IGNORED

Liam Rosenior

B-Rizzle

Liam Rosenior, very good right back imo and gets forward well. He's out of contract in the summer and played under coppell at reading. I wonder whether coppell might go in for him this summer on a free?

Thoughts? Would you like to see him come back, would he want to come back? or are both parties still bitter by the manner of his depature to Fulham last time?

I personally think he got a bit of a hard time at City, he was favoured because of his dad and then got stick because of it. I don't blame him for wanting to move on, especially as Fulham came in for him. It was our fault for not offering him a contract early enough which resulted in all the problems with the tribunal.

I personally wouldn't like to see him back, never the same second time around and the first time wasn't all that impressive in my opion, i'm sure others will beg to differ.

Wonderson never played him in his right position and generally treated him like crap anyway.. dropping him after winning MOTM at the LDV final was the final nail in the coffin for his career here.

^^^ he can play left back though.

He's always said nice things about city, despite getting stick.

Very silly of him to move though, when murray left. he would have played alot the next season, even if it would have been out of his favoured position.

I'd have him back, if coppell thinks he's what we need.

I know Bristol is pretty backwards, but do we always have to look at ex players when thinking of new signings? I'll give it a month before some clown says we should sign Lita.

I think its more that Coppell sometimes goes for players he's managed before and Rosenior ticks that box.

^^^ he can play left back though.

He's always said nice things about city, despite getting stick.

Very silly of him to move though, when murray left. he would have played alot the next season, even if it would have been out of his favoured position.

I'd have him back, if coppell thinks he's what we need.

I think that's a little unfair. Let's not forget Rosenior didn't leave us and then flop (i.e Cotterill), he actually did very good for Fulham and was their first choice right back for a couple of years, he then played for Reading as first choice for a couple of years who are another very good team. I dont know what happened at the end of last season which saw him go on loan to Ipswich but it just appeared to be a general clear out of players at Reading. He's had a very good career and it's IMPROVED since he left us.

I think that's a little unfair. Let's not forget Rosenior didn't leave us and then flop (i.e Cotterill), he actually did very good for Fulham and was their first choice right back for a couple of years, he then played for Reading as first choice for a couple of years who are another very good team. I dont know what happened at the end of last season which saw him go on loan to Ipswich but it just appeared to be a general clear out of players at Reading. He's had a very good career and it's IMPROVED since he left us.

he did'nt play immediately for fulham. My point was that he could have played alot more first team football instead of playing for fulham reserves for a couple of years.

Wonderson never played him in his right position and generally treated him like crap anyway.. dropping him after winning MOTM at the LDV final was the final nail in the coffin for his career here.

How odd, though, that he should prefer playing right back to midfield or attack. He clearly had the skills to play pretty much any attacking position on the park and he surely could have commanded a higher wage by being an attacking player, not to mention more glory and freedom when playing.

He is a free agent and would be looking for a very lucrative contract to consider a return... A few of the comments didn't make sense he went to Fulham to play in the reserves and must of sorted out his bank balance in the process. If you work for Somerfield and Tesco offer you more money to do the same job what do you do?

Surely rightback would be well down the pecking order of priority areas to address

Orr is a established Championship right back, who is 100% comitted in every game and city through and through

Ribs is looking like the best youngster we have coming through and probably has scope to improve past Orrs ability over time.

I'd day thats one area we def dont need to spend any more transfer/wage budget on.

Ingirmarsson would make a hell of a lot of sense though

Would be a very good move to move Orr on, after all his loyalty will be tested again when his contract is up for renewal (which presumably is in the next 12 months), we have to get better players in than that are already here and Rosenior is better than Orr if Coppell want's a right back that can pass.

Agreed excellent defensive full back but anything else then doesnt cut it, surprising really as he started as a misfielder. Internetjef said he was city through and through yet seems to forget the blackmailing of the club - it was alleged he wanted midfielder's pay instead of a defender's pay. You mention the excuse for not having options in front of him, yet whenever Sproule comes on he looks for other passes other than Sproule, said it before, no point bringing Sproule on as Orr appears to not rate him and doesnt pass to him, same happened with Betsy but even worse when his fellow midfielders wouldnt pass to him either. Some said he had Cotterill in his pocket, whilst others saying Cotteriill is poor - so the argument that he had Cotterill in his pocket doesnt really mean much if people think he's not much cop.

Rosenior vs Orr, Rosenior just as good defensive full back but offers tons more upfront. I do think however that the way he left us will count against him and that other areas of the team need more attention than right back. Coppell said he wont ask players to play positions they are not suited for so I guess we will see Orr as right full back and Ribiero as wing back challenging for full back.

Agreed excellent defensive full back but anything else then doesnt cut it, surprising really as he started as a misfielder. Internetjef said he was city through and through yet seems to forget the blackmailing of the club - it was alleged he wanted midfielder's pay instead of a defender's pay. You mention the excuse for not having options in front of him, yet whenever Sproule comes on he looks for other passes other than Sproule, said it before, no point bringing Sproule on as Orr appears to not rate him and doesnt pass to him, same happened with Betsy but even worse when his fellow midfielders wouldnt pass to him either. Some said he had Cotterill in his pocket, whilst others saying Cotteriill is poor - so the argument that he had Cotterill in his pocket doesnt really mean much if people think he's not much cop.

Rosenior vs Orr, Rosenior just as good defensive full back but offers tons more upfront. I do think however that the way he left us will count against him and that other areas of the team need more attention than right back. Coppell said he wont ask players to play positions they are not suited for so I guess we will see Orr as right full back and Ribiero as wing back challenging for full back.

I'm a big fan of orr's - he's simply a beast of a right back. But Rosenior is one of the few full backs I would want to replace him - we all know rosenior is very good going forward.

I'm certain Coppell will be attracting players of a higher standard than Cotterill, signing him would be a sideways move IMO.

I. I agree with this 100%. Cotts was nothing against us, yeah he scores some good goals but I think mcanuff or kebe would be a better signing by far!

Archived