IGNORED

Ivar Ingimarsson

yate super reds

Him and Carey at the back would be top class. Wouldn't want him captain though carey's been a great servent for the club and deserves the captains armband. Now all we need now is a LB, RW, LW and maybe one more striker. Heard James Harpers out of contract at the end of the season. With him playing under Coppell at Reading I could see him joining us IMO. Exciting stuff!

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think Carey's done anything wrong. He's always open and honest in his matchday programme notes and on the bcfc website. I say give him 1 more season

I don't think so, he hasn't been open and honest as to why he has under performed for the ex manager and why his form has been so poor.

I believe Carey has had his time and it's time to move him on, he has become to slow IMO. I agree with another poster in that Hartley to become Captain and Orr as Vice, that would be one hell of a pairing on the field.

Hartley for captain definatley. IMO Carey will only be a back up defender next season ad if skuse keeps progressing the way he is how about him for vice captain? I know bradders has the voice and passion but I can see ribs pushing him really hard for his starting place next year

Him and Carey at the back would be top class.

Surely he would replace Carey not play along side of him. We would still need a giant no nonsense ball winning centre half as well (Shaun Taylor type)

Carey is not Vocal enough to be the Captain so a change is needed and to make a new signing captain straight away would would be crazy and send out the wrong message to the current squad give the armband to Hartley.

Surely he would replace Carey not play along side of him. We would still need a giant no nonsense ball winning centre half as well (Shaun Taylor type)

Carey is not Vocal enough to be the Captain so a change is needed and to make a new signing captain straight away would would be crazy and send out the wrong message to the current squad give the armband to Hartley.

I always though McCombe would have been the giant no nonsense ball winning shaun taylor type centre half.

Some things just dont turn right for some players after such a promising start in League 1. Oh well.

I think Ivar IS the ball-winning centre-half isn't he? Anyway. he's out for 4 months with an injury so i doubt he'll go anywhere until he's fit.

The Reading fans seem to think he's a leader too... big influence in the dressing room, and future coach. Sounds like a good sort to me.

For me, I would be looking for a new centre half to play along side Fonts.

He has shown in the past couple of seasons that he has the ability to push on and be a pretty cultured centre back. Carey and Fonts was always my preferred centre back pairing, but with Carey getting on a bit now its a good time to bring in a tough central defender to play alongside Fonts.

I would like to see Ribs made our full time right back and we definately require a new left back.

I do really like what coppell had to say about adjusting the style of play to fit the current playing squad rather than playing people out of position.

Should be an interesting summer englandsmile4wf.gif

Nyatanga and Fontaine are too similar. They can't play together because both need an experienced player alongside them.

For my money Carey's too inconsistent and McCombe technically not up to the job, so we need to push the boat out and get a genuinely classy defender in here. Someone who's been there and done it at the top of the Championship. A possibility could by Nyron Nosworthy of Sunderland. Not the greatest player in the world but he's big and tough and has won a couple of promotions from the Championship.

I'd lose McCombe and sell one of Fontaine and Nyatanga. Riberio and Wilson should be cover enough. Carey I'd like to keep and I'd like to see him try and beat City's appearance record, but I'm not sure he can be first choice anymore and if he's not happy with that he might have to move on.

We need another left back as well.

Nyatanga and Fontaine are too similar. They can't play together because both need an experienced player alongside them.

For my money Carey's too inconsistent and McCombe technically not up to the job, so we need to push the boat out and get a genuinely classy defender in here. Someone who's been there and done it at the top of the Championship. A possibility could by Nyron Nosworthy of Sunderland. Not the greatest player in the world but he's big and tough and has won a couple of promotions from the Championship.

I'd lose McCombe and sell one of Fontaine and Nyatanga. Riberio and Wilson should be cover enough. Carey I'd like to keep and I'd like to see him try and beat City's appearance record, but I'm not sure he can be first choice anymore and if he's not happy with that he might have to move on.

We need another left back as well.

Provided that you mean James Wilson as cover as opposed to Brian, I agree with nearly every word of that.

I don't see Carey as inconsistent though I just sadly think that at 33 he's coming towards the end of a very long road with us.

When he goes I think it will be the end of an era, I doubt I'll ever see a (South) Bristolian make 500 appearances for the club he supports again but the sands of time are starting to drift away...

Im starting to think the same with carey, he is a good player but surely he is getting a bit old now.

carey has been great for us. BUT i get the feeling he will not be here next season. does anyone know if his contract is up or not??

i suspect that on this seasons showing he will be let go if it is. reason being i can see an experienced first ball defender coming in (maybe that icelandic guy people are speculating about from reading who is OOC). millen will of told coppell in no uncertain terms how dire our defending has been this season and how wev'e had to play play 3 CB's to cope. im 100% convinced coppell wont want to play 532 so that will mean AN Other coming in to play with fonts/ nyantanga for me.

the thing that tips it for me is that i cant see lois being happy to sit on the bench or in the stands - i dont think that would be a healthy situation for anybody to have an ex-captain in the back ground hardly getting a run out and getting frustrated because of it.

Ingimarsson's time at Reading is probably up. He will move on to a pay as you play deal next season if he stays although we might still offer him a new deal. He has been with Coppell at Brentford, Brighton and Reading so is likely that he might make a move if he feels you need a new centre back.

Good captain, level headed, but getting slower all the time. However I would still rather see him stay at the Madejski.

Provided that you mean James Wilson as cover as opposed to Brian, I agree with nearly every word of that.

I don't see Carey as inconsistent though I just sadly think that at 33 he's coming towards the end of a very long road with us.

When he goes I think it will be the end of an era, I doubt I'll ever see a (South) Bristolian make 500 appearances for the club he supports again but the sands of time are starting to drift away...

Maybe Skuse?

Hartley for captain definatley. IMO Carey will only be a back up defender next season ad if skuse keeps progressing the way he is how about him for vice captain? I know bradders has the voice and passion but I can see ribs pushing him really hard for his starting place next year

I agree with this.

As much as I hate to say it, because I admire the fella so much for his dedication to our club, but Louis Carey is too old now. It happens to everyone.

He's slower and before this season he had a bit of know-how to cover that gap, but he obviously and quite naturally is even slower again now.

He's not 25 anymore.

I'd have Hartley as Captain and play a new CB alongside Fontaine and Orr/Ribs.

McAllister isn't good enough and we need a new LB.

So two out of the current four for me at the back.

New commanding centreback in to play with Fonts next season, Ingirmarrson on a free will do nicely

Carey can cover the new guy, Nyatanga can cover Fonts

James Wilson can have one more term out on loan, hopefully avoid injury then come back and take Careys backup spot the season after.

Archived