IGNORED

One Minor Negative

Dave Youell

Why a rolling contract?

Leaves us open to be in the same position this time next year.

Say he has a really good season, we lose in the play off finals. Any Tom, Dick or Harry could then snap him up for free and we are managerless again.

Don't want to be negative, Coppell was my first choice and I still can't believe we have him, but I'm just worried that we could end up a rudderless ship in 12 months, unless the next year is being used as KM training time with more responsibility with a view for review.

Why a rolling contract?

Leaves us open to be in the same position this time next year.

Say he has a really good season, we lose in the play off finals. Any Tom, Dick or Harry could then snap him up for free and we are managerless again.

Don't want to be negative, Coppell was my first choice and I still can't believe we have him, but I'm just worried that we could end up a rudderless ship in 12 months, unless the next year is being used as KM training time with more responsibility with a view for review.

In 12 months time he'll have 12 months left on his contract. A rolling contract means that the deal has a year to run all the time. I agree that this isn't ideal but at least we'd get some compensation if someone tries to poach him

now i realise that i may get hung out to dry for being negative .But i have a little concern about the one year rolling contract awarded to Mr Coppell In as far as does it show a true commitment to the cause or a ready made escape route should things start to go badly wrong.?

I truly believe this will not be the case and believe Coppell to be a top signing however i did have this concern about the contract

Dolman Dan CTID

Sorry i didnt see the other post on the same subjectwhistle.gif

now i realise that i may get hung out to dry for being negative .But i have a little concern about the one year rolling contract awarded to Mr Coppell In as far as does it show a true commitment to the cause or a ready made escape route should things start to go badly wrong.?

I truly believe this will not be the case and believe Coppell to be a top signing however i did have this concern about the contract

Dolman Dan CTID

All it means is he always has a year left on his contract. So at any given moment in his time here his contract has 1 year left. It was interesting to hear him say he'd happily work with no contract at all and has done so in the past at Palace.

I think people are missing the point of a rolling contract. This is what Danny Wilson had. At any point the contract is always 12 months long, i.e it'll always have 12 months to run whatever the day, month, year.

For me contracts are pretty much a waste of time these days. If a player or manager really want to leave a club, cos maybe they are unhappy or think they can get a bigger club or whatever. Then there's little point in holding them to they're contract. It's just a case of how much compensation you get, if they leave. If they are on a long contract then you can ask for more compensation i guess, but if you ask for too much.....then the buying club will just pull out and you can be left with an unhappy player or manager! I think SC is a man of his word, and if things go well, then i can see him here for many a year......hopefully in the Prem!

I think people are missing the point of a rolling contract. This is what Danny Wilson had. At any point the contract is always 12 months long, i.e it'll always have 12 months to run whatever the day, month, year.

didnt Gary Johnson start on a rolling contract n all?

On the subject of minor negatives there is a small pratical issue that I have been wondering about.

Having seen several TV profiles of SC over the years, he has stated himself that he does not do "tea cup throwing/hand granades/hair dryer treatment" and always got his number 2 to do any shouting that might needed. Now KM may have a voice and temper that can strip paint from 500 yards, but having never met him, his public image suggests he is not one for handing out public rants.

I was just wondering, if KM's public image reflects who he really is, who is going to hand out the "hair dryer treatment" should it be needed ?

Please note I am not having a go at anyone I am really pleased at SC's appointment, just concerned who's going to "kick butt" when needed.

I don't think a hairdryer is ever really needed. At least that's what I try and tell the missus when we're packing for holiday.

Seriously though, it's relative. If you never rant and rave the odd harsh comment can have the same effect as a full on bollocking from a red faced angry man.

The important thing is that the players respect you and believe you know more than they do, otherwise neither works.

Archived