was up there a few years ago for a test match: "if you want rough Oldham slappers, go to the Printworks; if you want posh Cheshire tarts, go to Deansgate Locks".

Having been to both, the bars along Deansgate Locks get my vote, though if on a stag, you may have to be a little more careful of where you will and won't get in.

Give the nature of the trip, if you want viewing pleasures of a gentleman's nature, Long Legs in Chinatown is easy to find, if you want something more interactive, there are a host of places along Ancoats.

If you want a belter of a curry, take a cab a mile or so south from the town centre into Rusholme.

If you are particularly morbid, and want to have a pint in the same place that Brady and Hindley drank, go into The Whitworth at the top end of Rusholme on the edge of the park.

Sadly, my favourite place from years gone by, The Conti, closed many moons ago. Thus denying you the thrill of clambering through the roofing structure over the dancefloor, dodging asbestos.

Enjoy.

cheers

Archived